[Fred] Chapter 2: Civil War

Started by Throndir, August 09, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The next guard lost his armor as well, and even some of those on the side of the Dark Ravens began laughing. Eventually all the guards dropped their weapons, and the emperor was truly indeed cornered.

"The ravens... you're one of them? The summoned hero? How could that even be! Don't tell me, Lai Fen, you did something to the ritual? It wouldn't surprise me that some lowborn like you would stoop to such things."

"When you're as evil as you are, who wouldn't turn on you?" Lai Fen spat icyly. Her eyes flared in hatred at the emperor.

"Round up the guards!" Lai Fen ordered. She then turned towards you. But she grinned as she was about to place a hand on your shoulders.

"Thanks for the help... Mr...?"
[include u=2]MP Fred: -10[/include]

Linwelin

"Emperor, you're a fool. I was never anyone's to command. You just convinced me they were a better group." Fred said bluntly. "After all, the only ones here that actually spoke of concern for people in the way I know it were these ravens here."

Shortly after, Lai Fen approached.

"Thanks for the help... Mr...?"

"Fred. It's Fred Pragtige, but just Fred is fine. You were Lai Fen, right? He shouted it with enough anger that it's burned in memory now." Fred gave her a smile, then looked back toward the emperor. "So? What are you going to do to him? And what's made you hate him like that? He knew you, so it seemed personal."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"He killed my mother and father... Years ago now." Lai Fen said. "He probably doesn't even know them. Ever since then, I fell in with the Dark Ravens... They took me in, fed me, clothed me. I was family. Our old leader died a few years ago, and since then I've been pushing our group to do more, to bring that man to justice. He wasn't the rightful emperor anyways, he usurped the previous emperor with own scrooges perhaps... around 13 years ago."

She brandished her long thin blade. The emperor yelped.

"I heard he killed the entire previous family..." Her eyes flashed angrily then, you see her start moving towards the emperor.

Linwelin

"That's...a shame. He really is a plain villain." Fred frowns, crossing his arms. "So who replaces him? I imagine you've got a replacement in mind so all that doesn't occur again? Gotta solve the problem for good, right?"

If not, you should probably hold back on killing him. Or else the cycle starts again. Seen that plenty, though admittedly in a much smaller scale."

Fred was not about to let on that he was talking about various animal kingdoms. Not exactly comparable, but he thought it fit.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Letting him live? You really think I'd let him live?" Her voice was extremely icey.

The other people of the Dark Ravens too, started to look away.

"Do you... oh summoned hero, know what he's put us through? How many people he's killed? How many people he brought his own sword to kill?" Her blade flashed dangerously as the weapon slightly twitched in her hands as she turned her head towards you.

"Do you KNOW what he's done to so many people I know? Do you even know what he's done to me? DO YOU?" She was practically yelling her last words.

"Death by beheading... is pretty merciful. Don't you think?" There was a sick smile on her face.

Linwelin

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean keep him alive, I just meant for now. After all, he's controllable now. But you do what you want. I just want people happy." Fred stated in a non-committal manner. He obviously didn't care for the guy's life. "By the way, can you fill me in on this whole 'hero' thing? I still have no clue what's going on."

Fred watched her approach the emperor, "But go ahead, do your thing. He seemed sleezy anyways. We'll talk when you've got a bit more peace." Fred made a shooing motion with his hands, then went to lean against a wall and figure out the notifications from earlier.

What else showed up besides 'Destroy'? Titles? Status? Skill points? How do I view this stuff? Well, destroy only worked out loud...

"Status...?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

You see the Lai Fen make her way to the emperor.

"W-wait Lai Fen... you were always a thorn in my side, you and your dark ravens... But we can get to an agreement... I can give you 20,000 gold! Did you hear-" The emperor was cut short.

The moment you said Status, a translucent green screen popped in front of you.

[okay]Fred Pragtige
Summoned Hero
Level 15

Condition: Healthy

HP: 28/28
MP: 18/28
STR: 16 +
DEX: 20 +
CON: 18 +
INT: 12 +
WIS: 15 +
CHA: 10 +
MAG: 18 +

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Status, Destroy

You have 3 unspent ability points.[/okay]

Linwelin

Fred winced slightly at the execution before him before putting his full focus back on the screen before him.

"Whoa..." It was all he could say. This made it seem like his new life wasn't even real. Granted, it still didn't feel real yet. He was human. He had odd magic powers. This world was definitely not his own. And now he was looking at some floating text in the air.

