[Jean] Chapter 5: Jean's Second Death

Started by Throndir, September 08, 2018, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 5: Jean's Second Death》

As the giant tentacle you summoned surrounded you almost as if in sadness, you felt the cold darkness of death approach. Your blood continued to pour out of you in abundance, and you knew you would fall into unconsciousness, then shortly after, death.

And soon enough that death did take you.

When you woke, you found yourself in underwater. In shock, you had breathed some in, but strangely you noticed that you were still able to breathe normally. The whole thing filled you with a sense of deja vu.

Beside was a girl, though her bottom half was nothing but an array of tentacles. Her skin looked soft and inviting, aside from the tentacles, she looked comely. Her face was scrunched up in confusion however.

"We're... back here."

She then turned towards you.

"That... metallic spider. You died?" Her eyes looked dangerously at you however. "But I have this form..." Her tentacles began to make their way towards you as she had an expecting smile, she looked almost eager.

QuoteFor now, you do not recognize her.

Also Initiative requested. use hero stats.

pringerbeam

Jean backed away slightly from the girl and looked around.  "What, where am I? Where's the monster?"  Then, more frantically.  "Where's the book?  Or the bag it was in?"  He felt his chest where the wounds from the battle should be. 

[info]Initiative[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

There were no wounds on your body, however, you noticed the state of your clothing was the same as it was when you last remembered. The bag that you had clutched before was also on the ground near you.

The moment you had felt your chest for wounds, the half-octopus girl had lunged towards you, with her tentacles leading first. They managed to grapple you as well, and the tentacles moved straight into your ear.

The moment it did, you suddenly recognized her. You remembered this very place. You remembered the conversation you had with a towering beast. But most of all, you remembered the horror and the pain that you had continually endured the last time you were here.

pringerbeam

"Wait, wait, WAIT!"  Jean pleads as the tentacles entangle him.  "Wait..."  Jean looked around, trying to see if the being he had made that pact with was there.  "What...  Am I dead again?"  Jean patted himself down as best he could with the tentacle's interference.  "What happened to those wounds?  Everything else is... normal?  I guess as normal as all this shit can be..."

[info]Perception check to see if the Old One is around[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The moment you had begun trying to look around, the strange weird sights and horrific sensations started to get stronger like the last time you were here. The tentacle girl's tentacles were still plugged into your ears though, and that seemed to help fight off the panic that you were feeling. The tentacle girl's face was flushed, and her tentacles began coiling around you.

QuoteMental Resist requested

You couldn't see the large creature. But then you heard its voice; the words had you shivering.

Ý̢̜̫̗͟.̴͓̪̖͈̗̺O̪̱̻̹̥̘.̙̜͉͞U̞̫̹͙͈̣͘̕.̵̬͘͜ ͓̞̘̕͝F̧̡͇̮̺.̵̩̜̫̱A̮̮̥̘͓͘.̸̧͔̮̟I͏̮̟͕̲̥̲̹̳.̷̣̥̼͖̲̻̪͞͝ͅL̢̧̗̘͜.̸̵͈̦̩̹̀E̘͚̰͜ͅ.̦͎͘D͝҉̷̻̞̝̱̬̥̳ ̛̼̼̰̺̳͙M̩̝͚̠̳͈̜͘.̷̠̯̥͖̤͟͡E̡̜.̣̪̻͎̯̩͙͙́

The sound came again, this time, it seemed to resonate even more. Like tidal waves crashing all around you, his voice reverberated everywhere and no where at the same time. It felt as if the sound came directly into your head.

