[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4: Trade Troubles

Started by Throndir, October 06, 2019, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"I apologize, our goddess is a god of comedy, and therefore values eccentricity as much as reliability in her family members," Taiga said holding up a hand in apology with a smile.

"Every member has their own unique quirks, and Thalia likes to foster those first and foremost. But no one means any harm from on it," he said with a smile, but the look in his eye said he wasn't entirely confident in making that assertion.

"Yuki, is one of the best all-around fighters our group has to offer. She is a real asset no matter the circumstance," he said with a nod towards the woman who left for the bushes.

Schnizzer

Ciara turns back around to face Taiga. "Its alright There are many families with eccentric members. Just a word of warning when dealing with members of powerful families. I've heard they aren't all so... accepting." She seems to relax a little as she sighs and leans against the broken cart watching the travelers.

Mysticsage

"We will do our best to keep that in mind, Miss Ciara." Taiga said with a warm smile before getting back to work. While loading the rest of the boxes he did his best to keep a careful eye on there new companions. While he didn't get any really dangerous vibes from the three of them, he knew enough to at least be cautious. Yuki might be a little verbose, but she hit his core fear on the head like a nail.

At least for the time being he would do his best to have an open mind and not jump at imagined shadows. But that didn't mean that he would willingly walk into a trap.

He finished packing the boxes easily enough with Sotu's help, before going back over to the others. "I think We're all set when your ready to go. I was also hoping you would be willing to tell us any interesting stories from the city while we travel? It would help pass the time and at least get us a little prepared" he asked Ciara as she was the one with the most authority among the newcomers.

Throndir

48 miles from the Rakian Borders
Day 3 - Morning

Mimsy continued helping with the boxes, listening into the conversation, but not really inputting much. She kept an eye on everyone, but specifically one on her little sister Sotu. Some of the crates looked heavy, and though she knew Sotu was pretty strong, much stronger than her, she couldn't help but worry that Sotu might accidentally trip and fall, or perhaps have trouble with lifting.

Finally, when Taiga and Ciara had begun talking amongst themselves again, Mimsy approached Yuki. There was something she didn't quite understand.

"What do you mean four inches?" Mimsy asked, not quite understanding, and feeling quite inadequate about missing the joke completely, due to the fact that she herself was a member of Thalia familia.

Throndir

[spoiler=RP Excelia earned]1 step, Ciara, introduction
+1 step, Taiga, attempted small talk
+2 step, Yuki, joke

1/2 -> 1 -> 3

CR 3 split between 6 (Taiga, Mimsy, Yuki, Sotu, Eydis, Ciara)

I'll modify the RP excelia earned if the RP continues for unloading, if I think it warrants it. Working on the next scene.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 3 - Morning

Once the Dian Cecht familia wagon was cleared of all the goods, and loaded up on the Thalia familia's wagon, there wasn't as much room on the wagon as there was before. With the crates of potions stacked up high, and ropes to hold them down in place, there was no more floorspace at all. Thankfully many of the crates were sturdy enough, so it wouldn't be too bad simply having people sit cross-legged on top of all the luggage.

Jars made his way to their own two horses, and he pulled out what looked to be a vial. Uncorking it, he spilled the liquid on one of the horses, then repeated the process a couple times on both of the horses. Both the horses seemed to take that well, and quickly got up, more vigorously than what their previous demeanor was. When your group had first arrived, they looked pretty tired, but now, they looked fairly eady for the next leg of the journey. Jars went over to the Thalia familia wagon, looked it over, then nodded approvingly.

"Looks like there's a bit of space to sleep..." Jars then turned towards the rest of the Thalia familia.

"We'll be riding hard. We should make it to the village sometime tomorrow. A third of you should sleep or rest now to take it easy, as to ensure we don't lose any more profits, we need to maintain the same pace as my familia did making it this far. The village is about... a little less than 150 miles away from here, but travelling 24 hours straight should let us reach our destination by noon tomorrow."

Day 3 - Morning

The elf from Dian Cecht familia approached the now-filled Thalia familia wagon, which housed a few others. She looked at the cramped nature of the wagon, but shrugged and eventually climbed in. She had a particularly weary look on her face, as dark bags decorated under her eyes, showcasing the fact that this elf might not have had a lot of sleep at all lately. Those same eyes widened when she noticed the dark elf in the back.

"Yo. Don't see much of your people up here." The elf, Rota, said hesitantly, as she looked at Eydis with wary eyes.

