[Anastasia and Kin] New Years Festival: Dancing Contest - Couples

Started by Anastasia Sheel, July 19, 2017, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia Sheel

QuoteAna and Kin only. Split from New Years Festival: Dancing Contest

With the dancing contest for single participants complete and only one hour to go until the evening's finale, where was only one more contest to go. The couple's dancing contest. After the show put on by the individual dancers, the crowd and the judges were excited to see how the couple's dancing would turn out.

There were plenty of familiar faces that Anastasia had come to recognize over the past year since she had joined the guild. Some she had only met and seen a few times, given the fact that many guild members would disappear for months at a time going off to some far off land resolving some sort of quest or request. But with the fact that it was the New Years celebration, a lot of them were here. Here where the final acts and festivities occured before signaling a new year.

The tournanent of Ternadan, hosted by the city, had been in progress for the past week, with the finals scheduled to take place after midnight. Some of the defeated teams were here as well, attempting to put some joy in the fact that they couldn't quite make it to the final match. It was going to be a match between Lyolf's Legion and the League of Extraordinary Merchants, both teams members of the guild of Galas'nor. So overall, there was much excitement to be had.

But Ana was there during the match, and she knew that even if Kin didn't show it, the halfling, her adopted father, was one who was probably not as excited as the rest.

She kept her eyes open for him, and eventually smiled as she saw a familiar form.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3xhad0jigm0fc3/7f0efd8256e802e7a5341db79a4caa453b1108ef.png?dl=0

Linwelin

There was no hiding the disappointment and frustration in the halfling's posture and expression. He'd failed in his most anticipated fight, and badly at that. But it wasn't that he felt outdone, if anything he'd be content losing that way. No, this was self-disappointment.

I could feel it, my swordsmanship suffered greatly in that match. Even without that knave of a roommate having such defensive ability, I still would have missed plenty. Why in the nine hells did I fight so POORLY!? Kin gripped his fist for a moment, then released it and sighed heavily Just means I need more training and experience. Like that's anything new. Maybe I can transfer rooms in the hall as well. I'm not going to suffer his presence any time soon if I don't have to.

Kin looked up, a bit of his confidence and determination returning to his gaze. I may be down, but I've always gotten back on my feet before, and this time's no different. With that, he looked straight ahead, picking up his shoulders in a renewed confidence. Though he certainly didn't feel better about the loss, he wasn't going to let it get to him. It's not like this was his first major loss.

However, upon looking up confidently, he was suddenly left breathless, due to the stunning appearance of a certain young lady approaching.

"Ana...!" At this point, he also couldn't help but smile at the arrival of his daughter. Though she'd certainly changed a lot in recent time, she was still little Ana to him.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Anastasia Sheel

One by one various couples went up on stage and had put on a routine for the crowd among the chorus of cheers, both stemming from good performances and an overabundance of alcohol. The crowd's mood were especially light, and the throng of people cheered as couples continued to go up on stage one after the other. Anastasia was curious about it, and not only did she want to see some of her fellow guild mates performances, she too wanted to do something specific.

Kin had called out to her just then, and waving towards him, Anastasia made her way through the crowd to finally stand in front of her foster father. She smiled widely as she patted down her dress, making sure it looked perfect, and ensuring all the various bows and ties on it were neat and proper.

"What do you think?" Anastasia asked as she spun around once, letting the wind rustle through her clothes. "Nyaoko let me borrow these. They are from her homeland of Aztia. Its the traditional garb used by her people, and because Ternadan is supposed to be the melting pot of the country, I think these suite me well."

Linwelin

Kin found hit hard to get any words out at first, still in a bit of shock at her arrival. Finally, he chuckled, "Well, ya left me speechless, if that tells ya anything. It suits ya well, as ya thought." His stance and expression made his fatherly pride apparent. "So? What's the matter?"

A sudden look of realization showed on his face as he realized she was present at the couple's dance. "Ye've not been wooed, have ya? Are ya planning to dance?" He began frantically peering around the area for any man who seemed familiar with Ana, and though there were a few gazes chased away, no one stepped forward. Like he'd accept just ANYONE to partner up with his little girl.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]