Yͯͨͮͦ̄̂̋͂̾̏̿ͥ̚҉̝̮̳̥̣̻̘͙͎̺̫͔̲̻̖̫͍͢͡ͅ.͇̳̤̬̠̦̳̭̰͔̤͔̝͇̝̍ͬ͒͑ͦͮ̄ͮ̀̄̅͢ͅO̬̰̹͈̘̣̜̺̘̘̟̍̓̔̔͌́͆͗͗̓͑ͬ̈́̀̐̋́͞.̶̛̦̠̱̱͕̼͈͎͎͔̖̮̪͕̬͗ͯ͊ͮ͋̄͂͑ͫ͐U̧̹̙͕͉̺̩̹̫͕̱̎ͮ̈́̅ͨ̒̀̓͠.̸̡̱͇̮̰̲̖̫͎̺͚̺͔̟̼͇̀ͭ͑̃͋̎̃ͩ̍̆̑̑̿͛̋͗̈ ̖̼̰̖̜̳̭̹̠̳̫̯̠̮̆ͥ̇͗ͩ̇ͨ̓͟͟F̢̯͕̟̗͔̘͈̰͕̫̲̯̰̣̦̻̥̅ͦͯ́͞.ͭͣ̆ͭ̎̐҉̷̼̳͇̙͉͓͎͙̗̫̼A̷̩̹̥̫̼̰̠͖̜̝̭̻͔͖͕̼̟ͯ̔̇ͧ̉ͤ͊̏̀̀.̎͌ͨ͆ͬ̐̓͊͂̂ͫ͆ͫ̅̏̑̂̋҉̡̯̟̦͖̙͎̱̗̬̰̯̪͚̟̗̹̼̫́̀ͅÌ̸̔ͪͬͮ̌ͤͪ̊̆̐ͮ̚͞͏̖̹̣̮̲͉͔̜̖̯͙͓̘̝.͑ͤ̓ͥ̄ͣ̾̐̉̏͒̀̕҉̤̳̝͉̞͕͢͝L͑͋̔͒҉͕̗̱̝̭̙͍͢͡.̢̯̭̩̙̟̪͈̲̪̤͍̈̅ͧ̓̓͋̽̅͗̈́̐̀ͩ̂̊ͯ̋͡ͅE̶̸̡͈͈̯̬̗̻̎͒ͭ́ͣ̃ͫ́ͫ͊͒ͪͥ̾̈́̄̉̔͌.̔̎ͦ̉̒ͪͨ̈́͛̚҉̶̬͍̗̣͓̖̤͔D̨̹͔̻̩̳̗̱͖̻͚̱̰̯̬͕̭̦̰͇̋̎ͫ̎̊̎̽ͤ͗͐̾͌͂̅̕͞ ͌̔͑͂͂ͮ̐ͮ̈́͗̽̕͟͏̷̳͇͉͉͞Ṃ̛͎͙̪͓͙͖̼̭̱̥̱̺̫͇͚ͦ̇ͥ̇͆̑̓ͫ̎ͯ͂̇̃̉̓̀̚͢͞ͅͅ.̢̰͉̣̩̰̣̤̠̮̪ͦ̓̏̉ͫ͒̇͛̈̔̌͒̒Eͩ̈́͊̈́̏̅̏ͭ̑͐҉̴̻̪̝͔͎͔̹̙̬͈̯̞̯̬̺͚ͅ.̀ͫ̽̉͌ͩ̉́͏͉͉̲̜͔̰̞̪̩̫͟ͅ

The tentacle girl started panicking at that moment. She continued to pump whatever she was pumping into your ears, but she began to loosen her grasp around you. Her eyes darted as if looking for a place to hide.

pringerbeam

"I...  Wait!  I didn't know!  I didn't remember!"  Jean pleaded as he looked in vain for the being.  "I didn't even get a chance before those demons came for me! "  Jean pleaded his case.  Instinctively, he held on to the tentacles that were withdrawing from him.  At this he then looked down at the tentacles.  Wait are these...[/color

[info]Mental Resist[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

Not sure if a check is needed but Jean is checking to see if the tentacle girl's tentacles are the same general form as the ones he summoned. [/info]

Throndir

Horrors assaulted your mind again. Everything around you seemed to morph in different shapes. Your eyes played tricks as you seemed to see strange horrors that weren't normally there. You once again heard that ringing in your mind, and pain assaulted you.

When you looked at the tentacles you realized they looked very similar to the ones you normally summoned. The same hue, and patterns on them, at the very least. These particular tentacles coiling around you however, did not seem like you had a sort of mental communication with, however.

QuoteMental Resist requested.

F̜̫̤̙͉̖͖Ǫ̟͔̺̙̫̺͖Ó͖̪͎͉L̪̭.̷̤͙̝
̠̫̯̟
҉͙̲̹̝T̻̬͢O̸̬̗̫̭ͅ.҉̭ ͖̕ͅF͍̻̫͢O̳͙̞͈̺Ṟ̭͢G͖͎̭E̻̖̭̪̗̫̣T̶̜͙̹.̜ ̨̖̲̙̲͖̞T͉̘H̗̙Ȩ͖̹.̱ ͙͙P̯̙̪̮̙̤A̷̘̥͍̲̻̯ͅC̯͇̬͇̤͚̭T̠̜͓. ̤Y̧͇̱̮͎̮̯O҉̟͚̻U͙̼͖̫͖͕͎͝.̡ ̛̜̭͕͈̤H̬̖̼͈A͞V҉E̥͕̫͇̺̜͜.̛̜̞͉̜̹ ̖͚͍͞M̯̬̦̠̞͝Ḁ͍͓͍͎D͈̣E̵̩.͏̩̝
͘
̫̥W̭̩̮̬͎͝ͅH̢̠̖̼͔̳͙̱Y̙.̭̣́ ͘D̡̻̯̬͇̜͇͇ID̬̲̜̫ͅ.͔̳̳̬͡ ̯̪Y̮̯O̺̝̙̘̘͈͡U͚̕R̛̼̼̜͚͎͇̝.̯̫͓͉̬̥͞ ͖̮̱̥Ș̢͙̲͇̥E̛̮̖ͅR̥͉V̻̗A̧̤̖̭̫̱̤͎N͖̬̝͉ͅT̻̦̹̭͓̪.̠̥͔͇͍͉ͅ ̦̫̫̲͈͖N̨̞̲O̩̖̱̦̲̻T̛̖̥̫̻̳.̷͉̝̟ ̧R̶̲E̩̙̗̥͢M̞̩̳͖I͓̦͔͔Ṇ̗͟D͏̺͎̯̤͖.̸̻̲̖̥͉͙̟ ̸̰̰͈̺͉̟Y̩̟̩̫͖͘O͈U͢.̴̜

At this, the tentacle girl began to panic. Her eyes continued to dart back and forth, looking for a place to hide. However, it seemed to realize how futile it all was, and instead she zoomed over to you, hiding behind you, and clutching on to you from behind. Her tentacles began coiling around you, and her own arms as well. She seemed like she was shivering.

