Tsunkai, beginnings

Started by Burden king, November 28, 2012, 11:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burdenking

Darkness covers the earth, torchlight doused and candle snuffed out as people laid upon their cots for rest after their days work, tired and exhausted from working the fields to fuel their lords wealth and power. Bitter comments and aggravated musings were left in the past, forgotten as dreams took hold of the people's minds. Not far from the collection of hovels and homes, three figures stood. One stood on the center of a stone bridge, aged with mold and dirt, the stones nearest the water worn to a smooth shine from decades of erosion. The other two stood at the precipice of the bridge closest to the village. The two held a torch, partially revealing their identities in the orange glow of mortal flames. One was a man, appearing to be aged harshly by years of work and servitude. The other was a woman, hair hidden under a hood but her soft green eyes shone with the flames, reflecting the light. she seemed to look young, but the creased brow and the sad cold eyes seemed to age her just as harshly as the mans work. Clutched in her arms, a small bundle was held, wrapped in a soft blue blanket while it's contents breathed silently.

"You came, as i knew you would." a smooth a calm voice spoke, originating from the third figure, who stood cloaked, masking all of his features save for his mouth and chin, which showed skin red as blood. two red eyes glew briefly as the bundle moved and a small whine came out, the woman tending to it with slight fear. The figure laughed " Ah, she senses my blood, how nice." the figure said, his lauph making the woman cringe a bit and the man growl.

"Enough of this," the man said, stepping forward and onto the bridge with a irritated tone in his voice " you said you could help my child, help with her curse." The man said, about to be within five feet of the man when suddenly the Cloaked man disappeared. The man stopped, and frantically looked around. A scared gasp coming from behind him. He turned and gasped, seeing the cloaked figure holding his child while his love stood near, fearful.

The cloaked man chuckled as the child played with his finger, that he had used to tease the small creature " ah yes, i did say that didn't i?" he said, making the statement sound like a question. Suddenly, with a flash and a ringing sound, a blade came from the mans sleeve and rested the edge near the woman's neck. " should i start with her? The whore who brought you into this world?" He said, then threw the blade at the feet of the man as he tried to advance " or the bastard cockroach that insults your wonderful heritage?" His voice was now a growl, his eyes glowing bright red.

The father stood there paralyzed "I-i thought you were here to help us..." he said, disbelieving in his voice.

The cloaked figure chuckled, then laughed heartily.  after awhile, he calmed himself, taking a deep breath at the end " oh but i never said that. Oh no, i said i would help your beautiful child, save her from her curse." He said, then before the man could ask another question, two blades shot out from the man cloak. One pierced the man in his forehead, stopping all speech and coherent thought. the other stabbed into the heart of the woman, piercing her lung and the important organ beneath it. As she gasped for air and blood came out the wound rapidly, she watched the cloaked man simply begin to leave, shoving past the her love callously, sending her love falling into the water and then being swept away by the current. Her vision darkened and she fell to her knees, watching as the Mysterious figure began to disappear over the bridge.

the last thing she heard was the man humming a nursery rhyme to the child, the little one not knowing what had just transpired. With all her strength, the mother leaned forward and reached out, whispering on word as she fell to the dirt lifeless.

"Tsun.....kai......"