[IC] Kin's Fan Club vs Lyolf's Legion

Started by Throndir, May 07, 2016, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The whole area was pitch black as you heard the groaning and rumbling of the arena morphing as it usually does. The announcers had mentioned that the arena will be larger and simpler than the previous ones, and you wondered what exactly that would mean. Soon enough however, the darkness cleared out, and before you was a large and dusty arena. Unlike in previous matches where the announcers and the audience were hidden from view, this time around you can see the spectators as well as hear the announcers' booming voices.

There were thousands in the audience, and though the arena was still smaller than the breadth of the entire arena, it was still pretty large, at least compared to the previous ones. If you were to estimate it was about twice as long as before.

"Give it up for Kin and his fan club!"

A roar of approval came from the audience.

"And give it up for Lyolf's Legion!"

There was another roar as the audience waited for the coming match.

"Give them hell! GIVE THEM DEATH!" The first announcer exclaimed exuberantly.

[info]Please register for roll20 if you haven't, and join this game to I can set permissions on the tokens. We'll just be using roll20 as the grid map and movements.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1403373/IoZDQQ

-Fight has not yet started, everyone to roll Charisma, or Perform (weapon drill), or anything, for crowd's initial reactions.
-Everyone to roll initiative.
-Characters who are not participating in this particular match can post in this thread as part of the audience and mention which group you are rooting for (or if you're keeping it private send me a PM). It'll be treated as slight gold bonuses for the team being cheered for, and freeform exp x5 for the character doing the cheering.
-No karma usage.
[/info]

Katrias Lyseer

The arcanist looked to his companions, then towards their competitors, then eventually to the audience around them.

"Umm. Yay." Katrias said raising a hand to the audience half-heartedly in an attempt to greet them.

"It's a fight. Amazing. And I'm even in..."

She glanced towards Kin.

"A fan club." Her voice was full of absolute loathing.
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Katrias Lyseer

[info]Rolling straight Charisma instead of Perform (weapon drill)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 1 - 1, total 0[/blockquote][/info]

Katrias Lyseer

[info]Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

"Oh, come on, Kit-kat! You know you love me! You belong in the club." Kin gives a side-long smirk, meeting her gaze before turning back to the crowd.

"Let's see if you can keep track of my movements THIS time, folks!" Kin lunges forward, drawing his sword and spinning himself in a back-flipping slash. He uses the sword's momentum from the upward strike to make the flip faster and returns with another diagonal upward cut at thin air, in the same spot. With the last of his momentum, he spins horizontally on him planted feet, pivoting to deliver a horizontal cut, then hefting his sword on his shoulder with a proud grin.

He then levels the blade, pointing it toward Lyolf. "I'm glad I finally get the opportunity to knock you senseless, you damned mage."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Considering his flashiest moments were acrobatics, I decided to to an acrobatic show for appeal. If it absolutely NEEDS to be a charisma check, I can roll something else.

[blockquote]Acrobatics:  1d20+17 : 20 + 17, total 37[/blockquote]

Initiative:
[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"ROOMIE!" The elf exclaimed while sending a cheerful wave across towards his opponents.

"How long's it been!? Weeks? Months? ...Years?"

"A couple hours, Lyolf." A raven responded flatly while perched atop its customary position on the elf's shoulder. It raised an eye at its owner's antics even as it continued pricking and preening its feathers relentlessly, seemingly never satisfied with the end result.

"You even wished him good luck this morning, remember?" The raven continued as it fully leveled its stare at the elf, hoping to jog the eccentric magi's memory with the tiny reminder however...

"Eh?"

The elf only looked more confused. "I don't recall wishing anyone good luck this morning but now that you mention it,,,"

[spoiler=Momentary Flashback]

"Leaving already, Kin?" Lyolf asked when he spotted a tell-tale figure leaving the room.
http://www.youtube.com/v/4vzOx0uGK6E&autoplay=1

"Try not to die!"

"Be graceful in defeat!"

"You can always try again NEXT YEAR!!"
[/spoiler]

"Ah, I remember now."

"Still, was it really only a couple hours? That's odd. It felt much longer than that."