"It wasn't my fault! It was all new to me... I couldn't speak! Just move and accept commands... It really wasn't my fault!"

S̶̷̷̛̹͓̞̘̰̫̪ͩͭ̒̃ͮ̎ͣ̾̌̆̾ͣͦ́̚I̶̥͖͉̰͛͒̓̇ͣ̓̀ͤͩ͒̎͗̂̓͒̔̅͗͜͟͟L̦̼͔̝͖̪͎̭̼͉͍̤̲̭̻̰͈͙̂̊̈́̆́ͬͦ͋̾̓̅ͭ͗͂ͩͥ̓̇ͫ͟͠Ẽͨ̓͑̋ͧͯ́̚͏̬̼͓̞̼͈̯Ṇ̸̢̖̦̩̥̜͉͓̝̬͖̫̩̝̰̪͙ͬ̿̄̈͋̆̓ͩ̔͞͝C̷̬͇͔̺̬̰̤̰̞̭̺̦̮͉̺̹͖̦̓͒̌̉̐̂͛͜͝ͅE͑̋ͦ̈́̈́͐͢҉̶̧͍̣͍͍͚̞͈̟̞̪̠̙͕̠͖.̢̡̥̣̣̠̼͈͖̝͇̤̽͆̉ͤ̎̅͑
̧̿̒̎̏̚͘͏̫̳͈̲̖̘̘
̡̢̱̰̤̪̻̺͚͙̱͔̜̳̂͋́ͥ̇̕͞S̴̡̭̼̩̲̹̩̦̯̘͈̖̪͑͂̔́͘P̛ͭ̋͛ͣ̉̌̾́́͢͏̘̟̭̰̣̠̥̘͓͎̭Ę̴̠̫̻̦̯̦͖̘̮̼̜͈̽̐ͩ̋̅̐̿̈̈́ͫẤͫͭͫ҉̛͚̗͕̤͉̗̫͚̦͙̠̰̜̲̘̣̖̤̰̕͠͝K̷̡̞͚̼͍̼͍̬̠̫͊ͥ̅͌̾͋̀ͥ͡.̴̴̧̻̣̠̗̙̭̻͚̦̻̳͎̣̻͉̣̩̋̇̌̽̄́ͅ ̻͎͕̙̤͈̽̿̍̏͂͗̓ͯ̂̈́̒͗̒̉͞M̧͇̲̱̠̤̜̹̤ͪͫ̔ͤͭ̽̈́͠Ȏ̶̸͕̗͕̜̭̞̭͚͈͙̣̲͚̪̰͍̬̍̾̓͛̋̃̿̌̇͋̇ͣ̈́͒͆͂̒̚̕͡ͅṚ̸͓̜̫̣̰̭͓̲͚̦̬̟̮̙̼͎̩͙ͮ̽ͩͫ͛̇ͪ́̉̆́͜T̢͉̫̮̱͚̹̳̰̫̜̖̣̦̝̺̪̮͂͗ͬ͊ͥͮ͐͋̇ͬ̿̆̾͞ͅA̱̗̺̤̩̣̻̲̻̪̩͉ͫ͒̅̂́͞Ļ̧̤̥̣̘̹̦̹̪̣̗̭͍̄̃̿̇̔ͤ̐̈̐̆ͣ̚͞͠͠ͅͅ.̡̪͓̩͇͍͓̙̬͓̹̺͚̮̻ͭͭͥ̃̋ͨ͋̈̔̊͆̒̓̇̔́̀͞

"Jean... Jean, help me." She begged.

[include u=2]Jean: -6[/include]

pringerbeam

"I didn't even know I had a servant!"  Jean yelled into the darkness.  "Something went wrong.  The demons already knew I was there before I was even conscious."  He looked over his shoulder to the tentacle girl.  He was beginning to realize the source of his ability.  His ability...  The ability that he had taxed to its limit twice upon his summoning...  "Wait...  How do you know I forgot the pact?  How come I was dead within hours of making it to the New World?  It was too soon.  I didn't even get a chance to write anything in the book."  Jean was sure at this point that the psychic assault was making him paranoid but his mind was falling down a very long rabbit hole.  "You said that the other gods were watching you before, when you found me.  They knew I was coming...  They set a trap!"  Jean turned and looked at the tentacle girl and grabber her shoulders.  "You!  You were there...  But you weren't...  We couldn't communicate.  We were...  Separated?"  His mind went to Eloise and the slime girl when he said that last word.  "I have to go back!"  He turned around and yelled once again into the darkness.  "They caught me off guard, crippled me before I could do anything, separated me from her, from my memory, from you!"  He said pointing to the the tentacle girl, his head, and to the darkness in turn.
     "Send me back!"  Anger was beginning to seep into his mind, cutting its way through the horrors as they clawed at his brain.  "They fucked me!  They fucked YOU!"  His memory of being cut open by the metallic spider blazed in his mind over the horrors  that already filled his head beyond its capacity.  "Send me back so I can have my revenge!  So I can have OUR revenge!"

