[IC] Kin's Fan Club vs Lyolf's Legion

Started by Throndir, May 07, 2016, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Kin watches as Katrias is painfully dispatched by his two foes. "Why in the nine hells did everyone who screamed about attacking me end up attacking a young girl instead? Intimidated? Confused? Either way, Kitty didn't deserve that. Jerks." Kin sizes up hit possible targets quickly. Lyolf managed to dodge all his movements, which Kin decided was normal for a slippery individual like him. But the halfling didn't want to risk getting hit in the back while not dealing damage in return. Zultar seemed to not be mindful his defenses nearly as much, but getting past Lyolf risked a positional disadvantage. Kin looked to Lyolf, "Guess I'm stuck with you."

Kin ducks low for a moment, then rolls around Lyolf, making a precise strike while the magus is caught unaware. He keeps his eyes on the other two opponents, making sure to not roll closer to them if he can help it.

[info]Using Acrobatics to move around Lyolf's square once (10ft of movement, DC 18, Lyolf's CMD). This is on whatever side is furthest from Markus, I can't look at the map now.

Kin then uses Offensive Roll, Acrobatics v AC strike (not full attack), if success opponent is flat-footed and takes an extra +1d6 from the attack.

Note: Kin is currently effected by Blur. 20% miss chance on attacks against him.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Acrobatics to avoid attacks of opportunity (DC 18):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 4 + 17, total 21[/blockquote]

Acrobatics to strike v Lyolf's AC:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 3 + 17, total 20[/blockquote]

Damage:
[blockquote]Greatsword:  2d6+7 : 5, 5 + 7, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Lightning+Sneak Attack+Deadly Strike+Bonus:  5d6 : 3, 1, 5, 2, 4, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteGrid Map: Roll20.net

Battle Log
[spoiler]Lyolf moves 30 ft. north, activates murderous insight (1 ki) and fading strike, and attacks Katrias dealing 17 damage.
Kin uses Leaping Dragon, then full round attacks Lyolf, all missing.
Zultar charges 40 ft., activates power attack and shard, then attacks and crits Katrias dealing 50 damage.
Audience attitude increases for Lyolf's Legion.
Markus charges 40 ft. and attacks Roxanne, crits Roxanne dealing 15 damage.
Audience attitude increases for Lyolf's Legion - but already maxed.
Roxanne summons America, and has them and Bloop to attack Markus, dealing altogether 11 damage.
Round 1 ends and Round 2 begins.
Kin attacks Lyolf, all missing.[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Kin's Fan Club: Friendly
Lyolf's Legion: Helpful[/spoiler]

Guild Member Votes
[spoiler]Kin's Fan Club: 1
Lyolf's Legion: 0[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Lyolf: 28
Kin: 25
Markus: 25
Zultar: 21
Katrias: 18
Foxy: 14[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Lyolf: 0, scarlet einhander, murderous insight (4 rounds remaining).
Kin: 0, formless dance
Markus: 11
Zultar: 0
Katrias: 67
Foxy: 15[/spoiler]

Resources Spent
[spoiler]Lyolf: 1 ki
Kin:
Markus:
Zultar:
Katrias:
Foxy:[/spoiler]

Lyolf or Markus to take their turns.

Dan-e

"Oh no" muttered Markus "Avians everywhere! Better take cover Charles this is turning into a dangerous situation quick!!" as Markus steps backwards and draws his rapier and short sword.

Markus then squares up to one of the eagles and thrusts his rapier at it.
To hit;
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25[/blockquote]

Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+2 : 2 + 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Throndir

Battle Log
[spoiler]Lyolf moves 30 ft. north, activates murderous insight (1 ki) and fading strike, and attacks Katrias dealing 17 damage.
Zultar charges 40 ft., activates power attack and shard, then attacks and crits Katrias dealing 50 damage.
Roxanne summons America, and has them and Bloop to attack Markus, dealing altogether 11 damage.
Kin attacks Lyolf, all missing.[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Guild Member Votes

Initiative Order
Foxy: 14[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Lyolf: 0, scarlet einhander, murderous insight (4 rounds remaining).
Foxy: 15
Eagle 1: 4
Eagle 2:
Eagle 3:[/spoiler]

Resources Spent
Kin:
Markus:
Zultar:
Katrias:
Foxy:[/spoiler]

Lyolf or Zultar to take their turns.

Lance

"You know, Kin, if I didn't know better, I'd almost think you didn't like me!" Lyolf joyfully exclaimed whilst evading the halfling's latest flurry of attacks with practiced ease. Such scenes may or may not have happened on a daily basis, after all, so dodging Azure Fury's many strikes now seemed like second-nature to the elf.

However, as if recalling previous events with sudden vividness, Lyolf's expression became dramatically downcast.

"That... couldn't be true could it? Is it my height? Does my height offend you, Roomie?" Lyolf asked plaintively. "Well that's hardly fair since I can't help but be taller than you."

"Alas, I can only marvel at the wonders of being short. The world must look oh so very big in your tiny, tiny eyes. Do remind me to question you further on the matter later on. I mean, it must be absolutely amazing to be short given your generally docile temperament."

