[IC] Goblins at the Gate - Foothold

Started by Throndir, January 13, 2018, 11:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteKryas only, unless you followed Kryas, or worked with Mysticsage to be included in some way.

The moment you realized what was going on, you started making your way to the Istus' Enclave. It was located in Red Light district, partly used as cover along with intel, such was the nature of that particular organization. The journey wasn't particularly long, and you made haste ensuring you don't waste any precious time. Even in your rush however, you couldn't help but notice the fancier decorations that made each front look different. Buildings soon gave way to adorned and themed structures, catering to any sort of fetish or desire anyone would prefer. Facades that looked like something from the northern regions Naroese with muscular woman to match, all the way to fronts littered with pink roses and the women there wearing frilled clothing.

Soon enough you made your way to the higher end region known as the Land of Dreams. It was much more better well-maintained and only rich merchants and nobles had enough coin to spend in this particular section.

[error]Passive Perception Failed[/error]For a moment you felt as if you were being watched, however, there was nothing out of the ordinary. Women up on the second floors through open windows called to Kryas, knowing his name.

Soon enough you made your way to the large building that marked the Istus' Enclave. Soon enough you were given entry. And soon enough you found yourself at the third floor in Rosa's, the Istus' Enclave's leader's, office.

"Ever do you bring complications, Smiles." Rosa said the moment you walked into her room. With mocha-colored skin, and long black hair tied back into a ponytail, Rosa was easy on the eyes.

"So, what can I do for you today?" Rosa, the head of the largest group of information brokers and intelligence operatives, asked almost playfully, through her eyes held a bit of mirth in them.

Mysticsage

"Only the usual Rosa," He laughed "You know a goblin raid going after a vault of gold and treasure that would make even you blush from the sheer sparkle of it. Would you expect anything less from me?"

He moved to the map of the surrounding area that she had on one wall picking out Powder Keg and putting a finger on the small town that would have not been on anyone's map besides a scholar or a thief. He traced the quickest route from that dot out into the wilderness trying to imagine and illustrate the expected path of the war parties. "What I need from you is a few teams of your more experienced opreatives. From the sound of things its going to be chaos in a matter of hours out in the frontline. While Galasnor has enough armed fighters to repel this sort of thing on it's face. They lack anything close in support classes aside from a handful myself included. When the sea breaks against whatever hasty defenses we've smashed together it's going to be the inferstructure that fails first."

He shook his head the whole attack left a bad taste in his mouth the more he thought about it. Even if this was just coincidence that a goblin tribe was attacking this no nothing town; he doubted it would be this severe. There was just no way that a mass of goblins, across who knew how many tribes, could organize with each other to attack one place. The benefits of the goblins was that they were equally vicious to everything including each other. Someone must be pulling the strings from a distance some kind of influence spell that let them see past their instincts and organize.

"Your people are already trained for hit and run tactics and can mitigate any suprises that are on the horizion with scouts and your networking skills. Even a few teams would be enough to keep signals and the support structure up and running regardless of what that sharptoothed hoard is really planning. I wouldn't be opposed to taking North with me as well, your second in command is a powerful sorccerous in her own right. Not that I'm in any position to be choosey."

"In terms of payment, I'm sure I can get you a pick of rewards from the vault assuming what we think is there is there. And you would be owed a pretty large favor from the entire Guild not just me and my ilk. Legitimate friends like that are worthwhile when you don't need to worry about blackmail to keep them loyal. And I would be more then happy to broker any deal or work you need in the future." He turned back to the woman at the desk trying his best to read her while she mulled over his offer. He knew that news traveled fast in this city and she probably knew more then he did about the situation.