[Zurlane] Chapter 5: The End of a Kingdom

Started by Throndir, September 12, 2018, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Possession comes in different forms... One way manifests obviously, with physical manifestations of the corruption in the person. Mayhaps they grow horns, or their eyes take on a different hue. Sometimes possession is more... treacherous. Such in a way that even the possessed cannot tell that they themselves carry a demon within them. Though, influencing their actions and thoughts. Many times, they describe it as a voice in their mind, much like how thy describes this."

"Death tis common enough for mine people, that in ways, our hearts are hardened to it... If Iona would have fallen, she at least would have fallen fighting the enemies, she isn't the first High General who would have."

She paused and thought for a moment.

"Tell me, who is this Aurora like? Or how thy sees her to be? If she art is as important as you make her to be, then that would indeed cause conflict in thy heart from her actions, treacherous as they seem to be. And this Aurora... she hath suffered exhaustion from using mana? How long ago?"

Licel

The queens suggestions that Aurora wasn't real or that he was possessed cut Zurlane deep. Though she had left him feeling broken and betrayed she still held a place in his heart and showed his pain on his face.

"Queen Ingrid Hierdsvain... to best understand Aurora you should know of my world a little more... she was originally a tool, beings like herself were not rare either. She was something called an artificial intelligence or AI for short, they were mass produced and shortly after birth every boy or girl had one put inside their bodies. They could see what you see, save and play back things that you've heard, and they existed to help you live better lives. When she first came into this world her name was AI Unit 4U8.084. A model 4U8 number 084 from the assembly factory.  Early versions like Aurora weren't even capable of original thought, she was like a piece of paper that you could write on to save information for later... However when others chose to upgrade their AI and get a "better one" I kept her. She was different from the other units, she had flaws that made her unique. She went against what she was commanded to do by her makers for the benefit of me in a way that no other AI was capable of. Still to this day I am unable to come up with why." Zurlane took a deep breath

"So I found a way to work at a place that made AI units, and after work I would sneak back inside the factory and would remove Aurora and upgrade her. She grew faster, smarter, and gained abilities she was not originally built to have, and when I went to war to fight a war we were doomed to lose she came with me. In fact the same projectile that fell me in my old life destroyed her as well." Zurlane stood up slowly

"What is she like though? Well, before, she had no emotions, she was a voice that followed my commands... However, when the goddess brought me back to life and remade me, she remade her as well. She is different now, she sounds the same, but she is hesitant, she has feelings now as well, something that is new to her. She is a tool that is living with the emotions of a person just like you and I..."

"As for how long ago she was suffered exhaustion from using her mana... it was when she struck down High... General Iona... so... I would guess twenty minutes ago?" Zurlane tried his best to meet Eydis and Ingrid's gaze.

Zurlane tried his best to see if he could tell what Eydis and the queen thought of what he had been saying.

Perception

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote]
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.

Throndir

QuoteI'll be using your base roll for Sense Motive instead. Perception really is meant for seeing with your eyes, rather than understanding other people.

Eydis listened respectfully, though, she continued to kneel in the presence of the queen. She did perk up and glance over at you every once in awhile however, you caught some fascination in her eyes when you would describe how an 'AI' worked in your world. It seemed as if she wanted to know more, or even ask more, but perhaps out of respect for the queen, she chose not to.

The queen on the other hand, listened intently, though her eyes didn't really give anything much away. She nodded at times during your explanation.

"20 minutes... Then surely it mayeth be time whilst thy Aurora recovers. Each individual reacts to the lack of mana differently. Forsooth, some may be stirring awake after but an hour, whilst others yet taketh a full night of rest. If the goddess herself had chosen to giveth life to Aurora, then surely she must be of importance, or hath some role to play."

"Zurlane Rhomedes, thou will tell me when Aurora wakes up. Tis a grave matter to strike down the High General in the midst of a battle. She is to be questioned, her defense reviewed, and if so finding, a punishment to be accepted."

Licel

QuoteI thank you Jo.

"I appreciate you listening to me in this matter. It stressed me to no end, but it means a lot to me that you know the truth... I will let you know as soon as I can when Aurora is awake. I just want you to know she can't speak through my mouth or move me... I will have to tell you what she says."

"Maybe... you can help me with my power though my Queen... I... my apologies but how do you wish me to address you?"

Zurlane after a moment returns to his question. "I have learned that when I say, status, a box appears that I can see... One of these tells me that I have my AI companion, Aurora... the other is the word upgrade but I don't how it works or  what it does. Can you help me? Maybe I can use it to help you and your people?"
Thank you for letting me fight in the war.

Throndir

"Thou art the honored Summoned Hero that hath been foretold, thou mayst call me as thou wish, thy position and rank, tis above mine, for thou art from the goddess herself, the being that gave birth to the Valkyrie."

The moment you said the word 'Upgrade', a green translucent window appeared in your field of vision, the words said:

[okay]You must specify a target.[/okay]"The powers of heroes are vast and varied... There hath been abilities and powers described from heroes, and recordings of them as well. However... most of that knowledge hath been lost by the Valkyrie. Tis true that our capital hath been overrun by the demons almost 60 years prior... Here in Velothia, mayhaps the newer countries that appeared here may have knowledge. The Antwarch Kingdom perhaps, or even Felothia, now called Felencorp mayhaps, further still, the Idorian Magic Kingdom is known to be a country of scholars..."