A New Adventure

Started by kitkat27, September 22, 2017, 01:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitkat27

Gael is inside a tavern drinking ale while sitting at a corner table near the entrance when three thugs forcefully pushed the swinging door, making it bang against the wall loudly.

Japi

After the bang echoed throughout the room Japirthur arrived and heads on the counter."I would like a large mug of ale."He said under his helmet. After a while the bartender brought a large mug of ale, Japirthur then drops a stack of coins in the counter.He sat on the largest seat and places his ale on the table, he pulled a small wooden hollow tube and began sipping it under his helmet.Looking straight would let him see the three tugs standing near his table."I don't want any trouble today." He said quietly. Japirthur continued to drink his ale.
I'm pretty sure I made a mistake.

Lia Starweaver

When the three large men pushed the door briskly to the side, then proceeded to push and jostle their way forward, Lia could tell it was exactly those type of people which can cause a relatively relaxing to be not quite so relaxing.

She recognized Japirthur, one of her fellow guildmates respond to the three, and Lia, never one to contain herself couldn't help out but yell across the room from her spot next to Gael.

"That means no fighting! You large, threatening-looking, rude-ass people!" Lia shouted, her eyes sparkling in mischief. Maybe the three thugs would get riled up? After all, if she can't have a relatively relaxing evening, then she might as well have a fun one.

kitkat27

Gael was just observing how the events will unfold as he took a sip of the ale from his mug in a chill manner. "Ahh! This was supposed to be a relaxing evening," he thought to himself. But part of him also wished that something out of the ordinary happening in this boring evening would be kind of exciting. So, he decided to heighten his senses just in case. He took notice of Japirthur and recognized him, as would be impossible not to see someone as burly and big as him.

Gael whispered to Lia, "What do you think they are up to? Seems to me they're looking for some trouble," at which time Lia shouted to the three men. Gael wasn't surprised she did, though. "Let's see what's next," and he held up his mug again to take another swig of his ice cold ale.

Japi

As Japirthur was sipping his ale, a dagger suddenly stabbed the table."You know what? Lets go outside."
Japirthur then stand up revealing his true height.

The three thugs kicked the door nearly breaking it's hinge. Japirthur would follow them leaving his hammer behind.

The three thugs and japirthur now stands outside the tavern, illuminated only by the moon and fires.

"You must have a large purse in you." The three thugs laughed.
The Three thugs then surrounded Japirthur, making a triangle.
One man clapped loudly, Japirthur looked at it but it was a distraction the other man kicked Japirthur straight at his torso.But Japirthur was wearing armor, it barely affected him.
Japirthur grabbed the leg who has just kicked him and he hit the one thug who clapped using another thug.He threw the thug that towards the one
that was behind him who had a knife ready.

Now Japirthur stands in the street with three incapacitated thugs"Don't hold a grudge on me, as you are the ones who started this.".He went back to the tavern and continues to drink his ale.

Lia Starweaver

"Had fun Japi?" Lia called out to the giant. "Though, I doubt it was very fair for them."

She had watched from the doorway when Japirthur ran out and dealt with the thugs. As expected the fight itself only lasted a few seconds. The three thugs were now lying unconscious in the middle of the road. The guardsmen of the city would no doubt come pick them up later, or even throw them in the jail for the night. Not that Lia minded, she probably would have done the same, though she readily agreed that Japirthur was probably much more suited for that kind of work.

kitkat27

It was an intense spectacle. I was in awe at how strong and big Japirthur was. The three men seemed like dwarves beside him, and he threw them like they were small fragile dolls.
All of the people in the tavern also stopped from drinking for a bit to watch the fight, some dropping their jaw in the process. It only lasted for a few mins, after which people turned away their attention to it and went back to what they were doing as if nothing had happened. The three men lying on the road  injured and no one seemed to bother that they were. They must be infamous here for robbing people and they just got used to it.
I looked at my mug, noticed that my ale is almost gone. But then my stomach grumbled angrily as soon as I found that out, so I decided to order something to eat and not just another drink.

Japi

As Lia approached Japirthur he said."If my work is fun then it is fun."*He turned away and sat in his seat again.*

"I'll just wait until tomorrow." He got in an comfortable position in his seat and starts waiting.

Throndir

"No need ta wait for tomorrow, ya!" A voice called out nearby. It was a tall and lanky man, he had a goatee and brown eyes, but what was most striking was his bright red and wide-brimmed hat.

"Ya see, I have heard many good things about the Guild of Galas'nor, but wasn't entirely sure that all these stories I've heard were true. Ya? But after seein' yer' fight just now. How easily you threw those big men. Well! If all of your guild's members are like so, then they are probably quite the sort I'm lookin' fer."

The lanky man drew closer to Japirthur then, taking a seat at the giant's table.

"There's a particular request that I need doin', and I need a strong arm or two fer it. You interested?" He asked as he leaned in closer.

QuoteThis NPC is free to use, feel free to have him do whatever, say whatever.

Lia Starweaver

Lia perked up as she watched the lanky man approach Japirthur. She grinned as she looked towards Gael who sat beside her. A moment later one of the barmaids arrived, handing a plate of food to Gael, the barmaid had looked towards Lia as well, but the elf just shook her head - she didn't want to order anything more. Once the barmaid had left, she turned towards Gael again and nudged him.

"Gael, you've always hung out with Annia. How about for once let's go on an adventure? It looks like someone caught sight of the giant in our guild."

Japi

Japirthur noticed the man approaching him, he just kept on sitting.

After a few seconds Japirthur said "I'm interested He sat in the chair the right way. "And tell me what is it about?"

kitkat27

Gael was sizing up the man. Looking at him from head to toe, he looks like he was wearing some expensive stuff.

"Yeah, tell us what request it is you need to be done," he said. "And what is in it for us?" We could use some form of payment, ya know," Gael added after which he looked at Lia mischievously. Then he turned back to the man and waited for him to respond.

"Well, there's something that needs to be retrieved... " the man started...

Throndir

The man grinned as he noticed both Gael and Lia's interest.

"Well, ya see..." The man continued slyly as he motioned for both Gael and Lia to take a seat around the table with Japirthur and him.

"It's treasure actually. I recently got me' hands on a treasure map. From what I can tell this is legit. Had some scholars look into it, which eventually lead me ta some wizards who I paid to verify its authenticity." He narrowed his eyes as he looked upon each of you. Then he glanced about the room, as if trying to see if anyone else had been watching. Finally satisfied, he then drew a long tubular map case from his red cloak, opened it up, and flattened out what looked to be an old map on the table.

Japi

Japirthur inspected the map after a while he said. "Do you think we are fools? This is clearly a trap."
Japirthur looked at Gael and Lia waiting for their response.

Lia Starweaver

Lia saw that the map was one of northern Naroese. A region known to be full of monsters, frigid temperatures, and the harsh wilderness. The human civilizations of the Naroese regions were on the southern ends, the arguably slightly more reasonable places to live in the harshness of the north. The map itself seemed to have marks on it with a path going from each settlement to small settlement, and finally making it way to a set of mountain ranges where a large circle was drawn on it with a corresponding set of words next to it: Treasure

"A trap?" Lia echoed. "It's more like a suicide mission! There's a reason why hardly anyone ventures that far north. It's not very safe if you don't mind me saying. And I agree with what Gael said, this looks particularly dangerous, what do you even have to offer?"

The man looked offended as he pointed at the map.

"That is why I'm lookin' fer someone or two with a strongarm, a sense of adventure, and the know-hows to survive up there! If it's a trap yer seein', then I can bring up my offer to some other adventurer in this city!"