[Diane] Chapter 4: Trade Capital, New Binmoor, the Silver City

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2019, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima mea

Diane chuckles at Hunt, a big smile on her face, "I never said I wouldn't be  your big sister, I just said you wouldn't need me as much.  I will always be your big sister.  Although, you will have to settle for a cake that I buy from a baker, I am a horrible cook, except on camp stove, then I'm slightly less than horrible!"  Winking at Hunt, she turns to the knights, "You two decide what the best, and likely the most..well, that won't work, I just realized I don't have money.  Perhaps the Silver Inn would be best for a meal, however, if you three can hold out a bit longer, I would like you three to show me your favorite places in the city.  I mean you guys have let me help you fight, now I would like to get to know you more so.  Besides, when I rode away and requested that Hunt and I go alone, I knew Kayden would send at least one of you knights, so I planned to spend time getting to know you guys better as well."

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor
Date: Day 4 - Evening

"Oh... umm... well maybe camp stove cakes are good too..." Hunt said mumbling softly.

"Favorite place..." The first knight thought for a moment.

"Then how about the tower? Since this is your first time here in New Binmoor, then visiting the tower has to be one of the first things." The second knight suggested as he pointed towards the very tall tower at the center. "There are many merchants near the base of the labyrinth's tower, but the tower itself houses the Guild of the city, along with the very best traders for adventurers. New Binmoor, compared to the other Trade Capitals, probably have the most number of magical items for sale due to the fact of the dungeon beneath it."

"There's also a high-class brothel-" The knight paused. "Restaurant there." The knight pulled out a pouch and checked the coins he had in there. "I have enough in here for everyone."

Anima mea

Diane holds up a hand, in a manner so graceful it startles her for a moment, "I will earn my way.  I do appreciate it, deeply and I ask that you let me earn my own and help as much as I can.  That means I the kingdom foots the bill until can earn money of my own, then I will pay my own way."  Smiling at the knight, her face softens to very womanly planes and curves, "I apologize for being demanding, but am I was raised to earn and claw my way to the top.  It means I will need to be humble for a while, but I will do it in this world as I earned my place within my the shop and world in the other world."

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

"Oh it's no worries ma'am... I can always request some money from Kayden after." The knight said as he jingled his coins. "So? The tower it is? Underneath it are the Silver Labyrinths, but there's enough things to see as well."

Anima mea

Diane smiles, "Why do you guys go ahead and enjoy, I think I will retire for the evening, see if I can find something I can study or tinker with.  Besides, I would hate to keep you from your "evening of fun"."  She gently tugs on the reins and gets the horse heading for the Tower, taking care not to harm the horse, but carefully tapping it's sides with the heels of her boots.  "Hunt  you are free to travel with the knights, I give you the night to do as you will, or perhaps you could go home and spend the night in your own bed.  It's up to you."

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

[info]Diplomacy requested to Make Request for the knights to leave[/info]

"I'd like to see mum and dad... But Kay-Kay always tells me that a squire's duty is first to serve the knight they are assigned to." Hunt responded.

"Well, I feel mighty bad if we were to go cajoling especially when the lady knight motioned us to be your guard for the evening." The first knight said hesitantly.

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote] Diplomacy roll

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

"If it's all the same miss hero ma'am, I think I'll stick around. It's not every day someone gets to hang out with a hero, you know? Plus I heard them village mayors mentioning how skilled you were in magic things. I'm not the best at it myself, but it always fascinates me, it does."

"I'm with Ged. Sir Kayden pretty much ordered us to accompany you, so I'd rather not get on her bad-side. I'd say she's still a good commander even though she's a wom-" The knight paused for a moment as he coughed. "Even though she's still relatively young."

Anima mea

Diane cuts her eyes at the knights, I get that women knights and commanders are relatively new, but understand that does not make them bad immediately."  Sighing softly she shakes her head, "Females can be more cunning than men I have learned, especially when raised from a young age to it.  I was raised with mechanical things, so I excel in that regard."

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

"Yes... but you're a hero too! That changes everything. I doubt any other knight or person here would think otherwise simply because you are a hero. Compared to most folk, you have a potential that's through the roof. It's said that a hero who even has a single month of training is powerful enough to hold their own against a knight commander just fine."

Anima mea

Diane snorts, "I am a hero because I am blessed by a goddess to be so.  My training is normal in my world.  My potential is the normal.  Trust me when I say, if I decided to take Kayden and teach her what I know, she would be magnitudes more dangerous than any other knight commander, simply because she has drive to excel and push herself.  Wouldn't you say you have the same drive?" The venom in her words is momentary, but the curiosity is throughout her speech.  "I am going to need people who know mechanical stuff the way I can teach if I can get things going the way I want to, would you two like to join Hunt in learning the things I know?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11[/blockquote] diplomacy to see if she can talk them into seeing it her way and potentially get more students.

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

Both knights glanced at each other, then back towards you.

"Well, if it's learning something from the hero herself..." Ged started thoughtfully.

"... then yes. Both Ged and I are proud knights of the Felencorp United Alliance. Though scholarly work is generally left to the priests, in our youth we went through a lot of it. As I'm sure master Holton here knows."

"But perhaps not... The boy was taken early to be our captain's squire at an earlier age than normal. Due to the lack of noble blood."

Anima mea

"If you are willing then I will teach you.   I won't teach you the same things you learned before, but I am hoping to change things and make life a bit easier.  At least as much I can."

Grinning wide, she looks at Hunt and then gently turns her horse towards the tower.  "However, I need some rest and perhaps to bathe and well," She reaches over and pats Ged's arm, "I would hate to deprive you of your "evening's entertainment" so to speak."  Riding off towards the tower, she looks back over her left shoulder at the guards and Hunt and in a tone that is seductive and playful, "Have a good night."

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

The Silver Inn, which contained a small bathhouse, and the prepared rooms for the hero's group was near the Silver Labyrinths and the tower housed on top of it. The guards along with Hunt realized that you wanted some time for yourself for one reason or another, and as Hunt was about to follow you anyways, one of the knights called out to him and said something, which resulted in them staying behind. The knights seemed to talk to themselves for a moment, but soon enough you continued to make your way towards the tower, leaving the knights and Hunt behind.

[info]Roll Perception if you wish.[/info]

New World - New Binmoor - Entrance to the Silver Labyrinths

It was evening time for the Silver Labyrinths and the tower housed on top, but it was still busy as ever. Unlike most of the city which closed down for the night, to spend time with family and to rest for the evening,  the adventurers that made up the majority of the people inside the Silver Labyrinths worked through all hours of the day. As such, businesses that relied on such folk were open as well. Blacksmiths were advertising their maintenance skills or selling new weapons, while various others advertised their own services to either help gather item drops, or guides into the Silver Labyrinths below. There were all sorts of food stalls as well, for slaying monsters would indeed bring up a huge appetite. There was also a large section of the first floor of the tower dedicated to 'The Guild', which had a board at the front which all sorts of various missions and requests posted.

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote] perception roll