[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Moving the 'Key' from the left to the right
When you first removed the key from the indentation on the left side, the glowing chains stopped pulsating, though they still seemed to glow and hold steady. You immediately moved the fist to the right indentation. However a few seconds after doing so, the 'light beams' holding the left part of the bridge together started to fade and eventually disappeared. At the same time, the light had started to appear on the right side of the bridge. For a few seconds at least the light was on both sets of the bridge.

Linwelin

QuoteDoes this time period seem like enough time to run across? How far is the gap that the bridge is spanning?
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Found the original map I doodled! I'll be using it to determine distances as a rough estimate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8szvqttd0qf8ri9/DorganTempleMapLav.png?dl=0[/info]

Observations on Third Platform
The bridge heading to the third island was twice as long as the bridge from the first platform to the second. It was about 60 ft. Like the previous bridge, this one too was made out of various smaller obsidian platforms, each measuring about 8 ft. in width and 3 ft. in length. There was a 1 foot gap between each segment. Unlike the previous bridge, this one had a set of glowing chains that bound each piece of the segments to the rightmost brass chain that spanned the chasm. The left side of the bridge did not have these glowing chains, and the obsidian platforms simply floated in the air.

Smoke
From a distance, you hear a loud explosion sound. It was easy to pick out, and it was coming from the temple you see further onwards at the raised center-most platform. There was evidence of wisps of smoke as well starting to rise.