[info]Mental Resist[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

W̯͎͖̗͎̳̲HE̙̗͇̜N̷̜̗̯̥.̹̭ ̩̤̫T̴̞̻H̱͓̭E͔̺̞.͇̱̯͔͕̬̕ ̫̩̕S̯̟E͏̩̻̮R̮̠̝̪̗V̬̞A͏͓̬N̴̠͕̖̞̹͔̹T̲̞͎͔͕ͅͅ.͔͓̞̞͍͖͞ ̵̠C̬̲A̹͚̥̟͔M̸̟͈͚E̲̣͎̲̳̬̼. ̨̝̘̱͖̮̰̠B̵̖̤̖̼͔̲A̷͙̝̜̺͔̥ͅC͈K̠͍̼̟͘.̷̟̻̝͓ ̩̫I͠.͚̤̬̦ ̴͈̗̱WA͏̲̞̫̼S̫.̥̱̬ ̝̜A͢B̲̗̫͉ͅL͚̲E̜̜̞̺͘.̺̗̺ ҉͖̞̟̭͉̭̻T̬̘͘O͈͖͉̩̯̱͘ͅ.̷̝̪ ̺͕̖̙̣͖͎S̭E̴͚̖̣̞Ȩ̠̥͈̰.̷ ̼̥̠̥͙͕̳̀H̞̥͔̗̙E҉͇̭̫ͅŔ̗̼̹.̠̞ ͕͖͖̗̗͈M̝͓͖̼E͏̤͚̗̥̲̦MOR̞̞̳͕̥̗̯I̵̞E̫͈͇͙̬̗͟S̶̖͉͔̦̯.̶̘̰̙̮̬̜
̮
̬̦ͅẂ̟̟̪̺͕H̜̫̘͚̰͍EN͠.̢͉̤̣͉̘͙ ̸Y͇͖͔ͅƠ̫̻̦̮̖U̶͚̲͖̮̭̝.̱ ͉̳͇̣̙̣̟A̝̭̜R̘̳͓̱ͅE̲̪̜ͅ.̭͢ ̖̳̣̲͇̤H̳͓͓̬̯̳͘ẸR̬̜̟͍̝̥E̬̕.̢ͅ ͉͢Ị̠͇͔́ͅN͈.̞͉͖͖̫̪͇ ̡R̹͓'͇͉̹͍͖͕̝L̹͖̥̲̝͚YE̸̱̤̰̣H̴͔̜̥̖.͇̻̮̝͝ ̷S̟̞̪̬͜E̱̻̱̪̺̥͎̕EI̪͎ͅN҉̹̦̰̼̲͈G͏̩͎̣̭.̗̘̯͍̣̪̕ ̸̗YO͙͙̹̩̜͠U̳̬͍R͈̲̤̺.̝̪̪̜̱͇͎ ̝̕O̮̦̯̱ͅW̦̺̺͕͖͖̹Ṇ̣͔̫͖͔͎͝.̗͜ ͙̫̟̼̺̲͟M͈̹̳E͖̻̘̲̯͇͓M͇̯͚͡ͅͅO̫̻̪̝̩̯R̹͞I͈̣E̙̹̹S̭̲͈͖̭͙.͚̺̖̝̥͘ A̷R̛̦̩̘̬̟̬̯Ḛ.͔̪̥ ̣̙͚̣T̶͓R̵͍̞͕̮I͔̳̥̫̜̝V͏͉̞IA͙͓Ḽ̖͇.̪̺͍̭̮̰
̗͔͇
̸̱B̨͇̮̞̬̪̗U̸̞͈̠̙͇̜̮T̤̼̹̮̱̬͎.̯̯̰̹͠ ̥͈̀Ț̸̩̬̳͔̝̣HE͈̼͓.̝͓͉̥̙͉̹ ̟͖͕͘CO̵̬S̘̬̗͖̲̣̥͡T̶̗̠̼̩͚̠.̳̣̯̘̙ O͉͉͎̭̝̥F.̪̠̫ ̼͈͖R͔͢E̵̞̥̦̜̖I͍̤̮̺ͅN̶̙̻̗̠̞͉ÇA̖̙̲̺R̻̰̥N̶̰̦A̳̮̯T͇̻͈̻́I̻̫̭̙O̲̙̖̣̪͚̠N̬͝.̻͕̠͈͘ ̧I̧S҉.̻̲̭͜ ̬͍̤H̗̬̤͕ͅE̖A͙͔͇͙̲̥V̱̣̳̤̥̙̠Y̧̪̥.͇̤͘ ̤̺̼̻M̸͓̞̩̝͙O̤̫̤R̢T͙̯A̵̟͔̣̬̲̜̬L̬̻̫̱͖̰͠ͅ!̝̟̖̺ I̻͉̟̝̥̘T̘͔.͞ ͎̗͓̣̣͠I͕͍̖̬͖S̢̰͓̹̖.͔͍͙͡ ҉̱̹A͔̤͈͇N̜̫̦̺̣͕͝.̳͎̳̫̤͕̮ ͚̠̥Ḛ̺̟ͅA͓͡S̫̳̗̟Y̩̥̯̜͈̜ͅ.̵̻͍͎̺͎ ̞͇̖̙͈̝F͕͕̭̩ͅE̻͡A̢̳͖̮̲̭ͅT͕͖̱. ̩͖̪̣̤͟F̱̥̖̟̯̹̥͢O͖̦̗̗̼̳͎R̮̻̺̲ͅͅ.