[IC] Oglen the Ogre

Started by Throndir, November 18, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neko

Sophie was glad to see a couple of familiar faces in the group, it gave her a bit more confidence. Before everyone began their little adventure inside, Sophie blessed the party. "This should be fun~." She said with a smile.

Sophie followed directly behind Ryine. Mimic hopped from her shoulder, flying around just above her head to stretch out his wings as the group walked.

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
Ryine: 13/13,
Saendal: 6/6,
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9,
Kin Sheel: 11/11,

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (9 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

With quick survey of the room, the elf shut off his night vision in order to adjust to the light. That was one thing he missed hunting with his brothers underneath the moon, covered in a blanket of darkness. The cool air of the cavern reminded of those late nights in the forest pursuing game, to feed both friends and family. Slowly his mind drifted back to the moment at hand. While his thoughts had drifted, Kin had arrived and with his gruff speech snapped Jorn from his musings. It was time for action, dreams were for another place.

[spoiler]Pulling up the rear of the party, place me at the closet tile to the last member.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Ryine, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian, Kin Sheel

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (8 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin did just as Ryine had suggested, Stepping up to take as much of a leading position as he could. "It's like you already knew me, I'd charge in anyways. Though giving me permission makes things a lot easier than having to deal with the reactions later." He says this, trying not to admit that he actually enjoys shocking people around him. Kin's hand already rests on his sword, ready for the fight. He gives his usual, over-excited greeting to Sophie and Jorn, glad to know at least some people in the group were prepared for his "fighting style".

[spoiler]Joins the group, pulling somewhere near the front.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving deeper into the cavern, with Saendal's flickering lights leading the way (with the halfling right behind of course), as well as the thrown torch from Ryine, the caverns lit up. You each saw more of the features that made up Oglen's living space. Unlike other caverns you knew, this one was a lot more dry, and you see a path going along deeper into the caverns.

When Saendal's lights finally reached the point where those at the back could no longer see them, save for the light they provided, a resounding groan echoed through the caverns. It was almost like the sound of an ogre waking up from its peaceful slumber...

As you thought about it, it probably
was.

And everyone knew no one likes a grouchy ogre.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (7 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Oath

I ready a torch and light it, then throw it to the south-east in hopes of lighting up the cave a bit more. "Hopefully this will do the trick."

[spoiler] AC 5 throw check to 3 squares south-east [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

If miss [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 6, total 6[/blockquote] If I messed up on any numbers.. feel free to change them. [/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Well then, now that everyone's here..." Kin starts, then runs into the cave, keeping his wits about him. Thanks to Saendal's lights, his low light vision allowed him to scout further into the darkness, seeing around the bend up ahead. No matter what group, no one moves without someone leading the charge. I'm not sure about the leading, but I don't like moving slow and I like charging. Two out of three is good enough reason!

[spoiler]Kin moves to the edge on the light available, deeper into the cave.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

The Dark Elf waited for the rest to catch up and he turned towards the lights. Saendal raised his hands to eye level slowly, and with a flick of the wrists the lights gravitated over to their new destinations. The blue and green light reflected off of Saendal's rough skin as it hovered over. It entered his dark eyes, but never came out.

[spoiler]Abracadabra lights! (Move further down in the cave than the torch)[/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving deeper into the cavern, with Saendal's flickering lights leading the way (with the halfling right behind of course), as well as the thrown torch from Ryine, the caverns lit up. You each saw more of the features that made up Oglen's living space. Unlike other caverns you knew, this one was a lot more dry, and you see a path going along deeper into the caverns.

When Saendal's lights finally reached the point where those at the back could no longer see them, save for the light they provided, a resounding groan echoed through the caverns. It was almost like the sound of an ogre waking up from its peaceful slumber...

As you thought about it, it probably
was.

And everyone knew no one likes a grouchy ogre.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (7 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Oath

I decide that I should move up beside Kin, a front line should be composed of more than one person. Besides, we have some fragile people to take care of in this situation. "Don't get too far ahead of yourself, Kin! I can't let you have all the glory!"

[Spoiler] I am now in the square to the left of Kin. [/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Just try and stop me! YOOOOU gave me permission!" Kin retorts as he continues looking ahead to make sure the coast is clear. He then runs a little further ahead, continuing to scout.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neko

Sophie couldn't help but quietly giggle at the little rivalry Kin and Ryine seemed to form. She continued forward with them, being sure to stay behind the duo. She wanted to save her spells, and energy, for when they actually found the ogre "I wonder how big it is." She whispered, the loud groan making her a bit nervous.

Throndir

Not a moment later, Sophie's question was answered. Standing almost 11 ft. tall, the grey skinned ogre charged towards the group of invaders. You can tell that the creature wasn't in a good mood. After all, anyone would be pretty angry at having been woken up by bright lights, loud noises, and incessant yelling.

The ogre pulled out a wicked-looking club, and stared particularly at the nearest foe: the halfling. Oh yes, Oglen was angry indeed.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Ryine, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian, Kin Sheel

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (7 rounds),
Ryine: 13/13, bless (7 rounds),
Saendal: 6/6, bless (7 rounds),
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (7 rounds),
Kin Sheel: 11/11, bless (7 rounds),

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (6 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Well...that's something..." Kin said as he had to look almost vertically up once it was upon him. He immediately took a defensive stance, bracing for the first swing. "Guess this isn't something I get to charge..." Kin's voice wasn't scared, but instead sounded disappointed, as though he really planned to charge the ogre originally.

[spoiler]Total Defense stance taken

I believe that's +4 to AC

So 23 AC[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_