A Curse Disguised as a Blessing

Started by Linwelin, November 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"Never before have I felt such comfort at night...if only I could feel such comfort elsewhere once again."

The confinement had not been pleasant, but Vladimir had gotten the compensation he desired. The irony of it all was a thing of beauty, but everything, all that happened, kept him feeling confined. He had gained his freedom, killed the man who had held him. Yet, he still remained the result of an experiment; he was tainted beyond repair thanks to that bloody wizard. However, it was useless to despair. He was what many dreamed to become, so even if it wasn't HIS dream, he should make the best of it.

At least that was his intention, but he soon realized it was harder than it seemed. He was unable to walk comfortably in broad daylight; he became ill, and even wounded, when he came in contact with symbols of purity. And then there was worst part, the thirst. He did not crave blood so much get sick without it. There was no unholy frenzy when he went without the drink, but the weakness was unpleasant to say the least. It was obvious that discretion was his ally now. He would never have a normal life again. The only relief was that there was no one else involved in this change, no abandoned or threatened family to unnerve him even more. Solitude was possible, and with how things were, quite likely. But was it the right thing to do? Turning his back on the world in self-defense felt so...cowardly. Sure, he would not be welcome at first glance, he probably wouldn't even be accepted after the second glance, but history has always shown that oddities, such as how he was now, went mad without any prior guidance. His former captor was proof enough of that. And that was one thing he did NOT want to mimic.

Vladimir shook his head, throwing himself from his reminiscence. Do not think of the past, Vlad...today is a big day, and that sob story won't help you right now. You've traveled decades, across many lands, taken in only to be thrown aside under superstition. But today, today you've found a new chance at a home. The rumors speak strongly of how open minded this place is, how backgrounds and ethnicity meant nothing compared to one's moral standing and will. Yes, today, after countless years of wandering, you have a chance to start your life again.

And so Vladimir Ludwik knocked on the doors to the Guild of Galas'nor, anxious and hopeful.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

For once the guild hall was actually quite relaxed and solemn. It was always like this every evening when there wasn't a large party or gathering the day before, and it was times like these that Annia treasured greatly. Of course, so too did many other guild members who enjoyed the time of the day when people would start preparing for the night. They went about their business; reading, playing cards, or the occasional dialogues between the individuals. Usually one of the door guards would be posted at the door. But this time, Golas, one of the door guards scheduled for that evening, had some sort of 'business' to attend to during the entire evening, the night, and possibly all of the next morning as well. The ever so accommodating Annia who didn't even have the inkling to ask where he was going had volunteered to take one of the shifts in his place.

She looked at the flute she had carried, only moments before was she clumsily blowing through the instrument. She could play, but not very well. Thankfully the others in the hall didn't seem to mind, and she did try her best to make the sound discreet. She had received the flute from a boy named Gael, and ever since then she had kept the instrument hoping to one day play the flute as skillfully as the young bard. However, her meanderings were soon interrupted as someone knocked on the large guild hall doors.

Dark clothed, tall, a medium build. She had already seen the figure in the distance as the light of the setting sun illuminated the courtyard in an orange glow, but she figured that it was probably just another guild member coming home, or perhaps just finished a mission posting. It surprised her that the man didn't just open the magical doors. Surely he was a guild member too right?

The paladin stood up as she placed the flute back into a small pouch. It didn't take her long to get out of the small alcove meant for the door guards which had a decent view of the courtyard beyond their doors. Making her way to the large doors, she lightly pulled on them; it was enough to trigger the magic in the doors to let them open. There stood before her was the dark clothed man, the orange glow of the setting sun tinting his skin, though it was still easy to tell that he was pale.

The knight furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you alright?" She asked, worried about the man's complexion.   

Linwelin

Vladimir watched the doors open automatically, a little bit surprised. Magically locked...well that's promising security.

Vlad smiled lightly at the question, "I have honestly asked myself that question for years." He chuckled, "Yes, I'm as well as I can be." He looked up toward her, holding her gaze to speak plainly. This allowed her to see his face more clearly, pale yet flawless, which he knew would seem odd to her at first glance. It was risky, but he learned to be upfront about himself. The past taught him that hiding never helped, and often made things worse. "I have traveled many years looking for a home, and for a while now I have heard rumor of this guild. Good rumor, that they judge character more than they discriminate the being themselves." He paused to let the full effect of the small statement sink in. "How true is this rumor?"

