[IC] Oglen the Ogre

Started by Throndir, November 18, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The group had met up shortly before moving from the city of Ternadan. Gathering their things, they set off to hunt for the Oglen the ogre. It didn't take too long to find out where Oglen usually stroke, or where he held his lair. The locals knew where he was, but yet for some reason or another Oglen simply didn't care. Perhaps it was his stupidity, or perhaps his oblivious audacity, but, as you thought about it and the nature of ogres, it was probably a bit of both.

And before you knew it, the party found themselves heading towards Oglen's lair. The journey wasn't long or tough, and it let the group get to know each other just a bit more, or even introduce themselves if they haven't previously met. Soon enough, there they were.

Travelling through a rather apparent dirt path along the road, the party saw what looked to be some sort of cavern in the distance. From what the group had found out, this was indeed the location of ogre. Step by step they moved forward, keeping their alert on high as they neared the caverns.

It didn't take long for the group to reach their destination, and soon enough they saw themselves standing at the entrance of the cavern. With nothing but their weapons, gear, and the desire to drive out the ogre.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal had met all but one of the other journeymen. The short blonde one with the crow. Otherwise he had known the others, Ryine and Jornathel, before the mission."Is everyone ready to set off to kill, this beast which threatens the lives of many, people?"

Neko

Sophie stood at the entrance of the cavern with everyone else, her companion Mimic sitting quietly on her shoulder. He rubbed his head against hers, which brought a smile to the girls face. "Oh um..hi everyone! I'm Sophie. If you get hurt, I suppose I'll be the one fixing you up." She introduced herself. "And this here is Mimic". She said, referring to the raven on her shoulder. She began to make a mental check list, wanting to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything. Daggers? Yup. Backpack? Mhm. An ogre was something she had never fought, so she was excited to get started.

Emperor Wilbers

As Saendal was listening to the small little girl speak he composed some more thoughts. The cave was odorous and smelled profusely of rotting flesh; he would know. It does not take a village idiot to know that the cavernous excursion into the rock was inhabited by the foul beast called Oglen. The mission should be child's play; four highly skilled guild members to take down nothing but a pest of an ogre. Although, Saendal will have to become a little more familiar with the little one, Sophie, to feel assured they would make it out alive. He shall soon see.

Oath

"It is good to be working with you again, Saendal, Jornathel. Sophie, it is nice to meet you. You too, Mimic. I will be on the front lines showing Oglen who is boss." I was not too worried about this mission, the party members were competent, and our skill set diverse.

Manzokushi

He was surprised at the sight of Sophie amongst the party members, he passed her a polite nod and comforting smile. "I agree friends, let us be about this mess and be done with it. No need for such a foul creature to continue to trouble the good people of the area." This could turn out to be a relatively easy task, though Jorn was concerned of the uncertainties when dealing with a creature such as an Ogre.

Jorn prepared for the impending combat. With a smooth draw of his blade, the left hand began to move through a series of gestures, and he whispered a soft arcane phrase.

[spoiler]I am casting Mage Armor on myself. Duration 1 hour, +4 to AC[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

"I suppose we'll need light, yes? I will help us as much as I can"

[spoiler]I will cast Faerie Fire to light our way![/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]Correction! I will cast Dancing Lights to light our way! One of my "once a day" powers.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
Ryine: 13/13,
Saendal: 6/6,
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9,
Kin Sheel: 11/11,

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (10 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal smiled at his accomplishment. The cave went into a large chamber and took a left down further. "Let's head off," and with that Sanedal walked into the cave.

[spoiler]South 5 large tiles, East 5 large tiles, so I should be one tile left of Ryine.[/spoiler]

Oath

"Well then, We should get this started, better not to waste too much time" I say, as I walk through the light that Saendal has summoned.

[spoiler] I move south 5 tiles and east 5 tiles. standing almost at the edge of the light. [/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian, Kin Sheel

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
Ryine: 13/13,
Saendal: 6/6,
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9,
Kin Sheel: 11/11,

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (9 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

"Max! Come!"

[spoiler]Max will say along side me for the rest of the time until further command[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Seems I'm fashionably late this time. Kin thinks to himself as he sees the rest of the party enter the cavern. He continues running to catch up with them, and upon arriving takes his time catching his breath. "Whew! I didn't miss any of the action yet, did I?" He looks around at everyone's rather blank expressions. They were surprised, but he took it as they needed detail. "Got waylaid by a highwayman who thought he could get something off me just because I was a lone halfling. Poor fella." He shakes his head in pity. "Anyways, what's the plan? Exploration? Full-scale invasion? I hope not stealth, I'm not too good at that; and honestly, I find it very boring."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

"Hello there, Kin. Nice to meet ya. We are just going to invade this Ogre and wipe him out before he knows what hit him. You can even lead the charge if you would like." I am amused at the sight of this Halfling with a sword that is bigger than he is, but it is hard to think of something more amusing than such a tiny creature with such a large weapon charging head on into danger.