As the wind changes

Started by Mysticsage, February 24, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Kryas felt the wind shift around him as he looked up at the building that was too be his new home for the time being. A large tapestry over the entrance and sounds of boisterous life telling him he had found the right place. The famed guild of Glas'nor stood in front of him inviting anyone who wished for excitement to enter it's halls. He was hoping this wasn't going to be as boring as the last place he had stayed it had rarly held his attention long enough to even get out of bed in the morning. He had heard rumors of the motley crew that had formed around this place and had immediately wanted to give it a chance. He was sure the his knowledge of obscure magic and lore might come in handy once he joined and he might just be able to turn a few heads while he was at it.

He smirked to himself as he walked through the main entryway smelling of cherry blossoms and rain. his few belongings shoved into a large rucksack with odds and ends sticking out of random places. He glided past those in what was obviously a tavern area some were drinking, others laughing, all seem to be living life well. he saw any open seat at the bar between a couple of people nursing drinks he shifted quitly into the spot. This was always the worst part introductions and while he was good with words by trade he always had to be carful of those who may be offended by his sharp tongue and mixed blood. putting on his best smile he leaned over to someone next to him.

"Hi there friend I'm new here and was wondering how one gets involved in the guild" Kryas was careful to allow just a little bit of his power to ease any uncertainty that the person might have about striking up a conversation.

Linwelin

Kin gave the newcomer a suspicious stare, ending in a smirk. "Well you're already involved, you walked through the door, didn't you?" He pauses to take a swig of his mead. "What remains to be seen is HOW you wish to be involved. From the look of you, I doubt you're trying to pick a fight. Which is a good choice, I might add. You wouldn't be happy with the result."

Kin stares him down some more, looking at how he carries himself. Without even waiting for a response, he makes an immediate assumption, and runs with it. "No, no, you want to JOIN! A'right then, let's see if we can get this settled."

The halfling turns and shouts throughout the hall. "HEY! ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE GUILD HEAD IS AT!? GOT OURSELVES A NEW APPLICANT HERE!" Everyone looks back at Kin, most of them rolling their eyes as the halfling waits for an answer. From the eyerolls and mutters, it's obvious that Kin does this kind of thing often. Too often. Even more obvious is that Kin really doesn't care what they think, only that he gets what he wants. Taking another swig of his mead, he turns back to the newcomer. "So, what're you offering to bring to the guild, anyways? What can you do?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas looked over thoughtfully at the Hafling that sat beside him. He seemed to hold himself differently then most Halflings he had run into in the past unsure how much he was willing to divulge. He finally decided on something simple he did not want to give anyone the wrong impression so soon after arriving. "I suppose who could consider me a wordsmith of sorts." he said with a soft chuckle to himself and waving down the barman for a drink. He asked for a cup of tea before turning back to the conversation.
I'm a traveling bard by trade you see" he said shaking the bag on his shoulder which let out a number of musical notes for emphasis. That statement was not a lie he was a traveling bard, but it was not entirely the truth either. He had learned to keep some of his more strange quarks to himself during times like these at least until he was further intrenched in the guild. He took a sip of his tea before grimacing at the taste it was like boiled socks.

He set the cup back down quickly making a mental note that he would have to do something to remedy that later. Then he realized he had actually forgotten to introduce himself. Sticking out his hand and with a toothy grin he said " You can call me Kryas by the way I believe I forgot to introduce myself earlier."

Linwelin

"Kryas the bard, huh? The name's Kin, a swordsman of sorts." He grins at the thought of leaving it as just 'swordsman', accepting the handshake. "Nice to meet ya!"

Kin then mulls over a thought for a bit before speaking again, "Well I hope you're trained in more than just music if you want to get anything out of this guild, let alone join it. That is, unless you want to be like those two." He hikes his thumb behind him to point at two drunken revelers dancing and singing on top of a center table. "The more the merrier, I guess." Then his eyes light up, "Or if you're any good with a sword I could test your mettle!" Some guild members nearby groan, one of which, a burly dwarf, steps up and grins in a rather discouraging manner, "I wouln'eh do tha', lad. This un likes 'is swordplay a bit too much. Na' worth the trouble." Kin gives him a half joking, half threatening glare, "Oh shove it, Dirk, You're just sore about the whole thing because I broke your axe at the haft when you tried me!" Dirk gives a grunt, with a sneer, "Tha' was mah fav'rite practice axe, too, ya blasted runt!" He then turns back to Kryas, "Anyways, dun bother with this un. Ye'll regret it." Dirk then saunters back to his seat, his buddies laughing at the exchange.

