NeonSlim Wants His Guns Back

Started by pringerbeam, November 30, 2020, 05:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

"Spasibo choomba." Katya replied, before taking a circuitous route back to where XH and Crow were waiting.

"So that is what he tells me." she finished, after explaining where Kezz had obtained the guns. "We look now for nomads?"

pringerbeam

"Makes sense I guess... We need to figure out what family they belong to, should be easy to figure out where they're hiding after that. Come on, I think I know where we can find that out."  Says XH as he throws away the wrapper to his gyro and heads for the car. The next drive is a little longer, taking one of the bridges to leave the city center peninsula and heading east. The hyperdense megabuildings give way to the occasional skyscraper interspersed with highrises when XH pulls off to what appears to be a warehouse surrounded by heavily modded cars of all shapes and sizes. Tables have been set up and an impromptu bar seems to be slinging drinks to the nomads sporting patches from just about every local family as they stand around, mingle, front, and work on their vehicles. XH slowly drives up to another car emblazoned with the same gun toting laughing Buddha stitched onto his armorjack.
     "Welcome to the crossroads. Just about every Nomad that has to come into the city makes a stop here. Anyone make a score like we're looking for and someone here is bound to have heard about it." Explains XH as he kills the ignition. "Please don't embarrass me. Can't fuck up the family name."  He adds before getting out of his car to walk up to his family member sporting a set of bulky cyber eyes and polishing the hood of his SUV.

Asta

"Perhaps you should introduce." Katya said with a shrug.

pringerbeam

"Thud, these are some of my static friends. We're looking for some guns that got jacked." He said as he nodded back to you two. The nomad turns and sticks his rag in his pocket before crossing his arms. His cybered eyes, you assume, sweeping up and down to get a look at you. "XH... still freelancing it huh? You know, if you just worked the caravan you wouldn't need to run all over the city getting shot at just so some corpo fat ass can get his blow."  At this Thud pulls a beer out of the window of his car and cracks it open. "Okay so what do you guys want? Guns get jacked all the time. I'm gonna need some more info." XH starts to answer before Thud puts up a hand. "I wanna hear it from the statics. You brought them here. Let's see what they have to say."

Asta

"Cobalt blue Famas Mk 7 1273. Shipment stolen very recently. Some were sold to small arms dealer named Kezz.

pringerbeam

Thud took a sip of his beer before answering. "That's a pretty specific haul... Someone make a score like that and they'd probably be waving their dicks around the crossroads but I haven't heard anything. So that either means out of towners that somehow no one here has heard about or... outcasts." He said with another swig.  "My money would be on outcasts and if you want to know about outcasts, I'd talk to the Night Owls."  He says with a nod across the way to a circle of cars.  "They keep tabs on the outcasts in the area."

Asta

Katya nodded in thanks. "Let us go have a chat."

pringerbeam

You approach the circle of cars, all sleek black affairs lacking the usual nomad family flair except for oversized headlights. The nomads themselves though wear the same variations of road leathers and racing suits all emblazoned with patches of an owl gripping a snake in its talons. Your approach is noticed by the nomads and one of them looks up from their phone at you.

"A Flying Buddha and two statics walk into an owls nest. Where's this joke setup going?" He says as he sticks a hand out telling you to stop. "Looking for some outcasts that might have stolen some high end guns." The owl looks at all of you as the gears in their head turn. "Let's say we've heard something like this. What's in it for us? Nothing in Night City is free." "You'll have helped us merc some scum... and I'll owe you. Word of a Flying Buddha." The Night Owl pondered only a little more before responding.  "Yeah okay sure. Small team of five or six Dead Wheels jumped some static smugglers at the docks the other night. Some hot shit apparently but since these gonks are used to selling bathtub meth they're still looking for someone that could actually afford to buy and fence the whole crate. They've been hiding out in an old warehouse." The nomad slots a shard before handimg it to XH who slots the chip himself before handing it back. "Thanks, we've got the cords." "Uh huh, don't go dying. Word of a cold corpse depreciates pretty fast." Is the nomad's parting words as you head back to XH's car.

Yet another car ride later and you're parked outside the warehouse from the shard. "So... How do we want to do this?"