A Curse Disguised as a Blessing

Started by Linwelin, November 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Vladimir was surprised by the story, but not by it's substance. He had heard the like many times before, sometimes used against him as some sort of "divine persuasion". What he was surprised by was the sincerity. He was moved, and wanted to take up Kryas' offer, but there were a couple problems. One, the offer to spend the night was probably not really in Kryas' power to give. But the most important was the second reason, the reason he would compromise for, night terrors. Since his "transformation", he was plagued weekly by them, never knowing when they would occur, but always ending in a poor night's sleep for everyone nearby as well. Thus sleeping in close proximity to others simply wasn't possible.

After contemplating the proposal for a little longer, Vladimir speaks, "If I am to accept this offer, there are some things that need to be straightened out. First, I don't know if I can accept until your superiors, if there are any, permit it. And the second, for personal reasons, is that I cannot sleep near others. It is more for the good of others than myself. If I am allowed to stay in your hall for even one night, I am most grateful. Joining the guild would please me even more. But all things must happen in due time, and experience says rushing this would not help anyone."

Vladimir then sits back in his chair. "If all goes smoothly, I will find a place to sleep away from everyone else. We can discuss what to do after that." He then looks between Kryas and the woman a couple times, "How are we to go about this?" Noticing he is forgetting something, afer getting caught up in Kryas' momentum, Vladimir turns back to the lady knight, "If it sits well with you, that is. I know there are still many suspicions that you hold, and rightfully so."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Annia shifted uncomfortably as the attention was placed back on her.

"The best thing we can do is to probably meet with the guild master. But there is an issue..." She glanced at Kryas, then after a moment of silence she continued as she turned back towards the methuselan named Vladimir.

"I haven't actually ever met the person, and I've been a member for months now. I hear stories of course, as well as some rumors from the older members of the guild. Not sure if I know anyone who's met him. Or at least, if they did, they kept it a secret. When I had joined the guild, I had only talked to the more senior members, and after proving myself and of my worth, they let me join." She pointed her finger back at the door.

"Someone does manage the doors though. Even though its powered by magic, I've been told that at times when it was needed, the magic on the doors seal themselves. Believe it or not the guild hall is actually pretty well-defended, I doubt all the magic is automated, and my guess is that the guild master has a hand in them. At the very least, there's more than just the three of us who knows you are here."

"Take Kryas' offer. I'll spend the rest of the day asking around. If not about the guild master, then perhaps about you." She smiled before any alarm can be raised. "Don't worry I'll be discreet in my inquiries."

Linwelin

Vladimir sagged back in his chair in relief. These are good people here...I think I can finally learn to trust others again...one step at a time, of course. He looked back across the table, "Very well, I am grateful for the trust you've put in me. However, I still stress that I not stay near other sleeping quarters." They won't understand why unless you tell them, or hear it themselves. May as well be the former. "The reason is because, as embarrassing as it is, due to past trauma I suffer from...night terrors..." Vladimir feels pathetic saying it, it's very personal to him, and as he's never slept near others for the past couple decades, it's been a long time since he's ever explained it to anyone. And he did not like feeling this vulnerable. "I never know when it will occur, so that's why I'm so insistent on these sleeping arrangements. Please do not tell anyone of this, it is rather personal, and at the moment you two are the only ones I feel need to know."

Vladimir then lightened a little bit, "As for the guild itself, I find its operation quite curious. No one knows this great mage of a guildmaster? And yet the doors are magically run by him? It almost sounds like he's some omnipotent, omnipresent being." He laughs at his next thought. "Is he some sort of god?'
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"It's the guild's quarks which drew me to this place." said Kryas with a  smirk, "you never know what's going to coming walking through those doors."

That was the truth for the most part. It was the guild quirks which had pulled the bard to the gathering in the first place, but that wasn't the only reason. Turning to the task at hand however his smile only grew while looking at his possible new friend.

"It sounds like the three of us truly were led together by fate my friend! Who better to help you with your sleeping habits then a bard? We who specialize in easing the pains of the hearts and minds that plague the soul."

"Besides" Kryas continued to say in a half whisper turning slightly more serious "Would not someone in your postion find comfort behind sealed doors where you know someone can aid in the night if something were to go wrong?"