"Well, he may be right about that, you don't look like much of a swordsman...ooo, maybe magic!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"I might know the odd spell or two although nothing really capable of holding its own in a direct fight." Kryas said acting slightly embarrassed. His battle magic on its own was pathetic but he was creative and had a large bank of knowledge to draw on that could make him far more deadly then he would otherwise appear. He watched Kin for a moment gauging his situation. This man was obviously well known amongst the guild based off how he could see most of the people in the room were watching their transaction even if they were pretending to be minding their own business. He had to admit this man did have a certain charisma about him and Kryas knew that if he could get this one on his said he would defiantly be except and remained entertained.

He had to think fast if he did something to strange he could be thrown out, but if he allowed himself to be beaten without even putting up a fight he'd be seen as a weakling.   Then he got a stroke of inspiration. "If you really want to test my skill then please by all means Kin why don't you or one of your compatriots here suggest a challenge for me."

"All I  ask is that you stay from those things that would involve pure strength." He joked wryly.

Linwelin

Kin thinks for a bit, some of his thoughts ending up out loud. "Well I know bards love their words...and persuasion certainly has its merits in the guild...maybe I can test your speechcraft." Kin focuses back on Kryas, "Would that work?" It's obvious Kin has something in mind if it's a yes, as his eyes have a slight shine to them.

"Honestly, though, where is that guildmaster? He can jugde a man's character and potential with just a look...which is a lot more efficient." Then Kin smirks, "Then again, that's a lot less fun. And I was getting bored! So what'll it be?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Sounds intresting!" Said Kryas with a twinkle in his eye. He knew better than most the power the spoken word held. For those like him who truealy used that power to the fullest even the very fabric of reality would bend itself in compliance. He was no where near that level mind you, but what he lacked in practice he made up for with creativity and quick thinking. He could feel his pulse quicken at the prospect of being able to use his wealth of knowledge, and obsession with things that were unique or obscure. Kryas had to take a breath if he got to excited now things would no doubt end badly. He would have all the time in the world later to show off and indulge later, but for now it was key to keep his head clear.
" If that is how you wish to judge my worth then by all means do your worst my friend!" Kryas almost could not contain his excitement, "Now tell me Kin, what is your challenge?"

Linwelin

Kin grins as he prepares to divulge his plan, "Well, even if you are not one for fighting, there is no doubt that you will be threatened with combat while on the job here. Sometimes, you can avoid a fight by intimidation." Kin pauses for a moment to let his point sink in. "Mind you, I wouldn't use such a tactic, as I relish the thought of a good fight. But you will need it."

He then looks expectantly at Kryas. "Prove you can talk your way into a superior position without any force. I want you to go up to someone in the room and convince them that your are an expert fencer. Preferably not a fighting type, as they'll be able to tell from how you hold yourself. If you don't think you can manage fencing, then choose some other topic you're knowledgeable of that your build allows for. Just be intimidating and bluff their doubts away!"

Kin then give a slight grunt, "If you can't manage it, then only the guildmaster will be able to decide. But if you succeed, you'll have my recommendation!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"Ha Ha, sounds interesting!" exclaimed Kryas turning his gaze among the crowd "It be unfair if I picked someone who was already easily fooled or controllable." Looking at the crowd carefully looking for someone who was neither so skilled that they would be willing to fight right as soon as he asked or turn him down immediately. He needed to be careful who he chose for his plan to work he would have to win he'd have to have complete control of the situation from the very beginning.
The best would be someone easy to approach the sooner they were talking comfortably the sooner he could lull them into a sense of confidence and then quickly change the tempo sending them reeling straight into his web. He couldn't change his appearance either there were too many on lookers to get away with a well placed illusion to carry the grunt work of the lie. His stature also left something to desire even though he was only half elf he had none of the telltale signs of swordsmanship. He would have to use one of his specialty tactics even if it did risk exposing the others to something they might distrust him for later.Grabbing a couple spools of the thread like wire he used to restring his instruments, he walked over to a loud bunch of young looking men ogling loudly over a female witch in the corner who seemed to be trying her best to ignore the display. They didn't seem to drunk but they displayed just enough judgement impairment to be snared in his trap. If he singled out the one he assumed to be the leader by his physique and worst behavior he new his pride wouldn't let him back out of the challenge.

