[Scene] Takeo's Investigation

Started by Throndir, June 15, 2016, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Takes place about 6 months before the Tournament of Ternadan[/info]
At the noble's district of the city of Ternadan was a large, lustrous, and pearl-white building. The architecture differed from the surrounding buildings, and a keen observer could even argue that it was more elegant and more refined than any other building in the particularly rich district. Arcs and spires adorned the building that served both as a decorative purpose, and practical support for the high ceilings and overhanging arches. Flags were draped over the various windows of the building, as well as one large banner at the top of the building's entrance; it was a picture of a white raven tinted a slight yellow glow from the evening sun.

A particular white-winged individual sat on one of the overhanging arches, looking down towards their courtyard.

"You've been out for awhile, Takeo." She said. Her skin was fair, pale even, and her flowing hair matched as well. They were a very light blonde, in certain conditions it may have even looked white. But it was her striking red eyes that was the most noticeable, not to mention the white and feathery wings that spanned her back.

"I was investigating, Sena." The voice that responded back came curtly, in an almost no-nonsense tone of voice. He wore a heavy set of armor, though draped on top was a flowing trenchcoat, which too had an emblem of a white raven. His gait was lithe, and even though he wore all that armor, he seemed to be comfortable both wearing it and moving in it.

"Investigating?" Sena echoed playfully at first, but her tone of voice took on a serious edge shortly after. "About the events in the city I presume?"

Takeo had stopped walking, paused, and looked up towards Sena. He didn't say anything at first, only nodding curtly, but soon enough confirmed Sena's thoughts.

"Precisely. It's been months since, and it feels as if nothing has changed, or moved at all, but someone has been playing their pieces, so to speak, we just don't know what." Takeo said. "It's as if the moment I get close to figuring something out, it turns out to simply be a dead end, or seemingly nothing, such as the case with that girl now named Anastasia."

Sena perked up, and opened her mouth as if to say something, but Takeo continued.

"She looks much older now, fifteen or even sixteen years old just from her looks. But I've sensed nothing out of the ordinary, nor has those from Galas'nor given me any reason to doubt my observations. One of their wizards too had decided to take her under their apprenticeship as well, and apart from the mistakes many young magelings bring forth, there really isn't anything entirely out of place."

The swordsman sighed.

"I may have a new lead however." Takeo picked up his pace again as he began almost talking to himself.

"Some sort of gathering among them, a cult of some sort?" He furrowed his eyebrows, but lowered his voice as he continued his muttering. "No... a club? Something about the halfling. Hmm."

Sena simply watched as the swordsmen eventually disappeared through the entrance of their own guild hall. Once he was out of sight, Sena, could of course, still hear the swordsman's constant thinking out loud. He'd been investigating for what seemed like over half a year already, and likely, he'd continue it just the same. Sena was interested of course, but unlike Takeo who took things too seriously, she was more carefree about it.

The evening sun had just begun to set after all, and her perch from atop the White Ravens guild hall overlooking the tidy district was perhaps one of the best ones in the city to view a sunset. She decided earlier that she wouldn't miss this moment.

"Just hope you won't be too late Takeo."