He studied the woman before him. Her stance was disciplined, and her gaze was straight, discerning but merciful. A very uncommon quality. He knew the answer before it was spoken, Yes, it is true. The question now is whether he was given the answer. He was sure he was already under suspicion, why wouldn't he be? He was a suspicious character. She already spotted that he was odd, and the question he posed already told her he was unwelcome elsewhere. My fate is in your hands. Do as you will. I know trust is not so easily won.

He held his gaze, his luminous green eyes staring expectantly back at the woman. Though the gaze was hardened, there was a very subtle pleading look. I am tired. That is all that it said.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the person before her looked up towards her, Annia couldn't help but admire the man's flawless features. True, he was pale, but his hair was smooth, though strangely white in color. His eyes were a deep green, and it was easy to get lost in those strangely mesmerizing orbs. He had an air of nobility, though Annia wondered if that was just because of the man's features that made her think that way. Yet for all the perfectly chiseled features of the man and the lack of any sort of blemish, something looked off.

The man looked human enough, though there was something that him seem different. Annia shook her head lightly, for all she knew perhaps the man had some blood of a foreign race running through his veins. Or perhaps the man had went through some mystical and life-changing event. Annia almost smiled as she came to realize that out-of-the-ordinary things like that was almost a common-place among her guild members. A fact that she had started learning slowly the more she got to know the myriad of individuals who were part of the guild.

"I have traveled many years looking for a home, and for a while now I have heard rumor of this guild. Good rumor, that they judge character more than they discriminate the being themselves. How true is this rumor?"

The man had paused then, as their eyes met and locked. Annia couldn't help but notice that wearied look in his eyes.

"The guild has some of the strangest people you'll ever meet." Annia said chuckling softly. "Come, and perhaps you can tell me your story."

Annia didn't think it was any breach of security even though the stranger before them was new. She knew the guild's defenses had its own eyes. With that she pulled on the doors a bit more, and they started to swing wide opened. But as she did so, she couldn't help but have a nagging feeling that it wasn't something she was supposed to do.

She turned her back towards the man, moving to the side a bit so he could look inside. She glanced back as she looked closely at him again, admiring the man's blemish-free features. She couldn't help it as her curiosity got the better of her manners as she asked a an inquisitive and almost personal question.

"You're not human are you?"

[spoiler=Open/close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/nENxxE7amjA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir was relieved at the mention of other strange people at home here, smiling lightly. Things are going smoothly.

Then she asked the question, the one that doomed him every time. Well If I'm thrown out here, so be it, still better than lying and being found out later.

Vlad took a moment to think of how to answer. "I can't decide if I am, or not. All I know is I was. That was around 80 years ago. I've been...changed. The details aren't easy to say, but it's akin to a magical disease. As for how I've changed, well..." Here we go, sink or swim. "It's very similar to vampirism." He shuddered at the statement, and felt she would do the same.

"Before you outright deny me, I will explain. I'm what you would call Methselan. Yes, THAT Methuselan. The one sought after by mages eveywhere for the secret of eternal life, the one condemned as a demon. However, those rumors are brought about by the fears of the ignorant. I bear no malice, and am in complete control of myself. Blood does not drive my actions, however I do need it to survive. This is the truth." He stared sternly at her, determined, yet obviously nervous. "Take it as you will, but I guarantee I bear no ill will. I am still the me of 80 years past. I am still human at heart, even if the same is not true for my body."

"I have come here for sanctuary, and to be of use. Hiding from the world for myself is not something I could do."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

His response was not something that Annia expected. And as she listened to his words, her open innocent curiosity to what he was slowly turned into sneaking suspicion. She couldn't help but bring her guard up as she continued to watch him; he who had so easily revealed himself to be an undead.

He may have been pulling her strings or perhaps someone she knew put him up to the task just to see how riled up a knight could get. But his calm demeanor and surety in his eyes had Annia believing that what he said was the truth.

Methuselan. That was something that she had read before during her studies with the church, but it wasn't something that she had ever expected to encounter, much less actually talk to one. Years of tutelage was hard to shake off, and though she calmly listened, she couldn't help but feel almost vulnerable. She had heard of the stories, and getting attacked by one certaintly didn't sound so appealing. Her muscles tensed, and she could feel every warning in her head telling her that the man was dangerous. Though he seemed harmless, and his words calming, the lectures of the church and the readings she had done in the past only told her that it was simply to lure her into a false sense of security.

The moment she realized this however, she stopped. Her eyes glanced at her katana strapped to her side, within easy reach...

"Take it as you will, but I guarantee I bear no ill will. I am still the me of 80 years past. I am still human at heart, even if the same is not true for my body."