Kryas' face softened once again, "and besides, I'm more adept with dealing with such issues then most you don't know the people i lived with before i left home!" At this Kryas snickered inwardly at the memory but his gaze said he was not going to take no for an answer.

"I'm not going to just let suffer sitting alone in shadow" he convinced himself he was not going to back down on this one.

Throndir

"Is he some sort of god?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if there were some who thought that." Annia replied back, chuckling softly.

As Kryas finished, Annia nodded, impressed and glad that Kryas also shared the same conviction. She wondered how the rest of the guild would react, as well their elusive guild master. She wondered about the guild master. She had previously asked about their leader not long after she had first joined, but back then her inquiries were unanswered. She knew some people in the town however, and she did know of the information broker who was thought to know everything, for the right price of course.

She turned back her attention to Vladimir.

"My name is Annia Siadon, of the Siadon family", she said as she pulled off the gloves she wore extending it out towards Vladimir. "There is always something that frightens us. You have my word that none else shall know, at least from my lips."

Linwelin

Vladimir had to stifle his tears. It had been too long since support like this had been offered to him, and never before this strongly. He had found worthy friends, and only hoped he could return their kindness in time. "I really do thank you both...I've never been met with such conviction from those wishing to aid me. You have my trust, and endless thanks, for ending my wandering.

When Annia introduced herself to him, Vladimir couldn't help but laugh, "Gods, I hadn't even gotten your name yet? I was too nervous to even realize it! My apologies. Well met, Annia!" He took her hand jovially, "And thank you for that. Soon enough, I believe the whole of the guild will know, hopefully by my own lips, should they come to accept me."

"And Kryas, I truly appreciate your willingness to watch over me in that time. However, let me know if it becomes a burden to deal with these weekly outbursts. It defeats the purpose that you save my rest only to forfeit your own." Vladimir smiles warmly at them both, that sincere smile being the first in many years.

"Now then, what am I to do? How does this 'entering the guild' actually work?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"When I joined the guild, they had only asked for loyalty, the emblem to be worn, and our willingness to claim this city as our own. We're not as formal as the city guards, the temple orders, or the Silver Arms branch here, but from what I've experienced so far, we all have a similar goal. The best one to know would probably be Arelia who manages our lodging, locker, and sums of gold that we sometimes find that's too much to carry around."

Mysticsage

Kryas smirked slightly when he thought about when he finally got his guild crest from Arelia. She was a kind of spokeswoman for the guild master who never seemed to leave his chambers. All the members of the guild treated her with respect and slight fear for her postion. She was the one who had all the guild creasts hidden away somewhere only she could find.

"She for sure would have any answers we could need well go see here in the morning okay Vlad. For now you look like you could use some sleep. And to be honest I could myself." Kryas let loose a fake yawn to sign the deal. He wasn't really tired but he was fine staying in his room awake  as much as he was sitting here.

"Annia can you meet us down here in the morning and the three of us will go there and sort everything out together ya?"

Throndir

"That will be perfect. As I said before, I'll ask around town about the guild master, and if there's any other information on who might be looking for Vladimir." She turned towards Vladimir.

"I agree with Kryas, lets get you familiar with the guild hall. I believe there are some empty quarters near Kryas' room if you're still adamant about not sharing quarters. I'll see you two in the morning though."

The knight bowed gracefully, something she was taught when she was still being brought up as a noble in the Siadon family.

"I'm glad we could have met Vladimir, and I thank Valtean that we met in these circumstances, rather than if I were still with my order..." She decided not to finish her thought, but instead put her gloves back on as she prepared to leave the two.

Linwelin

Vladimir smiles and bows his head, catching her meaning perfectly. "I thank you both. Retiring for the night definitely sounds pleasant." Then he chuckles, "Heck, I'm just happy to have a bed to do so!" With that he downs the last bit of his cider and stands. "Come! Let's get to that room of yours, Kryas. We have to be well rested to take care of matters in the morning." He smiles at his new friend, then turns to Annia, "We'll see you in the morning, Annia. Good night."

He has Kryas lead the way, smiling all the way. At last, a home...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Of course. The morning it will be." The knight replied. She looked at Kryas. "Make sure to show him his quarters. If sharing a room is not an option, ensure his quarters are nearby. I know enough about these blood hunts that Vladimir describes to know some can be relentless." She thought about one of those hunts that she herself had participated in while in service with her order. "I participated in them at one point in my life, but that is probably a story I shall tell some other time."

