As the wind changes

Started by Mysticsage, February 24, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Kryas blanched at the beast of a man respones to his masterfully constructed attempts to either make Golas back down and leave, or to throw a punch but he would not let it register on his face. To be perfectly honest he was starting to feel bad for the guy. While he was a brute he did not seem as nearly as threatening as he appeared a nuisance maybe, but he didn't seem really capable of hurting someone. The more Kryas thought about the situation the more he wanted to try and switch tactics. If he could win this person over even in a lie to begin with he might be able to mold this blank slate into something rather interesting. Now all he need was something to change things around if not now then later for certain.

" I 'd like you to leave the poor lady be Golas and either sit without causing trouble or leave." Kryas said with as much force he could with far less battle ready emotion. Hopefully if a deadly aura would not work then a more even yet absolute tone of authority and immovable  might would work. Kryas pushed himself from his normal height just above six foot to make sure he maintain his opposition.

Intimidate: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]

Hasabushi

Ludar was tried, exhausted well beyond fatigue but, it wasn't sleep that called him as much as it was a good stiff drink. Entering the tavern he thought nothing of the almost dead quite of the place, he didn't linger on the fact that the hulk of man known as Golas was staring down a rather inpertient whelp, no all he wanted was that drink. It was the bartender that irritated the dwarf now, The cleric stood firmly in front of the bar, but no eye contact was made. He turned to where the barkeep was looking. Two figures one greatly dwarfed by the other starred each other down, whoever it was that had he iron balls to start a fight with Golas the Large, was either purely insane or craftily smart. Ludar voted for the former.

After a moment Ludar noticed Kin a familiar member of the Guild, starring intently almost gleefully at the ruckus that was about to in-sue. He grabbed a drink from a passing barmaid, and sat promptly down near Kin, "I should have known that you would have something to do with this..."

Linwelin

Kin turns with almost a pouting face, which quickly went back to grinning, "Hey, the guy wanted a challenge to prove his skill, so I gave him one. He chose Golas himself, and is holding himself quite well. I'm both entertained and impressed!" Kin downs the rest of his mead. "You see, that newbie is a bard. By his own words, his skill of merit is speechcraft. So I told him to make someone think he was an expert fighter, bluffing and all that jazz. He's had a couple misspeaks, so it's not done yet, but he's managed some nice intimidation. Now I just hope he doesn't get killed." Kin breaks into a fit of chuckling. "You'll just have to start relaxing a bit later, Ludar."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Ludar laughed barely choking back his drink, "If he survives this, he'll survive anything." The starring contest continued between the two duelists, dueling with words was a dangerous game, even if the newcomer was a bard, a wordsmith. It was never wise to contend with a barbarian, even one as "civilized" as Golas, if that word could be applied to the oaf. The cleric sighed, "If this goes south we should probably intervene.",he sad with a wry grin.

Linwelin

Kin blinks a couple times at the sudden realization that the new bard may actually die if he pisses Golas off enough. "Ah, yes...well...you're probably right about that. Got lost in the fun of it all." He grins, "Bad habit."

Kin then turned his attention back to the boasting bard, seeing a rather tense stare-down commencing. Pride and all considered, I see why he made the choice. But Kryas, why, oh why, did you pick the biggest barbarian we've got to intimidate... To steady himself, Kin downs a good portion of his pint. Here's to hoping I didn't make a biiiiiig mistake...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The meanderings of both Ludar and Kin soon saw fruition, as Golas stood up imposingly as he looked at the bard in the eye.

"Bah! You've got some nerve, its enough to spoil the drink." The large man turned towards the others in his group. "Come lads, the man apparently doesn't want trash like us around here!" He smashed his mug hard on the table; spilling some of its contents on both himself and the people around him. He muttered something incomprehensible as he picked it up and stormed away.

"Words! Bah! Next time, come at me with your fists!" The group with him had followed, though usually Golas would exit laughing maniacally, this time, his mood too sour, only thought about heading to the next tavern over.

The doors of the guild hall slammed shut as Golas left the building.