Schnizzer

Ciara watched them finish packing the cart and walked up to take a look. "That looks like it should do just fine. As Jars said, this shouldn't take long but we are going to ride hard. So we should probably get a move on." She climbed into the back of the wagon and took a seat next to Rota. She opened her mouth to tell Her to get some sleep but decided better. They had been on the road for a few days at a nonstop pace. She'd let her socialize a bit more. It also meant Ciara might get a break. She almost chuckled to herself. She placed a hand on Rota's shoulder. "Don't stay up too late. You have the next shift." She then looked out over the landscape as she waited for the cart to get moving.

Linwelin

Eydis had been doing her best to keep to herself, more interested in sorting out the logistics of the travels rather than the diplomatic aspect. Keeping track of any newly acquired loot, securing the familia assets now that they were soon to approach Orario, and any other cart-based busywork. For the most part, she was trying to avoid the now-dawning sun, as transition from night to day was always tough for her. In short, Eydis is not a morning person.

'Your people'? She noted mentally to herself, unable to hold back a slight grimace at the comment. A pleasure to meet you, too. She sarcastically thought, turning from the ledger to meet the newcomer's eyes.

"Ay. Thalia needed to get dark humor from somewhere for the familia." Eydis' gaze was also one of wariness, though less concerned with the tone of the new girl, and more that they needed to more closely safeguard their own goods. 10 million vals is a hefty sum, enough to sound suspicious. I'll just make sure to keep tabs on Thalia's savings more often during travel. She assured herself.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 3 - Morning

"Haha... dark... Yeah, I get what you mean. Funny..." Rota replied, though from the tone of her voice, she seemed to be forcing it. She kept her eyes on Eydis though, and would dart her eyes away each time it would seem the dark elf would note her stare. It was fairly obvious that she was intrigued, if not a bit uncomfortable around Eydis. In the end, Rota sat beside Ciara, on the opposite side of her, from Eydis, though, even then, she would glance every so often towards the elf.

[info]DC 15 Perception to hear whispers.[/info]
"Yo Ciara..." Rota whispered. "I don't think I've been ever this near to some of dem dark elves before. I heard they live under rocks and caves and stuff. Isn't it.... like kinda weird?"

Schnizzer

[info] [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Seeing what Ciara knows about dark elves.

Schnizzer

Ciara leans close and follows Rota's gaze towards the dark elf. After a moment she whispers loud enough for both Rota and Eydis to hear."I don't know but you know what is weird?" She smiles and pauses to let the question hang in the air a moment. Her smile quickly turns into a frown as there is a look of anger and disappointment on Ciara's face. "I think it's weird that you're still awake when you have the next watch. Get to sleep because you're going to start your watch on time and won't skip out early again."

Once Ciara is satisfied Rota has taken the hint she will turn towards Eydis. "Please forgive my companion. We've had a long few days on the road and she forgets her manners."

Mysticsage

As Ciara finishes with Rota Taiga sees his oppurtunity to approach Jars, "So friend, now that we have everything loaded do you mind telling us where your goods are headed? I assume somewhere along the way to the big city, but knowing the destination would really help with maintaining a a good pace."

Jars didn't appear to be much of a fighter so he knew he would have to watch this man's words in particular. To make sure they were not being lured into any kind of trap by a staggering amount of money. Due to his and aura Taigas did his best to maintain an innocent air often people on their first meeting would make certain assumptions based off of his appearance, and while not totally in correct, he did not want him to have any room to lie.

Throndir

Day 3 - Morning

"The town of Tyresia, bordering the Dana forest to the southeast. There's some sort of problem they're dealing in the town, which is why they decided to pool the town's resources to buy this load of potions and healing items. The Dian Cecht familia is known for the quality of our potions after all." Jars said, a hint of pride in his voice. "Even though the rest of the familia is busy with an expedition with Zeus familia in the dungeon, our familia captain, Ciara, our herbalist, Rota, and I, the familia's merchant, were the only ones free to deliver it."

"We're losing 10% of the price they're willing to pay as part of the deal we struck with them, though, they are already paying generously which is why we can't waste any time."

[info]Color change for Jars[/info]

Schnizzer

At the back of the cart there is a slight look of worry on Ciara's face at the mention of her familia members going to the dungeon with the Zeus familia. She understands why she had to stay behind and while she would never question Dian Cecht's judgement or will, she still wished she had been able to go to watch over them. "They'll be fine. Probably home already by now.." She seems to be talking to herself more than anyone else.

Throndir

[info]Continue to Chapter 4.1: Thunderbird Eggs

Still open for RP, and potential Excelia earned, otherwise soft-closing this thread.[/info]