̺͉̗̪̦͎ ͉T̶̺̱H̫͈̰̱Ę͓̪̣̱̭͈̱.̢̦ ͍͇H̙͖Ṵ͔͠M̰͙̯̥̼̹͜ͅA̲͈̲̩̘͔N̠͇̖̝.͖̦ ͉̜̮͈̺̱̳G̣̬̪̪̜͘O̭͚̭͕̗D͡S̱̱̳͔̱.̡̪̗͙̗̲ ͎A̸̬̺̳͚̫ͅN͏Ḓ̨͉̠.̸͇̤̬̤͍͕̬ ̗̳̯̖͓͈̦E̥̭̝͖̺V̛̻͇͙̞Ȩ̹̼Ṇ͈͓͚̮.̳̠̻̬ ̙͔̲̠̀T̟̠̤R̮I̤̺͕̕V̘̤͕̖̘I̡̦͎͇͎̫͎ͅA̧̝̯̠̹̞ͅL̶̩̲͚.͔̳̲͢ ̛̝̣͓̳̬F̧̻̯̣̞̲O̢̖̤̗͕R̵͖̭͔̣ͅ.̺̦͉͎̩̯̬ ̡̲T̯͔͡H̢O͡S͈̠̟̼E͙͓̣̼̭̯.̛͍͇̖̗͇̫̩ ͠ͅI̡̟N̻̟̞̲̺.̦͍̥̟̳̝͘ ̮̫T̷̗̥̞Ḫ͔Ẹ.̡̤ ̖̬͕͕D̜̫̗A̡͈̤͕R̳̯͟K͟. ̳̖͇̻͖͠Ţ̼A̜̜ͅP̸̯͖͓͙̳̺E̖̬̠Ṣ̶̜͉͖̹T͏̠͇̩͚̱͎̞R̛̥̖͙͉̺̲Y̙̟̤̗̞.̧͖̹͈ ̲̮̲̮͕Ḅ̪͔̰̟͙Ṷ̺̲͙̬̲̱͡T͓̮̱͙̝.̪͎̫͡ ̘̪̜͕̬͕̥YO̥̪̣̲U͖͍̹̻͔͖̙.͈͜ ͖̠̤̜̥ͅH͎̙̫͕͚̗A̱̫̖̼̭ͅD͉̗̦̜̘͓̻.̣̰̘̼̹͜ ͇̦̥̯Y̙͈̺̕O͉̱U̠̥̞͉͇̕ͅŔ͎̳̠̤.̶̞̖̲ ͕̼̗̫͍͠ͅC͍̮̙̻̘ͅH͚͎̦̫͕̤A͔̥͇͖̣̯̫N̜͔̥Ç̘̲̼̗̬͍E̦͖̺̺̳̕ͅ!
̘̜̲
̢͙͎̹̦̬YO̹͇̦̘̰U̧̺̺̗.̨̘̦ ͚̞D̮̩̼͎̥̲͓A̻̲͔͇̫̙R̟͇͎̤̻̭͠ͅE̻.̲̕ ̫̱G̠͉̙͟I͙͉̩̖̭V҉̝̞̞͎̰͈E̤̞̟̭̫̠. ̨̯̻̖̙̮M̦̯̳̪E̮̭̼̼̺̪͓.̼͍̰̥̥̩͉ ̴͓̮O̢̦̱͚̙͈R͇͓̙D̴͖̮E͓̹̖̤͘R͇̮̫͕S̶̺̟.̡̲͓̼ ̝̲̠ͅA̛͍̝̭̱N̵̘̟͙̥͖Ḓ.̼̗ ͈̤̬̗̝͍C͚͍̙̲̩̲̼͠O͚̘̯̪M̠͓̝M̠̤A̤̰̖̣͚N̶̘̦͓̘͙̣D͕S҉̟͇̮̭͕̥͍!͉̺͇̪̬͈ ̬̗̲͈̫̮Y̪͎̬̘̘͢OU̮̩͕̬.͏͕̜̼ ̭̦̼̖͔͓͞IŅ͎Ş̼I̝̜̱͡G͏̩͖̳͇N̩I̯͇͖̜̳̻ͅF̬͙̟͍̘͉̻I̡C͇̮̘̻A͉N͇T̗.́ ̛͕̥̦̰͉̱̤F͇͖͕̮O̟͓̱͉̤̙̤͜OL̼̞͠!̬̞͚͓͙̞̹

Suddenly, you find yourself floating in the air. The tentacle-girl who had been hiding behind you had started to levitate as well right beside you. Her eyes screamed in horror, as you can no doubt imagine the horrors going through her own mind.