The elven magus sighed.

"...But you know what?" Lyolf continued, his eyes aglow. "Tall people have a perk of their own!"

"Greater reach."

[spoiler=Actions]
Initial Stance: Scarlet Einhander

Swift Action: Using 1 Arcane point to turn his +3 blade into a +5 blade via the Magus Arcane Pool
Free Action: Taking a 5 ft step NW, so that he is 10 ft North of Kin
Full-Round Action: Activating Spell Combat to cast Long Arm and attack Kin at a -2 Penalty

[spoiler=Scarlet Einhander]
Discipline: Scarlet Throne (Stance); Level: 1
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Stance

DESCRIPTION

By adopting this stance, the disciple presents a slim profile to his foes, holding his weapon low and one- handed, and leads with his blade in an elegant and graceful manner, his strikes strong and his profile aiding him in defense. When wielding a melee weapon in one hand, the initiator presents a slim profile with strong offensive and defensive ability. The initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his Armor Class and inflicts an additional 1d6 points of damage while in this stance. The shield bonus granted by this stance increases by +1 when the character's initiator level reaches 6th, and increases again by +1 at 12th and 18th initiator level. Upon reaching 10th initiator level, the bonus damage increases to 2d6
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Arcane Pool]
At 1st level, the magus gains a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that he can draw upon to fuel his powers and enhance his weapon. This arcane pool has a number of points equal to 1/2 his magus level (minimum 1) + his Intelligence modifier. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.

At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.

At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal.

Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property's base price modifier. These properties are added to any the weapon already has, but duplicates do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. These bonuses and properties are decided when the arcane pool point is spent and cannot be changed until the next time the magus uses this ability. These bonuses do not function if the weapon is wielded by anyone other than the magus.

A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spell Combat]
At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Long Arm]
School transmutation; Level alchemist 1, bloodrager 1, magus 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, summoner/unchained summoner 1, witch 1

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT

Range personal
Target you
Duration 1 minute/level (D)

DESCRIPTION

Your arms temporarily grow in length, increasing your reach with those limbs by 5 feet.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Lance

"Behold, the power of height!"

[error]
Attack (Weapon) <+2 Arcane Pool, -2 Spell Combat, +2 Helpful Crowd>: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 6 + 14, total 20[/blockquote]
Murderous Insight: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 1 + 14, total 15[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon) <+2 Arcane Pool, +2 Helpful Crowd>: [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+12 : 4 + 12, total 16[/blockquote]
Damage (Elemental Assault: Fire): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Damage (Scarlet Einhander): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[/error]

Throndir

Battle Log
Kin attacks Lyolf, all missing.
Lyolf attacks Kin, missing.[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Guild Member Votes

Initiative Order
Roxanne: 14[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Lyolf: 0, scarlet einhander, murderous insight (3 rounds remaining), long reach (1 min/level -0 rounds).
Roxanne: 15
Eagle 2:

Resources Spent
Kin:
Markus:
Zultar:
Katrias:
Roxanne:[/spoiler]

Zultar or Roxanne to take their turns.
Also I need to note, you do not gain ant mechanical bonuses for the audience favor rating.

Throndir

[info]Tomorrow at 8 PM PST, will be allowing Lyolf to post as well. Go ahead and just roll dice if you can't find the time to write![/info]

FoxyPox

*Roxy skedaddles off into the furthest edge of the arena. Fast Food, Long Lines and Paperwork would buy her enough time to lick her wounds, and would have the perfect opportunity to retaliate against anyone chasing after her.  After squiggling away, she draws a square chalk circle in the dust and pounds her scythe rhythmically.

[spoiler=Roxy's Shenanigans.]
"Now, three steps to the right!"
Moving as far right as I can. Down a bit too. So that's like... twenty feet? twenty five? I can't math today, too tired. Moved the thingy, though.

Then casting cure light wounds on myself. Hopefully then, I can survive another smack in the face.
Concentration [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]
Amount [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Income Tax, Social Security and Medicare continue wailing on Markus. So does Bloop. He's right there, so obviously. Not gonna run five miles to bite some other guy when there's juicy meat right in front of yous~

Or it's retaliation for whipping Roxy. That's probably the other half of the equation.
[spoiler=Murica Throwing dice.]
Full Attacks for Three Eagles:
Attack Roll: {+2 From Dex. +2 From Flanking.}
Eagle 1
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]
Eagle 2
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
Eagle 3
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
Damage Roll {+2 from Dex. 2 Talons +3, 1 Bite +3. That's a +5 right~? Nerf me if I'm wrong.}:
Eagle 1
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+5 : 2 + 5, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
Eagle 2
Eagle 3
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Bloop.]
Psst. I guess The Bloop was really an underwater Allosaurus.
Just kidding, it's actually
Attack Rolls. +2 From Strength, +3 Base Attack Bonus.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote]
Damage Rolls. One Bite, 1d6. Two Claws, 1d4. +2 From Strength.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteThere were some mistakes on the rolls above in terms of the modifiers, I just used the correct ones.

