[Feu] Assistance

Started by Throndir, July 11, 2017, 12:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteFeu only. Introductory/warm up roleplay and familiarization.

You found yourself on the eastern part of the kingdom, making your way to one of the towns primarily occupied by humans. Your particular destination was a small village. Not quite as far as the eastern settlement of Powderkeg, still further from the town of Halsen, but still very much within the borders of the nation and the untamed lands between Korinthia and Lorule. The village had requested for aid, and you had been contacted, being the closest to the small village at the time, and had promptly started making your way to it.

There wasn't much they they had given you. Only that they suspected monsters to be in thicker concentrations than prior, and wanted aid in training their militia to handle their weapons better, or even help them with preparations for their town. You weren't entirely sure how much you can do to help the militia themselves, but you realized that perhaps more of your fellow guild members would arrive anyways.

It was there, further in the distance that you saw the village. It was the small village of Deller's Rock, but what alerted you the most was a large amount of smoke coming form the village in the distance.

kitkat27

As I was on my way to the town, a big mushroom of smoke coming from Deller's Rock caught my eye. I knew I have a destination set in my mind, but my curiosity got the best of me. I want to go and find out what has caused this big amount of smoke. I couldn't let it go.

I need to get there and find out what's happening. I have all my stuff inside my backpack, but I thought in case I should need it, I should have it readily available to me, so I took the bundle of rope out from my bag and now have it in hand. I changed course and headed out to this nearby village instead. I continued walking closer to it, but now heightening my senses for anything that might befall me.

Throndir

[info]Roll perception for me.[/info]

kitkat27

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19[/blockquote]

Survival:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]

Throndir

As you started walking towards the village, it was then that you notice tracks coming from the forest, off the road, merging into the road itself. The ground was flattened, with lots of the grasses and shrubbery that looked to be evidently stepped on. You couldn't quite tell how many had gone through however.

kitkat27

I slowly approached the tracks to see how they look, their shape, hoping to kind of have even an inkling of who or what made them. The thought of what kind of creature did them made me kind of uneasy, but I am still set on finding out what had caused the smoke in that village, so I continued walking towards it while still on alert mode.

kitkat27

Knowledge (nature):

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote]

Throndir

Looking at the various tracks, you realize that it was many creatures that had walked through here. Or rather, stormed through. The way the foliage was trampled on, and the fact that hardly any space was left untouched, made you think that a lot of sets of feet had gone by. From the looks of it as well, it looked like they were in a rush.

Making your way closer to the village, the cause of the smoke was clear. There was fire burning through most of the buildings, and you seem to see what look to be bodies strewn across the road. The various windmills of the farming village were blaze, along with the rest of the structures that you were able to see. Save for the blazing fires, and wind that caused them to dance, there wasn't anything else that moved. You were still around 200 ft. away from the town, and you had to get closer to figure anything else out.

kitkat27

Seeing the big picture, I wondered if there were still any creature alive in this hell-like sight. As I don't see anything moving nor hear any weird sound from anywhere, save for the crackling of the fire burning the place down, I decided to move closer to the village. I squinted and looked around for anything near me where I can hide behind and saw a hedge of bushes 150 meters from the village, before the windmills. I headed out for it and hid behind it, so I can better examine the area. From this vantage point, I can see more details than from where I was.

Throndir

[info]Feu to roll perception.[/info]

kitkat27

Perception:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 15 + 8, total 23[/blockquote]

Throndir

The road was strewn with various corpses. Old men, women, mothers, fathers, each of them had weapons of some sort, primarily spears, and pitchforks. There was blood on their bodies, and their clothes were stained red. Unless you examine the bodies yourself however, you're not sure of how long since they died, nor were you certain on their exact cause of death. Almost all of the buildings were in a blaze, with the remaining few that weren't, would have soon started catching on fire as well. Aside from that, many of the dry shrubbery and stacks of hay had caught fire as well, only adding to the fuel.

You barely managed to hear it. But even with the roaring of the flames from the buildings before you. You heard what sounded like the cries of a child, coming from the building directly across you. One problem however; the building was on fire.

kitkat27

As I was walking along the road, the hair on my body stood on their ends. How terrible the tragedy that has befallen this village! I felt so bad for each and every one of the corpses laying on the roads. And then as I was indulging in the melancholy, I heard it. A child's cries. It was faint, but I kept walking, and as I did, the sound became louder. I'm getting nearer to where it's from. It was coming from that building in front of me. I became suddenly concerned.

The reason I carried on up till this point is because of hopes of finding a survivor, and now there is one. But how do I get in and out of there with that child safely? The monstrous fire was blazing and slowly engulfing the building. I changed myself to a normal human size. The enormity of the building and its current situation poses a real threat if I go into it in my real size.

Then, figuring out I should have some protection before I enter the building, I took out the blanket in my bag and wrapped it around myself. Now I needed it to get the blanket wet, so I cast the Create Water spell on myself twice for the blanket to be wet enough to protect me. After which, I began to head for the building's main entrance.

Throndir

[okay]Treating your attempts to fire protection as a Fire Resistance of 2.[/okay]Wrapping yourself up in the wet and soaking blanket, and likewise, using it to block any of the smoke. You began dashing into the burning building. The fires were intense, and you felt keenly the pain of heat, but your preparations helped prevent it to be worse.

[error]Feu takes 1 fire damage.[/error]The cries got louder and louder. As you bend the corner from the hallway, you see where it was coming from. There was a child, a young girl, with a woman on top of her. There was blood streaked throughout the child's face and clothes, and so too was the woman you presumed to be her mother. You weren't sure of the status of the woman, but at the very least, she laid still even as the child continued to wail.

The little girl began to cough then as well, and the fires behind you continued to creep up even closer.

QuoteDamage Taken/Status
Feu: 1

kitkat27

I quickly got to the woman on top of her and checked for any signs of life, but unfortunately she's been dead for a little while. I recognize that I should move fast and get the girl and myself out of this place immediately.This kind of situation needs fast decision-making. The fires are getting more aggressive and my blanket immediately started to dry, so I created water again to wet myself and pulled the girl with me inside the blanket.