For some reason seeing her seemed to ground you, and even though there were horrors everywhere you looked, as your mind began wandering, you managed to cling to sanity.

It was then that something went horribly, horribly wrong.

Before your very eyes, you saw the tentacle girl torn into literal pieces as purple gore exploded. What remained of your clothing was splattered with her purple blood.

͖͍͖̳̩W̨͍͉̗̯̩̲ͅI͙͇̗̳T͕͎ͅṊ̦̣̩̺E̝S̠S̝͙̩͇̪̣̮.̢͖̙̖͓ ̘̱̣̟͠T͉̭Ḥ̱I͙͇̖͖͎̝͠ͅS̛̫̱̩̥͔̤.̦̹̰͙̜͠ ̰̤̕A͍̞̬̖N͕̤͍̬͠D̨͔.̡̜̯̰͚̻ ̟͇̪̹̠͓̭K̭̹̙̭N͉̻͚͎͓̦͔O̶̻̖̗̦̥ͅW̩͔̥.̲̞̻̣͠ ̤̩̦̻̞̜T̛̠͇̳̠͓̣H̻̼̠̯̫̥I̪̰̪̱̜̺͜S̡͈̣͉̯͎̭. ̢͈̺̼̻͈̣WA̠̪̗͖̲̱̜S͏̤͙̯̝̮͇.̮͉̝͠ ̞̗͇̙̘̣̜Y̡ͅO̧͔͙̺̝̦U̲͉͓̰̪̪R̰̗͎͔.̦̰̻̱̰̘͕ ̰̟̙̳͙͍̀M͔̦̬̩͓̙͍I͓͕̞͈̰ͅS͞TAK̞͡E̻̩̠.̡̞̭̺̰̙̱

pringerbeam

"NO!"  Jean screamed in horror as the tentacle girl was torn asunder, his anger shattered by the fresh terror visited upon him.  "No, no, no, no!"  Jean flailed his arms and legs in an attempt to swim through the space between him and the sickening pile of gore.  "Why her?  She wasn't even able to talk in the other world!  Fucking kill me!  Just fucking end me!"  Jean wasn't sure if he was making any progress forward as his mind continued to be flooded with psychic torment but he kept trying to get to the tentacle girl's remains.  "I did what I could!  They were waiting for me!  The team sent to summon me was slaughtered the second I got there!  The demons were already there waiting for me!  The game was rigged!"  Jean was desperate, the tentacle girl's gory death kept replaying over and over in his mind, pushing aside the other horrors to torment him.  "Look into my mind!  You know I'm telling the truth!  That monster was going to catch me, one way or another.  How?  How come it was there?"  He started to sob and cry.  "I couldn't run forever!  They would catch me eventually...  If I didn't fight them there, they would have cut me down as I fled..."  Jean curled himself into the fetal position, pulling his knees to his chest.  "I'm tired of running."  He whispered.  "I can't run...  I can't fight...  I can't make you a god..."  His eyes wearily turned to the bloody bits that remained of the tentacle girl.  "You might as well do to me what you did to her..."

Throndir

[okay]Heroic Action Pointed Earned[/okay]
As you continued to talk, the horrors around you continue to increase. The feelings of horror and anguish continued to assault your mind, it was getting hard to determine what was true, and what was induced. You could not deny the fact the corpse was in front of you however. What was once the tentacle girl's body was now simply a mass of torn flesh and gore. You swum closer to where the body was, surprised that you managed to move, considering that it felt like you were held just moments before when you had been forced to float upwards.

When you reached where the tentacle girl was, in that mass of purple blood and torn flesh was no life, only sickening death and gore. There were body parts that were floating, the purple blood continuing to spread from your actions of moving the surprisingly still water around.

It was then, that you managed to see two piercing eyes in the distance. It came from that same giant creature you had seen the first time you were here; the one who wanted to become a god. It stood there in the distance, as if it had suddenly appeared, towering, thousands of feet high, its eyes glaring.