Laying his hand on the brute of a human's shoulder to get the man's attention he smiled a Cheshire like grin before saying "Hi there friend my name's Kryas what's yours?"

Throndir

The large man raised an eyebrow as he noticed the hand that was on his shoulder. Tracing his eyes up the arm and ending up staring up at Kryas before him, the man's bushy eyebrows, square-set jaw, and mass of short curled hair was easily seen. He grinned wide as he flashed his teeth which seemed to match the man's large and muscular physique.

"Golas! Golas Rorn. Handsomest and strongest among these men!" The proclamation met with some disdainful hmph from his companions around him. "Of course only second in beauty compared to the missy." He roared with laughter as he winked at the lady, who wore the pointed hat, that they surrounded. After he had calmed he drunk another long swig of the mug in his hands, then focused his attention on Kryas.

"Haven't seen you here before! You were talking to our mini-man just a moment ago weren't ya? Not that I have anything against Kin, but any warrior worth his salt should have some of these!" He proclaimed as he flexed his arms shortly after, tightening them, and showing off his biceps.

Mysticsage

"Well Golas, it's good meeting ya" said Kryas making a slight face at the taste of the guy's name in his mouth, "But I really must ask you leave the lady be, I can hardly stand the stench of you being this close let alone what she must be feeling having you drool all over her." Said Kryas allowing some of his elven born snobbishness to roll on to his face with a slight bit of disgust for a moment before shifting back to his slightly unneriving cat like smile. His eyes however maintained the look of a predator as he scanned the man's face for a reaction. he was prepared for the man to respond with force and had chosen to stand in such a way that he could side step any incoming attack all the while gripping the spools of thread tightly.

Intimidation:[1d20+4] 20 = 20 + 4 = 24

Linwelin

Kin watches on, impressed by the bard's skill. And of all people, he picked Golas. "There's a reason why no one's been able to get him to rid us of the stench." He mutters to himself. There are some supportive nods to either side of Kin, but the faces were not worried. And Kin knew why. "That that newbie could conjure up an intimidating aura like that is something else. If I hadn't met him when he wasn't bluffing, I'd have fell for it too. And backed off."

"Now all that's left to be seen is if that smelly oaf can manage to call a bluff like that. He's not so stupid as to overlook a dangerous aura like that."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The man's mirth quickly disappeared as the large man swiveled his chair making it so that he was now facing Kryas. The light in his eyes just moments before filled with merriment and laughter was no longer there. Instead it was replaced by an almost blank expression, a hard tone in the way the light shown off his grey eyes. The other men around him chuckled, but quickly went back to their own chatting and drinking paying neither Kryas or Golas any more attention.

When Golas finally spoke, he spoke in even and measured tones.

"Now, now lad. You don't go around with such sharp words in your mouth especially to a fellow guild member." His voice was devoid of any evident emotion. And as he finished, he stood up rising to his full height as he stared Kryas.

Mysticsage

Kryas meet Golas gaze evenly with his mask like smile never faltering. He allowed a slight bit of his fake killing intent to seep out he knew that any fighter worth their salt could read a threat with that alone. Taking a step back he took a step back and gave a deep bow at the waist "My apologies dear friend I believe I have insulted you and for that I am sorry about that but you see i can not stop myself when i see trash surrounding flowers it just makes my blood boil." Krayas eyes never left his opponents even in the process of bowing. while everyone was focused on the spectacle he had created he began freeing the gossamer wire he had brought with him from their spools and looping it around his fingers preparing to defend himself for what came next.

with his work quickly done he broke from his deep stance in a flash and appeared again only inches away from the giant. looking up with a deadly glare he made an exaggerated motion of giving him a brotherly hug before allowing his full killing intent to be released. His grin never changing he said "Now dear brother, as I am not yet in the guild i wish not that we fight however, if you still refuse to leave hear and clear or head then you leave me no choice but to take the trash out myself and teach you the way a lady should be treated even if i have to beat it into your head."

Kryas was careful with this last statement he was poised to dodge if the man tried to grapple him. He had positioned himself to have the side of a chair between them so that he should have just enough room to slip away
"If you do choose the latter option Golas i must worn you it will mean more then simple hurt pride."  Kryas at this point was oozing what he could of killing intent to bring his point home at this point the next step was out of his hands.

Intimidation: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]

Throndir

"Was is it you're truly after lad?"

QuoteAccidentally deleted this post, Oops.