[Vladimir] Challenge Ladder

Started by Throndir, May 28, 2016, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

As the arena opened up, you see some sort of kitty 115 ft. away.

Roll for initiative! (And perform)

Linwelin

"I'm no stranger to hunting animals, but this doesn't feel right." Vladimir sizes up his 'opponent' from across the way. "The only thing going for it is that it's quick, so I should probably limber up."

Vladimir begins doing a sort of martial dance, which seems designed to stretch and test all the muscles he might ever use in a fight. Though efficient, it was a remarkably practiced and artful action. As soon as that was complete, he swiftly moved forward, drawing both of his blades as he approached the creature.

[info]Vladimir does a double move charge. No attack action, if in range.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Rolls:
[blockquote]Perform(Dance):  1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]You can roll a straight CHA check[/info]

The cat starts running towards you, ending about 70 ft. away. Shortly after you charge forward as well. The cat is 10 ft. away.

[info]Round 1 ends.[/info]

Throndir

The cat moves up and pounces. It managed to land a bite, but its two claws missed.

[error]Vladimir takes 5 damage.[/error]

Throndir

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Audience attitude improves.
Cat moves up.
Vladimir moves up.
Round 1 ends.
Cat attacks Vladimir dealing 5 damage.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Friendly[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Enemy
Player
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0,
Enemy: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Player to take their turn.

Linwelin

[info]Since you said "Perform" I'd assumed that using Perform (dance) was allowed? Well, I'll roll Charisma anyways, just in case

[blockquote]Charisma:  1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote][/info]

"..."

Vladimir was silent as the cat pounced toward him, even through the bite. He was surprised that the cat had manged to bite him at all, considering his own fighting experience. If felines had one thing to brag about, it was their agility. But that bite, successful as it might have been, left an opening that Vladimir was happy to exploit. Right as the cat was landing, while still mid-air, Vladimir lashed out with both of his blades, aiming for the creature's neck and abdomen.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Damage 1:  1d6+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 2:  1d4+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Critical confirm:  1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Bonus damage:  1d6+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Bonus sneak attack damage:  4d6 : 5, 1, 5, 1, total 12[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Oh right, yeah Perform (dance) counts.[/info]

Your weapons connected solidly, and you would have probably ended up beheading the cat if not for a flash of light that marked its teleportation out.

[info]Assuming you want to head straight to Tier 2. If you want to refresh instead let me know. Note daily abilities are still used and unhealed damage still apply. You may choose to buy and use healing potions in between rounds, feel free to roll here, and update your gold sheet/inventory.[/info]

An hour later, as the next round was prepared, you see in the distance what looked to be a robed figure, covered from brownish-black clothing. Apart from that, it was still too far to get any more details.

[info]Roll some sort of thing to get the crowd going, and roll initiative.[/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Perform (dance):  1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Katrias Lyseer

"One one side we have a hooded guy." An awfully familiar voice resounded from the announcer. "And the other side we have another hooded guy. Who will win a fight between two stabbies?"

There was a pause, but with the audience so few no one really responded, except for some half-hearted yells.

"The one with my enchantments of course."

You see some sort of darkness appear around your opponent. It spread 20 ft. away. He began closing the gap however as he drew his blades out. You couldn't help but notice that the figure seemed to melt into the darkness around him.

[info]Enemy is 85 ft. away.
Player to roll perception, and take their turn.[/info]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Linwelin

Vladimir grins at his opponent's surroundings. Perfect.

The methuselan would soon be in his element, and without hesitation ran straight toward the darkened area. "Good luck finding me." He said as he plunged into the darkness.

[info]Vladimir runs into the darkened area. Ring of Darkhidden activates, Vladimir is now invisible. I'm assuming the darkness is magical, and thus dark vision doesn't work. But if it does, I can see clearly.

If not:
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

You see the creature clearly, your darkvision accustomed to the lighting that the opponent gave off. That didn't stop the enemy from running towards you as fast as it can go, with its dagger leading out. It jumped up, twirling as it brought the dagger up to you. But you already saw the move coming and easily got out of the way.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Enemy moves closer. Enemy is 85 ft. away.
Player moves closer. Enemy is 25 ft. away.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins
Enemy charges in and attacks and misses.
[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Player: Friendly[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Enemy
Player
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Player: 0,
Enemy: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler]Player: [/spoiler]

Refreshes Remaining: 6

Player to take their turn.

Linwelin

"That was rather reckless, wasn't it?" Vladimir spoke in a dangerously soft tone to the creature as he replied with two strikes of his own. He had dodged out of the way and around his foe's strike, leaving him standing in range of its back. Vladimir swung his kukri down into the small being's shoulder, aiming to have it bite deep, then thrust with his rapier, intent on skewering through the spine.

[info]Vladimir does a full-round attack with both weapons.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_