Heartbreak

Started by Lia Starweaver, June 27, 2016, 02:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lia Starweaver

There was a light knock on Kryas' door, as a set of lithe hands patted on the door. It was from Lia, and unlike her usual robustness, for some reason today her tapping was light.

"A-are you- there?" Her voice seemed to crack, as if from stress. There was a sound of sniffling as well.

Mysticsage

"Come in, the door is unlocked." called Kryas the sounds of tuning instruments coming through the oak door. Kryas' and Vlad's room could anywhere from incredibly tidy to a complete disaster depending on the mood of its inhabitants. Right now the room was somewhere in between. As the myriad of Kryas' instruments lay out in various states of undress. Currently the half elf was lovingly polishing a lyre that was missing its strings his hair tied up away from his face in a small ponytail.

"Oh, Hello Lia!." he smiled as he saw her enter. "Pardon the mess I'm in the middle of giving these guys a bit of affection do you need something?"

Lia Starweaver

The door proceeded to open, Lia appeared. Gone was her usual cheeriness, or bubbly step in her gait, instead they were replaced by much the opposite. Her shoulder slumped, her eyes were full of fresh tears, her nose was runny which caused her to continue to sniffle, and her eyes were red. She seemed to make quiet crying sounds, and it was easy to tell that Lia was fighting to hold off more tears.

The proud archer looked like a complete mess.

Mysticsage

"Lia what's the matter?"Realizing her distress Kryas' smile faltered as he stood from his spot and led her to the desk chair he had been using. "Everything all right no one's been bullying you have they?" he said pulling out a handkerchief and giving it to the girl to help dry her tears.

Lia Starweaver

"W-well you see..." Lia began as she began searching for the words and formulating her thoughts into something coherent. She breathed in deeply to try to calm her voice enough to explain.

"There's this guy, I told him I liked him and- and..." She began sniffling again as her face scrunched up. She began crying then in her soft wailing, and it took a few more moments for her to calm again. When she wiped her eyes, though they were still red and puffy, they glowed in anger.

And the jerk just shot me down! Saying I was too crass and insensitive!" She recounted. The ire in her voice easy to pick up.

"Crass and insensitive my ass!"

Mysticsage

"Lia listen, a good relationship is like a ghood song if the Harmony and Melody don't synchronize then all that comes of it is pain and suffering for the audience and the performers. You need to find someone to date that can compliment you tempo as much as you do theirs. Trying to push things to far just ends up in a mess." He paused for a moment putting a friendly hand on her shoulder.

"But the key to any relationship is communication, did you actually try talking and getting to know this boy boy before you confessed or just daydream about him?" Asked Kryas guessing at the problem.

Lia Starweaver

At this, Lia was taken aback. Her eyes lowered as she began looking at her own feet, and when Kryas asked his question, Lia could only respond half-heartedly.

"No, I haven't really talked to him..." Lia admitted. "He was just kinda cute... B-but-"

She breathed in deeply and exhaled again, looking at Kryas directly.

"It's not fair... I'm pretty right? That maid in the guild has all the guys fawning over her, not to mention the looks Annia gets. She's just too dense to notice it." She looked to the ground again.

"I thought he would say yes at least." She sniffled slightly, though she wasn't crying as much as she was just moments ago.

Mysticsage

"Say Yes to what Lia, what did you want from the poor boy? A date? Marriage?" Kryas could not help but chuckle, "Love is a loud thing and there is no shame in getting it rejected. You just have to be willing to bounce back again. If you want a boy to sing his song with you though I suggest you take the long approach. Meet people, talk to them, get to know how they work first learning how to approach someone and learn from them are key skills for any archer as well right. You just need more experience is all. Take me for instance there would be no way that someone like Serena would have even taken the time to notice me if I was not confident in myself and willing to try and understand her regardless if I got hurt for it.

"There are things you can do you know to help practice communicating and putting yourself out there."

Lia Starweaver

The elf puffed up her cheeks in defeat. She was raised by the guild for the most part, and once she was able to convince her parents to do so, she left for her travels out in the world. It didn't give her a lot of experience with boys or many other social settings, apart from the gatherings of members from the Wayward Path. The guy was cute! Wasn't that enough? He didn't have to reject her like that. She was getting angry just thinking about it.

"You can probably get all the girls to swoon for you, Kryas." Lia stated. "So what do I do? It's not just about looking pretty is it?" She asked in earnest.

Mysticsage

Kryas laughed at the comment "No, first we need to get you used to actually talking to people. I'd offer putting you in one of my performances but that won't really get at the heart of the problem."

He trailed off in thought for a moment thinking and then hit his fist into his other hand as he was struck with inspiration. "There is a church not to far from here that let's Serena worship her God when there is not a service. The head priestess there is a kind woman who runs an orphanage for young street kids. She helps feed them and teach them and is always looking for help. Normally Golas goes there early in the morning to play with them when he thinks no one from the guild will notice him missing. Why not tag along with him tomorrow? Little kids are harder to talk to and get you like you then most adults but they don't care much about manners or fancy stuff. If you can learn to talk to and get to know those kids it would be a great way to start."

Lia Starweaver

"Kids?" Lia asked questioningly. "That sounds awfully like jailbait..." She narrowed her eyes as she considered Kryas, but she didn't see any reason for the bard to lead her astray. It was indeed true that she had no knowledge or skills with talking to others. Apart from her time as a child herself playing in the streets of Ternadan, she didn't have much experience with the young ones either.

"And that will help me land boys?" Lia didn't sound so convinced, but she eventually wiped away the rest of her tears.

"I'm not so sure, Kryas... I don't even talk to children much these days."

Mysticsage

"That's the point, Lia, how many people do you just talk to these days without wanting to hit on them?" Kryas chuckled. "If you can hold a conversation with a kid for longer than a few minutes then you are on the road to being able to talk to guys." Kryas then leaned into her conspiratorially pretending to look in both ways before speaking again.

"And don't let any man realize you know this secret, but most men's thinking does not get past those teenage years at the core. Men by and large are more emotional beings than we let on."  Kryas said with a smirk. "Besides what's the worse that could happen either you enjoy yourself and end up learning something after a few weeks or you just stop going, Nothing is going to force you to go if things don't work out even trying something like this is admirable and something you can sell a date with." Kryas said with a wink

"Plenty of men enjoy a woman with a bleeding heart. So really its a win win scenario on your end if you just stick with my plans for a few weeks. What harm could it do?"