Annia sighed. It was the same emotions she had felt in the past, when she decided to leave the order of the Golden Dawn in order to keep safe her friend, Jin, the so-called "evil spirit" who lived within the sword she wore. On the outside Jin looked like a malevolent shadow whenever he chose to manifest physically, but in all the time she had known him, he had never done or suggested anything that contradicted her morals. Instead of an inherent evil, all she felt was a good heart, albeit a bit mischievious at times.

Valtean, the godess of virtue, courage, and honor, had chose not to strip her of her abilities when she chose Jin over the church. Surely there was a reason why her divine powers still worked even after leaving the Order of the Golden Dawn. She concentrated on the man, asking Valtean to show her what his intentions were. But as the seconds passed by, she felt no evil aura or emanations coming from him. His body may be "dead", but his soul and sentience wasn't evil.

There was the fact that this man who claimed to be a methuselan, came out openly. And like her katana, Jin, who had been human in the past in some different world, who now looked like something evil, perhaps the methuselan before her was something similar?

"I have come here for sanctuary, and to be of use. Hiding from the world for myself is not something I could do."

The knight couldn't agree more. She herself banished from her order, though she still wore the customary armor and bearings of a knight of the Golden Dawn. Her allegiance to the order, though not reciprocated, was still something Annia believed in. If ever one of the Golden Dawn would confront her, then she would deal with it. So be it to show the world and any around her the path that she had taken, and the allegiance she had sworn to serve.

"Even though others might call you a fool for being so open to such a thing? Hiding would have saved you a lot of potential trouble." Her words were negative. But inawardwly she approved. She knew too many people, even among guild members, who chose to stay behind facades. And this methuselan probably had the worse truth to tell.

But so be it. Better a truth to be told openly, than lies spun to mask it.

Linwelin

He could see her becoming more and more defensive as he spoke. It was expected; her eyes had darted to her sword multiple times, which was also quite expected. He could not know her thoughts, but there was no doubt of her suspicion, and her sense of danger. It's not like I'm NOT a dangerous being, I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking like that.

Vladimir guffawed at her remark, a mixed look of empathy, self-pity, and a little bit of relief upon his face. "If I were not upfront, and stayed hidden, I would be choosing lies AND madness. And from my experience, both as an onlooker and a victim of it myself, THAT is what drives the solitary to evil. No, I do not wish to hide, to fear."

Vladimir paused briefly, giving quick reflection to what had been said thus far. "I had tried it once, you know. I spent a year in hiding, knowing what I had become, not wishing to cause trouble by my very existence. It wasn't long before I began fearing myself; and when I realized that, I knew I had a choice to make. To accept my existence as it was was my first choice, for I knew there was no turning back, no way to reverse it. My other was to continue to stay in hiding, to develop my fears until I truly believed them; to accept myself as a monster. I am simply thankful that I realized I could choose how to live that early. And that I choose the choice I did."

Vladimir smiled softly as he looked back to her, "I'd rather be a fool than a monster."

It's getting harder to talk about this, too many memories I had forced myself to forget...I truly hope no more detail is needed. No, I couldn't even speak of it if I wanted to...too gruesome...

All Vladimir hoped for now was acceptance. And rest.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas could feel the could night air rush past him into the guild hall. He enjoyed these moments he was free to daydream and not always worry about the othe guild members. The next gale however pulled him free of his musings of that woman he had met so long ago and into the present. Annia a seasoned member of the guild and someone whom Kryas had only dealt with a handful of times since his first few weeks of the guild was standing with one of the front doors open. He couldn't make out who she was talking to from his corner by the stares but he could tell she was tense not angry or afraid just tense, and that made him curious. "I wonder what could have enthralled her so?" he questioned as he began to stand in an attempt to  stand craning slightly to see around here. Then he saw it a long strand of silver almost pale blue hair. His heart skipped a beat.

"Could it really be this easy?" he mumbled to himself hurriedly as he attmpted to move across the room as quickly as he could without seeming as eager as he felt.

Annia what you doing holding the door open so long if it's a guest isn't it good hopitality to let them in out of the cold? He smiled his signature grin at the newcomer only to be disappointed. It wasn't her. He sighed inwardly "Goddess! he should have known better then to get his hopes up like that!"
Still he thought turning to really look upon the man at the door, "He is quite interesting maybe a different type opportunity has come knocking on our door a new ally perhaps?" Kryas found that his curiosity was getting the better of him as it normally did and he had learned to trust it.