T̈͆̐̊̀҉̰̰̟͔̟ͅḪ̨̠̞̱̺̙̱ͤ̑̽̈̽͑ͩ̆̽E̜͔̘̫̦͑̃ͣ̌̓ͥ̎ͭ̀͟N̡̢̗̹̹͍̝̬̓͊̾̆̒̃͟ͅ.͕̭͔̦̮͇̯̽͒̃͑͑̊̀̚͘ ̴̴̫̠̗̳̫̮̤ͭ̑͒̃̋̔̚͢Y͇̽͂̽͢͠O̜͚̩̰̽̐̈́̈́͡U̯̮͓̮̾̍͜͢R̠͎͙͖ͤ͂̈ͨ̃ͭ̇ͪ.̑̒̓҉̖͖ ̨͇̱̙̩̻̃̓̍̓̍͆̈́̎̃Ďͮ͛͏̦͍E̔̋̉̐ͣ̕҉̹Ã̺͉͕̞̦̗͙̎́̔̋͗̎́̽̀̀͠ͅT̢̼͙͚̟̬͕͌̊̓̽H̸̵͙͂ͯ̂́ͣ.̷̣̯̿̈̓ ͕̫͈͎͈̫̌ͨ͛ͭ̅͆W̙̗̙ͧ͠I̶̟̠̣͇̾͟L̢̩̹͕̱͙̪͚̤̇ͤͫͪͨ̀ͩ͢ͅL̸̷̙̫͈̭̹̍͊ͅ.̤̭̅ͨ́͞ ̎̓̌͛҉̸̧̹̥̬̗̼͉Bͧ͝҉̪ͅE̡̨͇͚̭͈͈̣̩̔ͧ̾̽̐͟ͅ.̶̪̘ͫ̃́ ̷͈̝͑͆͆́͠E̠̗̱̼̮͎̲̥̓ͣͧ́͊̽̍ͤT̵̷̷͖͎͓̩̙̑̈́̇Ẹ̩͖̤͎͇ͮͥ̃͒̓́̒R̫̼͔̮̮̦̩̪͗͑̀Ṉ̸̶̟̯̲̹̀̚Ạ̘͉̖̟̼͇ͫͧ̒ͦͥ̂̀ͅL̷̛̫̪ͣ͌̏͒̈ͮ͒̀.̸̨̧͇͎͕̜̿̀̔ͧͥ

At that moment, you were flung far away from mass of gore and flesh that were suspended in the water. You hit your back hard on a wall. You felt the pain of being flung.

QuoteJean: Badly Wounded

Ỹ͌̾̽̾͏̴͔͓̼O̹̗̟̞͕͈ͪ͊̓ͥ̉̄̋U̢̧̢̦̮̜̯̠̣ͩ̈ͨͯ.̴̼̻̥͔̘̉ͪ̑̌̿͡ ͚̻̓̆ͨ͗͌͡W͇͍̜͊͌̄̊̇ͮ̿͠ͅĨ̱̺͕̯͚̪͔̥ͭͥ́̔̽́́L̦̝̬͔͖̏͐̄ͦ̊ͭͧ̉͠ͅL̸̶͔̝͊̑̕.͙͇̤̻̻̼͔͇̮̑ͣ͑͌̐ͨ́ ̡̞͎̳͕̜͔̭̲̃ͬ͑̋ͥD͙̜̦̮̬̙͙̥͛̉͌͋̃Ī̟ͣ͟Ȩ̫̝̭̮͚͍̘̯͊͗̀̚̚.̶̛̮̪͓̻̥͙͂̚ ̺̖̩͗͋ͬͧͣ̈ͣͭO̵̟͔͉̣ͩ̍ͭ̌ͭͭ̉͛̕͝V̢̩̪̘͔̘̦̆͑ͭE̢̬̘̪̊ͣͪ̒̿̂̓ͮR̡͙̊͞.̨͍̳̰͈̿ͪ̄ͩ̌̓̿ ̴̨͈̻̻͚̱̈́̂A̛̠ͤ̈́͛ͫ̌̊̈́N̺̱͕̫͋͑̑ͪͮ̏͟D̶̡̛̹̳͌̎ͭ͑ ͕̺̜̝͕̥̬̎̓͒͊ͧ͋̓͐Ơ̛̭͚ͤ̆ͯ̏̂̓V̛̱̩ͭ̒͟ -

For some reason however, the titanic creature stopped talking. All of a sudden the ringing in your ear stopped. Even though you could clearly see him, it almost felt like you couldn't feel its presence at all. The creature was not moving, though its eyes still glowed.

Instead, a girl with unnatural pink hair appeared in front of you. Like you, she too, was in the water. Even though she was in water, red blood seemed to stick to her body, dripping down her form as if ignoring the fact that you were both surrounded by water which should have dispersed it. She herself was wearing far too revealing clothing, and she had an unnaturally wide smile. The girl then spoke, her smile further turning upwards far wider than they should have been. It felt almost disturbing looking at her.

