[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteFeel free to interject whenever you want in the combat flow.

Nyx used the same ability again, and the second goblin was now unconscious. The last goblin attacked, this time managing to hit. At that moment Thrya called out.

"Two more goblins! They just appeared out of no where." Thyra said, she held her ground on attacking though. Instead the two goblins attempted to attack with their swords. Both were easily parried.

QuoteRough Status
Nyx: Slightly Injured, Tired

For a final time, Nyx used his ability again, with all three falling unconscious. The two goblins attempted to keep attacking Thyra, but missed.

Mysticsage

"The dungeon must be spawning them in to slow us down!" Amelia said with a grimace. "This is more like a videogame then I thought. Everyone, keep on your toes, and watch the crystals for more traps."

"Kurt you've been in dungeons before. What does the guild define as "clearing" the dungeon without breaking the core?"

Throndir

As you chatted with Kurt, Nyx sped off back towards you, using his ability again. The fourth goblin was unconscious. Thyra kept parrying. And soon after, the final goblin was unconscious. One by one, Nyx went up to them, and using his sharp claws began to kill the goblins from bleeding their neck.

[okay]You leveled up.
You have gained a new title 『Fully Shared』
You have gained +2 INT
You are now level 15. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]
"Typically at the end of the dungeon there is a dungeon boss. Breaking the core only serves to stop the spawn of monsters, along with treasures, so most adventurers, unless they feel they are stuck after clearing the boss, choose not to destroy it. Back in Erdesin there was a religious group that went around destroying cores though."

Mysticsage

"Well then, we better find that core room and that boss." Amelia sighed once the conflict stopped.

"Have you heard any rumors of this dungeon's boss?"
she asks Kurt.

"And Nyx you are doing an honestly fantastic job."
She smiles

[info]She keeps pushing forward with Nyx in the lead keeping an eye out for traps and this "Boss"

Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote] [/info]

Throndir

Nyx continued to slowly move forward.

"Stop..." Nyx said softly as he stared at the floor carefully. "The cracks here... they dip down... Then this entire section is completely clear of loose rocks. It's a trap. A pit trap of some sort."

QuoteTrap marked on roll20

While the group began to backtrack to move around the trap, Nyx spoke.

"With these five more goblins killed, I don't sense any other goblins actually... Though, the last room is up ahead, with that... hall-way like room that leads to a dead end."

Soon enough the group moved around the trap, there was a large red crystal on the northern wall. Inside it looked to be a few coins and a sword. It looked like the items were sitting inside the crystal.

Mysticsage

"Do we just take the crystal?" Amelia asked as she moved up to touch the red gem's surface making sure to avoid the trap.

Looking at the others, "Once we have this stuff I suggest we explore a bit more. I want to see what a dungeon core looks like. And if there are any secret doors at the end of that hallway."

[info]Once the treasure is collected I will search the room with everyone to see for any more secrets. in particular that hallway.
Perception
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22[/info]

Throndir

The crystal cluster itself is almost 5 ft. in both width and length, and it stood to about 6 ft. in height. Like most crystal clusters, they were well-fastened to the floor. The large crystal in the cluster was what held the items.

Going through the rest of the room with Kurt as a guard, there was nothing else of unique importance.

QuoteIf you are going into the northern hallway, roll perception.

Mysticsage

[info]going into hallway perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Hero point reroll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Looking around you didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but all of a sudden a notification appeared.

[okay]Your wish is granted.[/okay]In that same moment, you realized that where Nyx was about to step on was a trap. Though you were following a few feet behind, the way the floor looked to have been slightly raised sent alarms through you.

Mysticsage

"Nyx! Don't move there is another trap there." Amelia called quickly. Moving closer she looked down at the stonework. Getting down on her hands and knees she pulled out her dagger.

"Nyx help me, I'm gonna try to use my dagger to lift the plate and then try to disable the inner mechanism," Amelia said.

[info]Will help nyx with disable device check

If he does not have ranks in disable device I'll take the lead
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 14 + 2, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Nyx began to attempt to disable the trap while Kurt and Thyra stood watch. All of a sudden something snapped, and before the rest could react, two crystal slabs fell from both entrances of the hallway. The trap was sprung.

In that same moment, a glittering smoke started to fill the room. Whatever the mist was, it felt like it was cutting through your skin.

QuotePhysical Resist save requested

Mysticsage

[info]Physical resist
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Though you tried to hold your breathe in, you had already inhaled some of it, and they were stinging your lungs. The others were trying to cover their mouths as well.

Quote-1 CON

Mysticsage

Amelia coughing and doing her best to not breath any more of the dust ushered Nyx into her bag for additional cover. "Try casting mending on the mist. If this is crystal shavings then they might condense into one piece. The rest of us will try to lift this wall."

Motioning for the other two to follow her to the far crystal wall she will try to gain purchase to lift it with Kurt and Thyra's help. The strongest person is making the main check

[info]Strength check
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/info]