"Come in! you must be exhausted"  He grabbed the man's hand quickly only to recoil. "your freezing i'm suprised your standing and not dead on the doorstep." Kryas said automatically in caretaker mode  quickly grabs him full force by the sholder and arm sweeping him inside and next to the still warm hearth into his empty seat. Finally he through his had and jacket over the man before passing him his previously untouched warm apple cider.
"Drink it" he commanded before grabbing chairs for both Annia and himself.

Linwelin

Vladimir felt...well, flabbergasted. Only moments before he was under a semi-hostile suspicion, and now, in a surprising turn of events, he had been swept into the building by an unknown, jovial half-elf and ordered to drink. And drink he did, as he WAS as cold as this newcomer had accused him. After taking a few large gulps, put down the drink, which he now knew to be cider, and turned to the man.

He was so taken by surprise, and so comforted by the warmth of the drink and indoors, that he had forgot his situation. Vladimir visibly went from being relaxed to guarded as he met the man's eyes, "Though I truly appreciate the hospitality, I'm going to let you know now that you may be a little TOO trusting in a new face." Vlad chuckled it off, but was obviously still tense. "It hasn't been decided if I'm even allowed to be in here."

And yet in here he was. The guildhall was quite a structure, full of warmth, laughter, and song. Which as he watched on, refreshed by the environment, a creeping feeling of seclusion developed. Why should I come in here? I'll only ruin the mood, just like all the other times. Even at the door I was met with hostility, and that was my best chance! Vlad's stance was going from thinking they wouldn't want him there, to he didn't want himself there. For their sake, and the sake of their brotherhood, he shouldn't be here.

But that wasn't right either. He would become his own worst enemy if he continued to feel that way. The same way others felt about him. Why believe their insistent statements that he was a monster, a being that didn't belong in society. He wasn't! I'm not a monster! I'm human!...But I'm not human...Ugh, I don't even know what I want any more! No one had ever truly been kind to Vlad. At least not once they knew more of him. And this kindness, this very situation, scared him. Because too many times already had similar situations of hospitality turned to hatred and disgust. It was turmoil, chaos, and he was just along for the ride.

Vlad rested his head in one hand, lifting the mug up to his mouth once more to drink. It was good. He wished that good feeling lasted longer with every sip. I'll just be chased out any moment, may as well enjoy what fate has given me...I never did get her answer after all...any moment now...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"Maybe its fate. You being here." He said smiling warmly in attempt to put the other man at ease. Looking to Annia for a moment then turning back to the pale stranger he lifted his left had revealing a gossamer crimson thread looped around his right pinky finger and connecting to a similar loop oon the same finger of the strangers hand. Kryas had done it between all three people without the others noticing.

"They say in my homeland that even the briefest of encounters are to be cherished because they have the power to change transform all involved simply by occurring. So now your connected to this place and us whether you like it or not so why not take a little break. he said placing a hand on the man shoulder pushing him further into his seat. " Even lost souls become tired and need rest."

What's your name? Kryas tongue and voice with thick with bardic power meant to lull and comfort the poor man's soul and relax away from being a wounded dog in the corner. As well as ease Annia's innate suspicions.

Linwelin

Smooth talker...I'll have to be careful of this one...but he IS right, I already told myself to enjoy the peace and company while I had it.

Vladimir smiles softly, "My name is Vladimir Ludwik. I've been traveling the world, looking for a place where I can both settle down and...be accepted." He pauses momentarily, "I am not what you would call a normal being." He looked to the woman momentarily before turning his attention back to the man. "What is your name...friend."

"And how DID you get this on all of our fingers so suddenly?" Vladimir exclaimed in confusion. He was by no means at ease, but at least loathed himself a bit less. It had been a long time since he had had the chance to converse with others, and he had forgotten how enjoyable it could be.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"Normal is a relative term and means the same thing as boring in my book." He scoffed waving of the word as if it was a bad smell.

My name is Kryas friend, Kryas Windsel. Nice to meet you Vlad.
" Kras reached out his hand kindly to show both friendship and his lack of fear in the face of the man. Hopefully that would instil even a little more self confidence for his new companion. He had a plan now a goal in mind now he just had to make sure the conversation went the way he wanted.

As for how I did that little trick No one should underestimate the craftiness of a Bard espically this one if they know what is good for them" Kryas laughed the last remark covering playing off what he said and making fun of it. Kryas' arm continues to be outstretched in acceptance.

"So what are your plans Vlad now that you've made it to our humble home?"

