Started by Throndir, November 25, 2019, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Yuki to roll 1d8+4 for Mimsy's healing.[/info]
[info]Ciara to roll 1d8+4, 3 times, for horses' healing.[/info]
[info]Taiga to roll 1d8+4 if using potion.[/info]

Mysticsage

Taiga looks at the potion then nods as he takes it, "Thanks, I could use this."

As he downs the potion in one solid gulp he looks over at Ciara and conspiratorially leans over to Rota, "That is a really cool nickname, and I can tell by the way she holds herself that she is experienced in a fight. Her horse got hit right out from under her and she didn't even flinch. Honestly, I wish I had a nickname like that, that I was someone others could rely on without flinching."

That was when he heard Mimsy's declaration, "Mimsy, I know what you mean, but trust me that's mostly the adrenaline talking. Enjoying the fight in the moment is one thing. Starting a fight without being prepared for it is a whole different monster. One that is much harder to kill, and most of us are already exhausted. I promise though, that once we make it to the big city we'll be doing more than our fair share of planned fighting in the dungeon!"

He smiled a grin at her that was a mixture of exhaustion and exaltation that  said he too had enjoyed actually using his full strength and was able to be victorious with his own two hands

[info]Health potion
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/info]

Schnizzer

[info] horse potion

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]

Schnizzer

"They'll live at least..." Ciara looked up at the mention of the nickname. "Our family isn't made up of the strongest fighters, but we're sought after for our other talents. Someone has to make sure they come back alive so instead I trained in combat."

After tending to the horses, Ciara got up and looked around at everyone. That was a close call for some people. She wasn't sure how another fight like that would end. "Let's take some time to let the horses and everyone rest up."

pringerbeam

[info] Healing potion[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

"Mimsy, I'm glad you're OK." Sotu said with her characteristic flatness, though if one looked close enough you could see the hint of a smile and a dampness at the corners of her eyes.

Mysticsage

"We should move at least a few hours away, the smell of all this blood may attract more predators," Taiga said looking over the mess.

"Hey Yuki, can you see what you can get from these Lions before we finish up here?"
he called to the ninja.

As he walked over to Ciara he suddenly got hit with a wave of exhaustion as the final wisps of the adrenaline wore off in his system. He had to put his hands on her shoulders to keep from toppling over. He suddenly felt just how much he was sweating as a chill ran down his spine from the night air.

"Sorry about this,"
he managed to say after a moment. "The transformation takes a little bit out of me," he said with a mask-like smile as he got his feet back under him.

"I should be able to drive the cart for a while, so everyone else can get some sleep."

pringerbeam

Yuki shrugged as she took out a kunai.  "Maybe, depends on how long you want to hang around I guess."  She said as she plunged the blade into the belly of the nearest lion and opened up its stomach cavity to let its intestines spill out onto the road.

[info] Harvesting check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

12 miles from Pyletus Village
Day 3 - Early Night

Mimsy giggled at Taiga's proclamation of finding more fights once the group gets to Orario. She had always read the stories, and listened with rapt attention to visiting minstrels whenever she would swing by the Troupe's Choice tavern back in the village.

"Yes...! I'm glad Thalia decided to head to Orario. I guess with this pay of 10 million we'll really help our family." Mimsy said offhandedly as she patted Sotu's head. "And I'm glad you're okay, Sotu. I'll try my best to make sure nothing hurts you, and if they do, I'll be there to heal your wounds!"

Throndir

[info]Healing applied on tokens. Horses are up but remain fairly wounded.[/info]
[info]Yuki's Harvesting Check: 17
As the group was talking amongst themselves and tending to their wounds, Yuki, after giving Mimsy the potion, began to harvest away at one of the lions. The kunoichi was able to successfully extract both the hide and claws.

Yuki add these to your inventory:
Lion Claws
Lion's Hide (expires on day 14)[/info]

12 miles from Pyletus Village
Day 3 - Early Night

"Don't ya worry man! Once you reach level two you're given an alias too. How it works usually is that the Guild records all the things you accomplish, and then the gods and goddesses all convene once a month to figure out names for us." Rota responded to Taiga's wish of a nickname.

Once he was recovered enough, Jars made his way to Ciara and began to whisper, keeping his voice low so that only the two of them could hear.

[info]Perception DC 15 to know this in-character[/info]
"How long do we plan to rest? The marching potions we're giving the horses is a strain on their bodies. The moment we stop using the potions on them, the exhaustion from the last four days of travel would hit both the horses suddenly. They will likely die. We're already down to about 131 million vals on sale price. We have to make it there before the next sundown."

Mysticsage

[info]perception to hear this
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 15 + 8, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Schnizzer

Ciara looked at the hand on her shoulder then looked at Taiga. "Don't worry about it." She gave him a moment before continuing on to Jars.

Her face was not pleased at the number given by the man. Her brow furrowed as she gave a slight growl while thinking. She replied back in a low voice, "Very well, we're moving out. Everyone can rest in the cart." She then picked up her torch that was on the ground and made her way back to the others. "Taiga is right. We can't stay because this will attract problems. And we can't stop because of the horses will give out if we stop here. So, we push on! Everyone can rest in the cart. I'll take the other horse and ride." There was a bit of a commanding presence in her voice. She looked around at everyone else expectantly.

Mysticsage

Taiga read both of their body language for a moment before he nodded, "It is still my shift and I didn't go down in the fight so i'll keep driving the cart till the sun is properly up."

Taiga will then help Yuki quickly clean and load their spoils onto the cart. Breaking off a fang from one of the bodies.

pringerbeam

"Whatever you say, oh gallant shield maiden!"  Replied Yuki with not a single hint of sincerity as she piled her harvest into the wagon, making sure to spread out the pelt.  She ran her hands through the fur.  "Ooooh...  now that's what I call nice.  Much better than a bedroll."  She said, looking back to the others.  "Nothing rough on the pelt, I want to keep it in nice shape.  So no armor or shoes on the nice rug."  She said as she began to take off her bloodied armored clothes, stripping down to her panties and pulling her bedroll over herself.  "And no boys either!  I'm a delicate flower that can't have her honor sullied by your cooties."  She said as she savored the softness of the fur on her bare skin.

[info]Perception check to hear[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

Sotu cocked an ear toward Jars and Rota when she noticed they were whispering. "I will sit with Taiga..." she commented quietly after trying to pick out what the merchant and his companion were saying. She didn't like being told what to do by anyone but her adoptive parents and older sister, but after the ambush she would need to redouble her efforts to protect Mimsy and that meant complying. For now.

[info]Perception to hear:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote][/info]