A Mission Posting

Started by Throndir, December 12, 2012, 06:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteJust a quick short RP to get Tsunkai into a mission.

Buying the holy waters wasn't so difficult. After she had left the compounds of the guild, she immediately went to nearby stores. Annia hadn't been to either of the stores, but she was glad that both of them had flasks of holy water that they sold. Divine Interventions and Alaenoria's Herbal and Magical Emporium had interesting shopkeepers, and though the knight focused more on divinely things, the various potions the latter's store sold would be something to keep in mind for future missions. As she continued walking back towards the guild, she thought about the reason why she had bought the flasks in the first place; vampires.

Creatures of the night, draining blood, and force of pure evil, as the stories told of. Annia was lost in her meanderings, amazed and awed that she might very well get to meet one. The mission posting she had read didn't seem to point to anything altogether dangerous, but the flasks of holy water couldn't do any harm either. Pushing the doors of the guild, Annia walked in, completely lost in her own thoughts.

Her mind full of dark caves, bats, and blood, she was too distracted to see the person who was in front of her. She had walked in a brisk pace, and before she knew it, she bumped into the person.

Burdenking

Tsunkai had gathered dozens of mission notices, all of which were useless to her. All she knew of them was that they were made of paper, rather thick paper a that. She usually would get her jobs from the town crier, but the man had become sick, leaving her no as to obtain missions. So in order to keep working, and food in her stomach, she swallowed her pride and came to the guild to have someone read her the notices, hating the fact of how weak it made her appear.

Her hands busy carrying a stack of papers, Tsunkai approached the guilds door, running on memory o how much time her foot had to lift and move before coming back down. When she made it to the top, she balanced the stack of papers in one hand and reach for the door with the other. Suddenly, the door shot open, barely missing her face. She would have said something, but the sudden pact of another person stopped her words and sent her back down the stairs, the papers flying up Ito the air and Her bum hitting the hard stone rather hard. She winced a bit, but his the pain quickly . She then looked in the direction of where she had been bumped, which ended up being around a foot to the left of Annia. " hey, why did you push me?" She asked, assuming the person just wanted her out of the way, and pushed her to do it. Tsunkai could hear the papers fluttering down, and she got up to try and gather them.

Throndir

Though her armor had protected her, the weight giving her more stability, the person Annia bumped into, did not have that same luxury. The papers flew into the air as Annia gained back her bearings. She was quick enough to at least fumble for one of the papers that had flown, but though she had wished to, she wasn't able to catch any of them.

"Forgive me for running into you. I didn't mean to push. I-I wasn't looking where I was going and it just happened!" Annia stammered as she hurriedly bent down to help the person pick up the paper. As she did so, she recognized that the loose papers were mission postings. Various sizes and shapes that were once attached to the mission board.

"Mission postings? Annia asked as she picked up her third paper examining it, meaning to give them back to person. As she turned to get a good look at her, Annia realized her strange blueish grey tint of skin. She stared for a moment in silence, her interest in the mission postings quickly switching to the woman in front of her. Annia didn't know who or what she was, though she did notice the guild emblem that was displayed on the back of her clothing.

Burdenking

Tsunkai heared the woman attempt to apologize, making her frown as she realized how her initial thoughts of the woman were false. She didn't realize she was being state at, having bent down to her knees and feeling around for papers. She was quick at find them, using her tail, which was around three feet long with a barbed end at the tip, like a devils, to swing around and cause air to move the papers so she could hear them.

Her horns stuck out on the top of her head, poking through the leather wrapping on her head that covered her eyes. They weren't much use in this aspect, except for when she accidentally stabbed through a paper due to her quick movements. She quickly grabbed it and placed it in a pile. She head the woman had stopped helping, silence coming from her " maem, I know my appearance is apparently hideous to those who see, but staring is rude, especially when you do it to those who can not return the favor." She said, sitting up and staring towards where she though Annia was, reach ended up being a foot to the right.

Throndir

The knight spread her palms, as she stared wide-eyed at the person before her. But at the woman's words, flustered, Annia had looked down to the ground. Immediately she started to help gather the fallen papers. Annia had just realized that the woman was blind as well.

"It's not hideous, just... different." Annia spoke, she continued quickly right after. "Which isn't a necessarily bad thing, if you can believe it, almost one out of every three or four people who walk through these gates are all... unique in some way or the other."

She moved to hand back the papers she had gathered. Only then did she realize that the top-most mission posting she had picked up was indeed the one about the vampires she had read earlier.

"Pray tell what are you going to do with all of these?"

Burdenking

Tsunkai adjusted her line of sight to where Annia's voice came from, staring right at her. She hesitated in answering, then sighed " I was...going to ask someone to read them to me." She said a bit quietly, looking a bit ashamed " because I can't listen to the crier..." She said, picking up two sheets and leaving three more on the ground. She began to search for them. " though, I know no one who would help me here." She said to Annia, noticing she had picked up a couple more.

Throndir

"I'm off to go on a mission myself shortly. You actually have the mission posting." Annia replied as she held up the paper for her to see. She realized her mistake a moment after however as she instead began to read the contents. She cleared her throat.

"We implore the Guild of Galas'nor to help us in our plight. Our lands are lorded over two vampires; Lady of Red Flowers and the Crimson Count. They have turned our village into their own personal battlefields, and we are offering a substantial reward to any who would be willing to negotiate with the two, to move their conflict elsewhere. Signed by, Town of Night, Nattheim"

Burdenking

Tsunkai listened to the woman as she read the mission. She liked the sound of it, especially the money " it sounds like a good mission, and you say your going to join?" She asked, picking up the last paper and standing up with them. She entertained the idea of joining a team, as she mostly just did missions on her own.

Throndir

"Yes, though I don't know who else plans to. There's always so many mission postings. But I suspect we'll find out soon enough who the rest of the gang will be." She reached out her hand towards the woman, but a moment later she drew it back shaking her head, forgetting again that the person could not see.

"My name is Annia, and what would yours be?"

Burdenking

The tiefling was quiet for a second, seeming shocked by the girls interst in her " Uh, Tsunkai." She said, balancing the papers in one hand as she offered her hand to try and shake Annia's hand, though it was presented in an odd way that showed she had no idea what she was doing.

Throndir

Seeing the awkward reach, Annia casually grasped the proffered hand. She shook firmly.

"Then, Tsunkai, let's travel together." She smiled, though she knew that the blind girl probably wouldn't have been able to see it - Annia couldn't help it, traveling with other guild members have always been something welcoming to the knight. More than that though, the tiefling sparked an interest in Annia, true there were other tieflings in the guild, but this would mark the first trip with one.

Burdenking

Tsunkai kept a neutral expression, not really used to displaying her features. Her tone though, had a interested and happy tone to it under the calm and collected words. " I'd be happy to work with you Miss Annia." She said, shaking Annia hand. She the. Placed the pile of papers down near the guilds door for someone to pick up " let's be off then." She said, turning to leave the city by memory.