Throndir

Listening to the conversation with interest, Annia also took the offered seat. Like the bard, she too grabbed one of the mugs of apple cider which had been previously prepared. The warmth she felt was pleasing, the season was starting to get colder, and being out in the small lookout post near the guild hall's door, though not entirely bitingly cold since it was still indoors, still wasn't as warm as the hearth they sat near.

When Vladimir introduced himself, she chose not to reveal that he was a methuselan. She could tell that Vladimir was taken by surprise by Kryas' friendliness. She had encountered him before multiple times, and she knew that Kryas had a certain way with words.

"You will probably be welcomed here." She said reaffirming what Kryas had just spoken. "The guild has been a refuge for myself, and it always had been a safe haven for those who are otherwise unwelcomed. You told me before that mages sought after you? I haven't dealt as often as I would have liked with those who used arcane, but I know some can be persistent."

She knew very well that Kryas was still perhaps unaware of Vladimir's origins. Her question was vague enough that it could easily be misunderstood that Vladimir had mages hunting for him, but not necessarily that he was a methuselan. She herself was curious to see Vladimir's actions.

Linwelin

Vladimir took his hand, but the question took him by surprise, "I...don't know. I hadn't thought I would be accepted. I still don't really think I am. Kryas, I appreciate what you've done, it has been many years since I've felt such happiness. But I truly don't believe you understand what I mean."

"I am extraordinary in one of the worst senses, I carry a stigma with my very existence. I don't feel comfortable talking details here, for reasons milady knight here understands well. So much so that I fear for my life. Not because I don't trust you, but because I - I don't trust the reactions of people. Decades have taught me this fear, and it's not something I can overcome so quickly."
Vladimir realizes he's getting somewhat carried away, and takes a deep breath. His decided emotions have not changed, however. "It's not something I can rush."

"And as for the mages...well...in a sense, they've already won, they're just trying to collect their prize. That probability of acceptance is the same kind of probability that torments me." Vladimir steadies himself yet again. His resistance to their comforts can only be attributed to one thing; he needed to be sure, one-hundred percent so, that being here would not lead to being stabbed in the back. Both figuratively and literally. He had received both on countless occasions when his guard was down. In a half smile that fades as soon as he finishes speaking, Vlad says, "It seems my fears have caught up with me much more than I'd thought."

Vladimir goes silent, still shaken Not by anything in particular, simply shocked. I don't know what to do...how can they trust me if I don't trust myself, nor my decisions...things are falling apart...I'm falling apart...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Holding him firmly Kryas let out a soft sigh. He had not shared much about his path with anyone and now he was going to say far more then he was comfortable with. "Goddess may my words reach his heart" he silently prayed. hoping that he could weave his magic in an intricate pattern with his words, Pulling out the ornately carved aquamarine colored crystal pendant he always wore against his skin.

Vlad look at this will you? This pendant is extremely special to me and my people it is the symbol of our goddess and also a reminder of her story.
Once upon a time there  was a death god who terrorized the land. He spread plagues, caused war, and sated the earth everywhere  he went. A demon among men who feed off of misery and negative to grow in form and power. The people weeped and tried everything from curses to worship to stop his rampage yet nothing seemed to quench his rage. That was until a strange sorceress appeared as if out of now where and did battle with the god. They battled for days across the landscape until the woman got an upper hand on the god besting him in a forest. However she did not kill him as the death god had expected and wished. Instead she shed tears for his pain saying that she only acted because she could feel his suffering was from such a great distance.

Her emotions moved the death god and he found he had fallen in love with her during their time together battling. Dumbfounded by this development his anger was completely gone. For a time the pair lived together happily together in that grove away from the rest of the world. However word of the pair's power had spread to far and eventually attackers came hoping to best them in a close minded hope of fame and glory. The battles ragged for months as the pair kept winning more assailants appeared. While the man was a god and thus could not tire the woman was not so lucky. She would die on the day of the final battle in front of everyone protecting her lover to the end and took all the attackers with her. The death god quickly whisked her back to their home in the grove crying with grief over her form. The bond the two hasd was to strong to be broken however and a miracle was formed. The tree that had been their bed transformed her as she give her last breath into crystal where she lives eternal and her mate ever protects her from deep within the ground vowing to never be apart from her.

So you see that this pendent is proof that it isn't who or what you are that matters. As long as you can find something or someone to live for then you can face anything.

So why not spend the night and see where the red string of fate leads you in the morning? You can use the spare bed in my room if you wish.