Grid Map: Roll20.net

Battle Log
Kin attacks Lyolf, all missing.
Lyolf attacks Kin, missing.
Roxanne moves south and casts cure light wounds healing 10 damage.
Eagles attack Markus, dealing 6 damage altogether.
Boop attacks but all misses.[/spoiler]

Audience Attitudes

Guild Member Votes

Initiative Order
Roxanne: 14[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Lyolf: 0, scarlet einhander, murderous insight (3 rounds remaining), long reach (1 min/level -0 rounds).
Markus: 17
Roxanne: 5
Eagle 2:

Resources Spent
Kin:
Markus:
Zultar:
Katrias:
Roxanne:[/spoiler]

Zultar to take their turns.

Zultar

Zultar figured Kin would be a very scary opponent to fight alone. Too many times, Zultar had seen him drop from heights that would break the bones of any other would-be rogue of similar skill. Kin was special, but so was Zultar, maybe a little more so in the head because of his zeal towards anything of meat, but maybe because Zultar actually thought, if but for a moment, properly in a fight, he might have a chance to best Kin-

I'LL CHARGE AT KIN AND EAT HIM!

But anyways, today is not that moment.

"KIN!" Zultar yelled, getting ready to butcher him like a cleaver through butter, butter that could even dodge. Course Zultar never actually struck him: instead, while yelling Kin's name in a threatening manner, Zultar mindlessly moved as far away from him as he could within an instant. Who cares what Kin does? Leave it to that strange shadow lover Lyolf. They can play magic tricks together, Zultar pictured them frolicking in the gardens of Galas'nor while they played and laughed and almost nonchalantly cut each other down with innocent smiles on their faces. He could imagine Lyolf quite easily, but Kin? No-

He was the devil.

Creepy Kin. Creepy Lyolf. Go make hand shadow's as I eat your face off.

And so with these judgmental remarks, Zultar ran in the complete opposite direction at full speed.

[spoiler]Note: I am not a DnD'r. Nor is Lance here right now. Correct my rainbows as needed.

I will want to run as far away from Kin as possible (because he's scary) and so I will move 40ft DIRECTLY right (towards Roxanne).
This should trigger an attack of opportunity from Kin, but Zultar really doesn't care! If there happens to be any other attacks of opportunity against me, Zultar will face tank it :| [/spoiler]

"I'LL GEEEEEET YOOUUU, KIIIINNNNnn!-" Zultar's screams echoed far from both Lyolf and Kin as Zultar charged towards Roxanne. Because, at the moment, Zultar wanted to rid the idiotic image of Kin looming on his mind. What better way than smacking some good ol foxes? Perfect sense.

Linwelin

"If you're gonna keep yelling about attacking me, then just DO IT FOR ONCE!" Kin yells in response to the passing goblin. "You damn goblin!" The halfling whirls around, attempting to meet the passerby with his blade.

[info]Kin takes the attack of opportunity against Zultar.
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6+7 : 6, 2, 1 + 7, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Lyolf or Kin to take their turns.[/info]

Lance

"KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!" Lyolf waved with great cheer. "If you like being attacked that badly... never took you for the type, by the way..."

[error]
Attack (+2 Arcane Pool, -2 Spell Combat, +2 Cat's Grace, +2 Helpful Crowd [if we're going by the rules you linked us at the start of the tourney]):[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 10 + 16, total 26[/blockquote]
Murderous Insight: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 7 + 16, total 23[/blockquote]
Damage (Weapon) [+2 Arcane Pool, +2 Cat's Grace, +2 Helpful Crowd]: [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+14 : 1 + 14, total 15[/blockquote]
Damage (Elemental Assault: Fire): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Damage (Scarlet Einhander): [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[/error]
And just in case...

[error]
Crit Confirm: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 4 + 14, total 18[/blockquote]
[/error]
"You're welcome."

[spoiler=Actions]
Initial Stance: Scarlet Einhander
Current Stance: Body of the Night

Full-Round Action: Using Spell Combat to cast Cat's Grace then attack Kin at a -2 Penalty
Free Action: Taking a 5 ft step NE
Swift Action: Switching stance to Body of the Night.

[spoiler=Body of the Night]
Discipline: Steel Serpent (Stance); Level: 1
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Stance

DESCRIPTION

A wielder of the secrets of Steel Serpent knows his body and how to use it effectively in the art of stealth. By learning to manipulate his ki flows to obscure his movements from sight and hearing, using his body- control to mask the signs of his passage. The disciple may add his ranks in the Heal skill to his ranks in the Stealth skill when making a Stealth check while in this stance as a competence bonus. While in this stance, when making an attack against a flat-footed opponent or one that has been denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, the disciple gains a +4 competence bonus to attack rolls and inflicts an additional 1d6 points of damage. This is a supernatural ability.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cat's Grace]
School transmutation; Level alchemist 2, bard 2, bloodrager 2, druid 2, magus 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, summoner/unchained summoner 2; Subdomain flowing 2; Elemental School wood 2

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (pinch of cat fur)

EFFECT
Range touch
Target creature touched
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
The transmuted creature becomes more graceful, agile, and coordinated. The spell grants a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, adding the usual benefits to AC, Reflex saves, and other uses of the Dexterity modifier.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]