Of course, his first reaction was to poke a random word on what was presented. Can I touch it...?
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

You found yourself randomly selecting a word from the list. Your finger itself went right through the invisible screen. But a new window appeared anyways.

[okay]『Status』
Ability to see names and title from other people.[/okay]Words flashed in your mind as well.

[okay]You have gained a new title『He Who Knows of Status』
You have gained +1 INT[/okay]When the emperor was cut down. The guards around him stared in shock, and some even prostrated themselves in front of Lai Fen. The rest of the Dark Ravens, however, seemed to cheer.

"This will only cause turmoil in the country!" One of the guards stood up, yelling.

Lai Fen brought her sword up, staring icyly at the guard.

QuoteYou see Lai Fen about to charge at him.

Linwelin

So THAT'S how it is...looks like I'll have a lot to read. YES! I CAN FINALLY READ! Fred didn't even bother hiding his grin at this thought. It may be a crazy situation, but his dream had come true, with others slowly being realized. How could the 'raven' not be pleased?

Unfortunately, Fred was not familiar with the concept of 'jinxing himself', as that very thought led straight to an increased blood thirst from a certain vengeful woman.

Oh. That's how. Fred thought as he grimaced and sprung into action.

"Lai Fen, lower that blade!" Fred immediately sprinted as hard as he could to intercept. "Don't stoop to the level of your target. No need to kill over differing thoughts. Plus, he's not wrong. However..." Fred turns to the guard, having barely gotten between the two. "Sir, the fact that this situation occurred already proves there's plenty of turmoil, yes? But from the sound of it, it's been one sided until now, thanks to the dead guy over there." Fred then points at the finally-quiet emperor.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The moment you stepped in between her and her target, Lai Fen stared dangerously at you.

"You don't understand... Fred." She responded coldly as she continued to have her blade up. "He and anyone loyal to that man deserve nothing but death! 'Differing thoughts' never stopped him, did it? You weren't even there hero... How he killed everyone in cold blood. That was man sick. Rather than letting the executioners do it for him, he would stop the proceedings, take the sword himself, and kill everyone... one by one."

Her eyes trained on the guard behind you, who by now had fallen back on the ground, fear written across his face.

"People like him.. who 'follow orders', who think having an emperor is what it takes for stability... Dark ravens, search for the royal family and bring them out here." Her tone of voice was deathly. "They're all probably huddled in the room back there."

"The nobility won't stand for this!" The guard responded back in an act of defiance.

"Be quiet!" Her eyes flashed dangerously again, and you see her attempting to move past you, her eyes locked on the guard behind you.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Dark Ravens began going into the back rooms, but there was one who lingered.

"Lai Fen..." A voice called from amongst the Dark Ravens. Unlike the others in the Dark Ravens, she looked different. Her skin complexion was different than the others, and she had full red hair.

Lai Ju《Lieutenant of the Dark Ravens》

Linwelin

"You're right. If what you say is true, then that man deserved death. Honestly, I don't know how he wasn't killed earlier." Fred nodded along as she explained the circumstances. But his expression turned cold upon seeing her use that as an excuse to lash out. "If you wish to slaughter your way through this building, I'm not going to stop you. In fact, I'll step aside. But if you sincerely came here wishing to save the people, lashing out at the guards will only paint YOU as the bad one. They are citizens, as well. Even if they are cowardly for supporting that madness, to kill them is to kill as indiscriminately as that dead one. Lower your blade, do not misplace hate just because you've killed the man that deserved it."

This little girl is nuts! Fred thinks to himself in a bewildered panic. Since when do grudges extend to more than the leader of a group like this? Lions don't slaughter an entire pride in a dispute, just the leader then combine prides! She's just as bad as the dead guy- don't say that out loud, don't say that out loud. You're a dead bird, well, man if you do.

"The nobility won't stand for this!" The guard responded back in an act of defiance.

"Be quiet!" Her eyes flashed dangerously again, and you see her attempting to move past you, her eyes locked on the guard behind you.

Fred again blocks the way, giving her one last chance to think it over, quickly speaking over his shoulder to the guard at the same time. "She's right, be quiet. You really will die at this rate if you don't." Fred turns his full attention back to Lai Fen. "What'll it be?"

Fred notes the woman stepping forward, believing he sees concern.

[info]I want to get a read on Lai Ju if I can. Not sure what to roll to understand what she intends to do.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteRoll Sense motive when you can. I'll respond sometime tomorrow most likely with or without the roll.

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Sense Motive on Lai Ju:  1d20+3 : 15 + 3, total 18[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Requested Diplomacy Check:  1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_