[Charlene] Chapter 3: Dungeon Core 532

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2018, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Well... It was the cheapest Dungeon Master Gacha option for me... It only appeared once the others told me about it."

"That's weird... I was told Dungeon Masters already know all about this, and are simply amazing... But, anyways, you earn DP through different ways actually! You get 10 DP a day just normally, from the ground itself. Some dungeons get more, I think it depends on what kind of land you're in. But the one we're in is 10 DP a day. Then we also earn DP for each hour an intruder spends in the dungeon. We can offer treasures too, and those will be converted into DP. Anytime we lose one of our monsters, we get refunded a small portion back too. Then we can also get more DP whenever a corpse is offered to the Dungeon Core, me! ☆ The bloodier the better! But... We get more DP though if that corpse was freshly killed in the dungeon..."

"So please kill them for me! ☆ We'll get a ton of DP!"

"Mana? I heard some of the intruders talking about it before in the past... Something to do with magic, right? But I've never had a need of it, personally. There's stuff about Spells in the menus... but it looks expensive."

QuoteIn summary:
1) Earned Per Day from Ground
2) Earned Per Hour for each Intruder in Dungeon
3) Earned when Corpse is Offered to Dungeon Core
4) Earned when Intruder is Killed in Dungeon Territory (along with corpse)
5) Losing a Monster

akicheeto

"I wanna talk to these people that told you about Dungeon Masters. Bet they played you."

Charlie decides to purchase the Leather Armor and Light Crossbow as well as the 100 bolts. She (equips?) them.

It feels so unnatural going from what she did before to this but what choice did she have? She certainly didn't want to die again and maybe if she got out of here she could maybe make desserts again. Provided that was a thing.

"I want to talk to them first, see if they know anything about mana then I promise I'll kill them. Unless they're children or poor helpless people on the run, I'm against that just by nature."

Charlie makes her way towards the intruders, though keeps her distance wanting to see if she can tell what their motives are and what they look like.

Throndir

The moment you opened the Cash Shop and bought the items, notifications appeared.

[okay]-1 Gems
Received Leather Armor
-3 Gems
Received Light Crossbow
-1 Gems
Received 100 Crossbow Bolts[/okay]For each item you had purchased, they suddenly manifested in front of you, floating in mid-air. It took you a few moments to equip the leather armor, and you tried your best in figuring out how the crossbow worked.

"The others... played me?" The girl asked confused about your wording. But she shrugged a moment later.

"That mirror is actually a portal to go into that cavern they're in... You'd appear right in. They won't actually see you until you step through."

QuotePlease go ahead and update your Character Sheet's inventory with the items you just bought, and anything else I might have missed.

akicheeto

"Ah, don't worry about my phrasing...wait that's a mirror? How do I get back to you after I leave?"

Charlie pats the leather armor and examines the cross bow. She puts a bolt in the flight track and pulls back the string into the latch. It felt so incredibly foreign.

She was going to die again. She just knew it.

Throndir

"Well, the moment you walk into the mirror, you'll appear as if you were coming out of the Dungeon Core itself on the other side. If you want to go back in, simply step back into the Dungeon Core. That only works for you, me, and things that we summon though." She gestured around her.

"This place we're in right now actually isn't a real place. Well... it kinda is too. I never really understood it when the others were explaining it to me... But you can think of it as this is inside the Dungeon Core."

akicheeto

"Ah good to know. Thanks."

Charlie takes a deep breath and makes her way towards the mirror and with another deep breath, holding the crossbow down but with two hands in case she needs to spring into action, she steps through.

QuoteCan I get a good look at the intruders from here?

akicheeto

[blockquote]Perception Check 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

Throndir

Each of the two men wore leather armor, and they also had swords to their sides. When you neared the mirror, you noticed that each of the men's swords had dried blood on their weapons as well, along with splashes of blood on their clothes and armor. They looked rather unkempt, and if you were to judge from their looks, probably stank a lot too.

Both men had hardened faces, and they sat in a way that looked outwards from the cave they were in, as if lying in wait to ambush.

akicheeto

"Hello gentlemen, either of you know what mana is?" Charlie tries to look as unassuming as possible but she was honestly freaking out. She's never been in a fight before. The blood stains were a little unnerving.

[blockquote]Sense Motive 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

QuoteWould I be able to sense mana?

Throndir

Focusing on attempting to sense anything like 'mana' around you. You realize that it felt as if the dungeon itself was thick and full of mana. However, from the two men themselves, you only couldn't really sense anything from them or on them.

"W-whoa! What the! Where'd the hell ye come from?" One of them said as he drew as word.

QuoteRoll Initiative, that's simply a DEX check.

akicheeto

"Ya know, I would love to say I knew but even I don't understand that."

Charlie shrugs but as he drew his weapon she held up her crossbow.

"Whoa, whoa, can we talk about this first? Why are you hiding in this dungeon and why are you covered in blood?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote]

Throndir

The man who drew the sword, leaned over, as if to strike you. The other one next to him was starting to draw his own blade as well.

QuoteOrder: Charlie, Man 1, Man 2

akicheeto

Charlie jumps as far away as possible, since he wasn't going to listen, and aimed her crossbow at him and fires.

[blockquote]Rolling for Attack 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote]

Throndir

Your bolt hits, and the man grunts.

QuoteRoll damage for your light crossbow, 1d8/

akicheeto

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

"Holy shit, it hit." Charlie murmurs.