[spoiler]
"Jean Valois. I have an interest in you."
[/spoiler]

pringerbeam

Jean felt the strike but the pain was dull, as if afflicting another being.  For a third time, Jean was ready to die and he looked up to the eyes.  He stared into that terrifying gaze and spoke.  "Fine..."   He prepared himself for the final blow and closed his eyes.  The killing blow never came though and Jean opened his eyes with the arrival of the girl.  "Are you shitting me?  Can't you see I just want this to end?"  He yelled to the Old One in the distance.  "Just conjuring up someone else to kill in front of me?  I'm not going to bite.  Hurry up with the eternal damnation."  He looked the girl over.  "Nice tits though, I figured you would have gone for something with more tentacles again but I guess you're not doing a complete retread."  Jean leaned his head back against the stone wall and closed his eyes, resigned and waiting for at least temporary oblivion.

Throndir

When you spoke, the titanic creature in the distance didn't seem to react though. In fact, it was still, completely still. When you expected your words to provoke it, or at least, have some sort of reaction, the Old One simply continued to be frozen, though it continued to glare.

The girl however, was the one to respond.

"Now Jean... if you just died, what would be the fun in that?" She said, a slight mirth in her tone of voice as she licked one of her blood-stained fingers.

"And I'd like to see that big guy over there try to kill me. But I would agree, his taste is a little too touchy. Don't get me wrong, I am too, just in a totally different way. With knives and sharp things involved instead. And blood! Lots and lots of blood!" The girl said sadistically, then her eye twitched. "Oh, I'd let him try to kill me of course! That would be fun."

"It might be fun to see how he reacts if he thinks he's actually harming a god."

She leaned in close.

"Wouldn't you agree, Jean Valois?" She said her eyes smiling.

"I stopped that big guy from tearing you from limb to limb, like that poor girl over there." She said as she pointed towards the floating mess of body parts. Her smile began to grow wider.

"And I'm just some conjuration of that big guy? Oh you wound me!" A moment later, something in her head exploded, as bits of gore and blood poured from it. She didn't seem to mind it however.

"Like... literally!" She laughed.

"Is that any way to treat your savior?"

pringerbeam

Jean looked up at the girl, he didn't bother making any movements.  He didn't have it in him to try.  Also, he had a sinking suspicion his spine may have snapped from The Old One's blow and he wasn't even sure his legs could move if he wanted them to.  Regardless, he continued to sit slumped against the stone and didn't even blink when the girl's blood spattered his face.  "You're not really helping your case with the whole 'grotesque display' thing.  Pretty sure I saw that one the first time I died.  Hard to tell with the unending visions of torment.  It kinda all starts to run together, you know?  Besides..."  He looked once again to the remains of the tentacle girl.  "Hard to top that last one."  Again, the tentacle girl's death replayed itself in his mind as he stared at the pile of gore.
     "So...  What?  You're going to nurse me back to health and then I get to watch you have your intestines ripped out of your gut?  I get to watch myself be flayed alive while you scream and burn?  Something involving spiders?  If you're going to prove you're a god, you're going to need to up your game."  He kept staring at the tentacle girl's blood slowly seeping across the stone in an ever widening puddle.  "You'll need to surprise me...  And I'm fucking tired of surprises..."

Throndir

"That's the problem with demigod-level beings associated with madness. They just can't control themselves, you know?" She laughed.

"At least I can control myself..." She paused. "Mostly."

"You know, normally gods don't interfere, especially with using any of their divinity. But this place is almost like a pseudo-domain. Where we are right now isn't actually a real place, well, from the normal human's point of view. You can think of it as a place in that guy's head." She pointed towards the giant creature who still seemed frozen.

"There's stupid laws that won't let me just do whatever I want, but here..." She grinned. She snapped her fingers then, and the exploded parts of her was suddenly back in place.

Then she snapped her fingers again, and what was once the pile of flesh that was the tentacle girl became whole again. The tentacle girl wasn't moving however, it looked as if she was frozen along with the giant being in the distance.

"As far as pieces on the board are concerned, you're very interesting Jean... It wouldn't do any good if that big guy already there broke you."

She snapped her finger one more time, and all of a sudden both the tentacle girl and the giant creature in the back started moving. She however, continued to float in front of you, without regarding the two individuals behind her.

W̦̝̝̣̫͕͙H͔̹͘Ḁ̞̟̦̖͓͈́T̻̺͢.̦̪͎͈͔͘ ͎̙IS̵̤͇̯͈.̺͚̮͘ͅ ͈͙͚̘̟̱T̯̩͈͕H̦̟̮̦̤̝̝ÍS̵?̥̬̲̖͜ ̲W̤̦̝̝͇̦͜H̩̘͢Y̭͉̫̥̺̺.͈͇̳͖̤̪ ̳͇̺̥I̻̤̟͡S͇̳̪̠̘̳.̢̜̙̪̺̗ͅ ̴SH͏͚̣E̷̹.̱̱̲ ̫̝̺̖͚̬͕W͏̬̱͉̣̺̻̤Ḥ̜̞͉Ó̞̲L̵̥̬̳̫ͅͅE̞?҉̙̣̖ͅ

The tentacle girl herself looked around wide-eyed, looking at her hands, then feeling her body to make sure it was there. Her eyes met yours, and she immediately started to swim her way towards you.