[Fred] Chapter 7.2: Crystalline Horror

Started by Throndir, July 24, 2019, 04:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The rest eventually agreed with your plan. Though, Lai Ju expressed concerns over your wounds.

It was dark, though, wasn't completely pitch dark as there were glowing roots back in abundance in this area closer to the glowing tree. The torch you brought along lighted the way however, with a bright light of 20 ft. around you, and 40 ft. onward. There were places of dimlight further as well, and you could already make out the crystal-man.

It was tall and humanoid in shape, though definitely not human at all.  Its head sports no eyes, nose, ears, or mouth. Its body appears razor-sharp and jagged. But what caught your attention the most was its hands end in wicked claws. It was standing alone, completely still, as if it was a statue of crystal.

QuoteEveryone else is 120 ft. behind you. Primarily Eris, who has Dark Vision, will alert the rest of the group to come to you. They are being extremely quiet, and have no lights.

At that moment, when it was still about 120 ft. away, you caught sight of it running towards you.

QuoteInitiative requested

Linwelin

The hair on the back of Fred's neck immediately stood up as he saw the creature approach. He knew this feeling too well. This was a predator.

And so, he ran.

Frantically.

"Not safe. Not safe. NotsafenotsafenotsafeNOTSAFENOTSAFENOTSAFE!" He began saying faster and louder as he ran toward his friends. He slid into cover just behind them, preparing to cast a spell "Aggressive." Fred said this one word, answering his question from before this whole plan started.

[info]Fred is sprinting back to the group, meeting them as they run to him.

The "preparing a spell" thing is fluff, he'll be casting Earthen Tomb next turn. Unless I can cast this turn, but I think I used all my actions as movement[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteRoll for initiative! You can call out your actions too, if you don't think they'll change much in case you roll low.

Linwelin

[info]I'll hold off from describing actions since I don't know how close he'll get before I cast.

[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As you ran back, The crystal man continued to chase after you. At the same time, when Filiane, Eris, and Lai Ju caught sight of the approaching monster. They attacked. Filiane cast Burning Lance and was able to hit Lai Ju attacked with her bow, but it didn't seem to do much damage at all, even though it hit. Lastly Eris unleashed one of her Explosion spells again.

All of this brought it down to near death.

QuoteFred to take turn.

QuoteGrid Map: https://app.roll20.net/join/3988538/rxP3dQ
Initiative order: Fred: 28, Lai Fen: 27 Eris: 20, Crystal Man: 19, Lai Ju: 15, Filiane: 7
Combat Log
[spoiler]Round 1
Fred runs back to group.
Crystal Man follows.
Filiane, Eris, and Lai Ju trigger's held action.
Filiane cast Burning Lance, hits.
Lai Ju shoots an arrow, hits.
Round 1
[/spoiler]

Status
Lai Fen: [include u=2]KP: 17/33, Current KP Regen: 3, Current KP Usage: 6 KP[/include] Injured, Refreshed,
Lai Ju: [include u=2]KP: 15/26, Current KP Regen: 7[/include] Uninjured, Refreshed,
Fred: Near Death,
Filiane: Badly Wounded, Tired
Eris: Injured, Tired,
Crystal Man: [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 48[/include]

Linwelin

Fred could see the fracturing crystalline giant in the low torch light, confirming that it had taken a heavy amount of damage, and was almost defeated. He could end it now. Flames gathered in his hands before bursting forth with Fred's command, taking the form of a large serpent and launching toward the creature. "Flame Serpent!"

[info]Just in case I have horrible luck, I'm overcharging.

[blockquote]Ovecharged Flame Serpent:  1d20+16 : 20 + 16, total 36[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6 : 4, 6, 5, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Crit Confirm:  1d20+16 : 17 + 16, total 33[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Your flaming serpent sped forth from your hands. You overcharged it, putting in a lot more mana  than normal, and it grew larger and larger as it sped towards its target. The crystalline man was running too fast even as it limped along half-melted legs. It didn't seem to bother getting out of the way of the spell either, so it took the full blast of heat, only to regret it a moment later when it realized that it was further melting from the extreme heat. It was already falling apart from the various fire spells thrown at it before, but this last one was enough. The serpent started to coil around it, and where-ever the fire serpent touched, more parts of the man seemed to melt or break off. Finally, the serpent pierced right through the center of the creature as bits of melted stone and crystal flew off. It was that which finally made the crystalline structure fall down, unmoving.

This time around you didn't get any new levels.

Throndir

QuoteA few days later...

Location - Section 1 - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 8 - Time: 3 PM

Han Tu appeared in front of the group whispering. "A crystalline... man." She said quietly. Lai Fen nodded then turned towards you.

"Probably similar to the first one."

You don't quite see it yet in the darkness.

Linwelin

"Then we'll treat it the same. Other than trying to talk to it." Fred said with a sheepish grin toward the end. Brandishing his spear stealthily, Fred crept closer, ready to charge in.

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+9 : 18 + 9, total 27[/blockquote]

Moving forward stealthily until it comes in view
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+18 : 3 + 18, total 21[/blockquote]

Next action:
[blockquote]Attack + Charge:  1d20+20 : 20 + 20, total 40[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Sorry, that +20 was supposed to be +18 for the Attack with charge

[blockquote]Crit Confirm:  1d20+18 : 17 + 18, total 35[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As you approached you realized it had already seen you as well, and was on it's way to moving towards you. However, you managed to quickly close the distance, and with your spear leading, pierced it straight into it's chest. Chunks of crystals flew right off, in that one attack, it was badly wounded.

Lai Fen right after you, moved forward and attacked. You noticed her blade shine with her dark ki. It was still badly wounded.

Han Tu flash-stepped, and when she appeared, her leg was already slamming into the body of the crystalline man. It was near death.

Finally Bethany went up, attacked with her blade, splitting the creature in half. It was dead.

"My, my, my. Wasn't that rather quick my darlings? I suppose I could save some mana..." Abrielle said who was just about to cast magic, but had changed her mind seeing that it was already dead.

Linwelin

Fred gave a smirk at Abrielle's comment, "Sorry Abrielle. We didn't mean to keep all the fun to ourselves." In truth, he was surprised how quickly they dispatched the creature. But he did feel like his strike was much more keen than before. "You can start the next fight with a big spell, if we get the chance!"

Fred then wandered over to the creature to disassemble it.

[info][blockquote]Harvest:  1d20+9 : 5 + 9, total 14[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[spoiler=OOC]From Crystal Man:

Small B-Grade Mana Crystal

Update your sheet when you get a chance[/spoiler]

"Ohoh, hero Fred, the quicker they fall the less chance we'll be hurt! Plus the safer it is for everyone to get stronger."