Katrias in the Hospital Ward

Started by Katrias Lyseer, May 27, 2016, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrias Lyseer

[info]Takes place after the Semifinals of the Tournament of Ternadan. Katrias was just destroyed in round 1 of combat.[/info]

"That was a crappy way to go out." Katrias said to herself once she finally regained consciousness. The first thing she saw was a blank and white ceiling. And once the rest of the room was pulled into focus, did she realize that this must have been the hospital ward of the arena. It was relatively peaceful, there was no other patients in after all, though she did notice a couple of other beds on either side of her. There were no staff either or anyone else about. Due to the fact there were no windows, Katrias wondered how long she was unconscious.

She felt her seemingly stiff joints clumsily move, though she figured it was more of the fact that she wasn't quite sure how much injuries she took, or even how much healing the tournament's clerics were able to apply. Either way she was covered in bandages - the material wrap around her body like some sort of cocoon. She made a half-attempt at shrugging but eventually relaxed to rest warmly in her hospital bed.

Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Anastasia Sheel

"Are you okay?" A familiar and gentle voice sounded form near the hospital ward's entrance. It was Anastasia, Katrias' apprentice. The girl moved towards the hospital bed, checking up on Katrias. When she finally arrived, their eyes met as Anastasia stood standing beside her bed.

Katrias Lyseer

"Yes. I'm feeling fit as a fiddle." Katrias responded sarcastically as she looked up. Her voice was flat as usual. There was a long silence as the two of them just passed the time. It seemed as both wanted to say something, but nothing was spoken. Eventually, Katrias turned her attention to Anastasia, and regarded her apprentice for a moment, examining her carefully.

"Did you grow another few inches since the tournament started?" Katrias asked breaking the silence. "I swear you keep growing. You've already surpassed me in height." It was true, only a year ago Anastasia looked like a 10-year old. And now, just looking at her, she would be around 18.

"And I'm sure you surpassed me in other things too."

She stared at Anastasia's chest specifically.

Anastasia Sheel

"N-no..." Anastasia responded as she held her arms to her chest. The reference to them caught her by surprise. She immediately turned red, and out of habit, flustered, she instead replied back to Katrias through a mindlink.

I'm sorry Katrias! It's not my fault I'm like this... I can't help it that I have these and-

Katrias Lyseer

"And that I'm flat?" Katrias finished for her, finishing the thought, saying it out-loud. Anastasia had the habit of talking to others psionically, though Katrias had been trying to get her to actually talk more often.

"You even look older than me too." Katrias said a moment after. "You were just a kid a year ago, you know. A quiet little kid. Hardly spoke a thing. Wide-eyed about everything. Completely attached to a particular halfling." The wizard glanced at the Kin's Fan Club membership card proudly attached to Anastasia's jacket.

"Well, some things never change."

Anastasia Sheel

Anastasia rubbed her cheeks, trying to prevent her flush from getting any worse. At least Katrias had begun talking about the past. That was always a calming subject.

Katrias Lyseer

This time Katrias pointed at Anastasia's breasts.

"And some things... they get larger."

Anastasia Sheel

"Geez!" Anastasia said, puffing her cheeks angrily.

A moment later however she sighed. She was worried that Katrias would have taken the loss poorly. She never knew her master to take defeat so easily after all, but if she was able to be so light about it, then that was a good thing.

[spoiler]
If anything, Anastasia was glad.
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Well you two seem to be having a bit of fun." Kin blurts from the doorway, having wandered from his own room practically minutes after he was patched up. He's keeping himself steady on a single crutch, with bandages around 50 percent of his body. It certainly wasn't a pretty sight to behold, but nonetheless the halfling was grinning his usual smile. He was still inwardly disturbed by his lack of combat prowess in the previous match, but he wasn't about to outwardly show it. Of course, he knew keeping such a front with Ana was useless.

"How're you holding up, Kitty? That was a pretty brutal way to go."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"I know, right?" A familiar voice called out, as a certain precocious elf peeked out from behind the halfling standing behind the door that was behind the people that were behind it all. "That was downright terrible."

"Who could even DO something like that to you?"
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Katrias Lyseer

"Brutal? I didn't even get a chance to act. I'm so very glad the organizers gave me a chance to prepare something first." Katrias replied, her voice full of sarcasm.

She sighed as she looked on at the halfling.

"You're looking pretty good yourself." She paused a moment later considering all the bandages around her. "I'm not one to talk though. Am I?"

When Lyolf had come in, Katrias scoffed at his remark.

"Oh yes indeed, who could have done such a thing." She rolled her eyes, but continued resting on the bed.

Anastasia Sheel

The psion bit her lip. She didn't have to read minds to realize things might potentially explode into part two of the tournament. Lyolf's carefree attitude, the way he strode in with his raven, the ever-so-familiar half smile. It was all the signs of Lyolf's rather pointed attempts at jest, and for all the time she spent observing him, she understood that Lyolf was a prankster. It wasn't quite similar to Callsta's, and if Anastasia had to put a category to it, she'd say it would be darker.

She shivered.

They're not gonna fight again are they?