"Sleep well Vladimir. You may be a methuselan, but your heart's in the right place, and so may Valtean guide your path." Annia nodded once, as she turned from the group, heading out the opposite direction.

Mysticsage

Kryas took that as his cue to stand, "Well shall we then? My room is a little ways off since i'm one of the only people who play music late into the night i got put in an area where i won;t bother anyone"

Kryas smiled as he led the way softly pulling the man along slightly making sure that he wouldn't get cold feet as they made there way up te stairs and down the male hall. Down another two hallways they reached a small door at the end. The one next door the sounds of snooring coming out loudly.

"Golas," He explained "Snores up a storm and sleeps like a rock so he got relegated down here as well ." Opening the door he ushered him into the small room. three single beds and a desk with a lamp greeted them. Two of the beds were made and seemed to have never been used the third was obviously Kryas' directly to one side of the only window. His bed had slips of paper everywhere scraps and scribbles along with his instruments on racks displayed nicely.

"Have your pick" Said Kryas with a smile closing the door behind them then going over to the lamp and lighting the oil wit a spare match. Shuffling the Tarot cards off into the corner of the deck he swept the papers off the bed and into a mesh can near his bed before sitting

"Sorry for the mess I wasn't expecting guests" He joked. "Please sit, relax your free from prying eyes here."

Linwelin

Vladimir joked with Kryas as he settled down on the bed that would get no sunlight, though tried to make it less obvious, "Why do I get the feeling that you're the only eyes that'd pry?" He laughs, making it obvious that there was no accusation, nor insult meant.

As he's looking over the spread of instruments along Kryas' side of the room, he takes note of a lyre set on a stand at the foot of the bed. "Now there's something I haven't seen for years, mostly due to avoiding large groups. A lyre! Do you mind if I played it for a while? I'm mighty rusty, but I had one sitting around years back. It was a past time for me back in the peaceful days of my life."

Without waiting for much of a response, Vladimir picked it up and took a chair, taking his time messing with the instrument. After a short while, he had pieced together an old piece he once knew, though shakily played.

[spoiler=Open/Close for Music]http://www.youtube.com/v/FFNRCy5r8l0&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Yes...this is a good place. He thought simply to himself.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas laughed at Vlad's joke "Perhaps your right." he laughed as he listened to Vlad play the lyre. He tapped along with the melody and clapped lightly when it was finished "If you like the sound of her feel free to keep it, consider it a gift as a marker of you coming to the guild." He shuffled the tarot card deck loudly before leaning over and placing it on the table. Pick up the card from the top of the deck he smiled.

"Death in the reverse" he smiled turning to showing a picture of a cloaked reaper with a scythe, "it seems some big changes are in your future." placing the card on the table he got up and moved to the window to glace at the moon. He was introverted for a moment as he looked out the window "So you were saying you have a sleeping problem? One of my close friends from where I came from had horrible night terrors and i've experienced a few bad nights myself."

Linwelin

Vladimir laughs, "Coming my way? The change has happened. I've not been in a situation like this before. Or at least not in a few decades!" He continued to pluck gently at the lyre's strings, the melody bringing him back to more pleasant times of his past. "And as for the Lyre, well, I couldn't possibly take her from you. But I'll take that offer as permission to play occasionally."

At Kryas bringing up the terrors, Vladimir pauses, setting the lyre next to him. "Those...are terrors of a different sort. My nightmares are not nightmares, but memories. They are memories of when I came what I am now. I assure you, though I can't speak for your acquaintances' over their suffering, what I speak of is a different sort."

Vladimir looked Kryas in the eye, slightly changing the subject for a moment, "Immortality has always come at a great price, anyone with some sort of wisdom would know this. Only fools seek it, and yet there are many of those, numbering may more than the wise ever could. Well, the price of mine was pain and death. So many different kinds that I'm surprised I've recovered sanity. And occasionally, I relive those moments, at the very time I'm supposed to gain rest...yes, that is the price of immortality. And I can tell you now, it's not worth the trouble."

He then looks out the window, gazing at the moonlight scenery. "My only relief is that I still exist, despite all of that, and despite my imprisonment. That fact lets me lead a life again, albeit a different one." The room then fills with an awkward silence, Vladimir continuing to stare out the window, a wistful expression on his face.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_