Lyolf made a brief show of thinking about the strange anomaly before finally shrugging it off. His eyes sparked and his lips curved slowly into his trademark grin. It was a mischievous smile that seemed harmless at first, but many quickly learned to fear Lyolf's slight changes in expression as disaster lay often in its wake.

"But who am I to complain? To have this battlefield graced by my very own roommate – and in the semi-finals no less! Fate seems to be rather playful of late."

Lyolf chuckled.

"Though it's understandable given the current circumstances..."

"Let's have some fun beating each other senseless, Kin, because that's what friends do."

"They beat each other senseless."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Lance

"But if I recall correctly, this should be the first time any of you have seen me don my full armament."

[spoiler=How do I look?    ]
http://www.youtube.com/v/uCR7pXMTiwU&autoplay=1

[/spoiler]

[info]
Acrobatics (I can jump around too, Kin!): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 1 + 14, total 15[/blockquote]
Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]
[/info]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

FoxyPox

"Incomiiiing~!"

A ludicrously adorned Kitsune wearing a dress of thorns rolls out of the gate, prancing about and singing... some sort of gibberish in draconic. It sounds cool, okay!?

Perform (Oratory): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 8 + 12, total 20[/blockquote]
Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 15 - 1, total 14[/blockquote]

Zultar

Zultar gazed at the gauntlet in front of him. He had heard today was something special; surely it was with the audience mauling their drumsticks, men placing their bets on cups of biting wine and good camaraderie. Zultar paid no heed when a few audiences' eyes with fleeted glances slowly settled upon his stubby short stature. With the thoughts of supper in mind, nothing could distract him. Meals were not simple tasks of consuming calories, no-

If anything, they're sacred rituals to honor the meat that would later go into Zultar's stout belly.

Clearly then did dismay appear on the small orc's constipated face.

I just want my afternoon grub. Dumb Lyolf. But reward...could be MEAT.- Zultar drooled,

"KIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN! HOW DARE YOU PARTAKE IN MY MEAT!!!"

Zultar's deafening roars shook many-o-spectators. Why Kin's name was called was mostly anyone's guess, but Zultar knew deep down that he'd poke fun at him one day or another.

[spoiler]Intimidate: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24[/blockquote]
Initiative:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote]
Zultar also enters Rage :)[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Markus to roll CHA/Perform and Initiative.[/info]

FoxyPox

:O Roxy's got a rocket in her pocket, and itsa sock fulla shinies~ so add a +2 to that fabulous perform roll ^~^

Following Roxy's lyrical tirade on the social hierarchy of talc on the hardness scale (It really deserves more credit than it's got, ain't it?), an Allosaurus shoves itself through the gate shortly behind her. It stands behind her, menacing, imposing, bearing ridiculous pink, rosy-colored warpaint put on by yours truly. 

Roxy continues ranting in draconic, though running out of rhymes. She half-coughs and forces a few. It sort of works.

Dan-e

"Hmm another feat of combat... well perhaps this will earn a few more coins than those afternoon performances we have been putting on," Markus commented. Then glancing down at his centipede companion he jests "Perhaps this time you should put a little effort into it Charles!" while reaching for his crossbow.

Perform
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote]

Anastasia Sheel

When Kin's Fan Club was called out, Anastasia cheered. Though her voice probably wasn't as loud as the audience around her, she waved at the figures below trying to shout over the crowd. She knew them all of course, as both sides were on the guild of Galas'nor. Her mentor Katrias along with her adoptive father Kin were one one team, squaring off against uncle Lyolf.

They always butt heads, but this would be one of the few times they actually had a chance to draw their weapons against each other.

Kin was too far for her to say anything through their mindlink, but she knew he was watching. As she eyed the purple-dressed wizard on the field as well, she also knew Katrias would expect her to absorb everything she could about the upcoming fight.

When uncle Lyolf's team was announced, Anastasia cheered as well, though she made sure it wasn't quite as loud. She pulled out a card a moment after and smiled.

[spoiler=After all...]She is both president and member #1 of Kin's Fan Club.

[/spoiler]

[info]Cheering mainly for KFC.[/info]

Throndir

Kin's Fan Club
There were loud booing when Katrias first greeted the crowd. They were expecting a shot after all, and Katrias' unenthusiastic introduction wasn't what they were expecting. Kin, with his amazing display got the crowd going however, there were even some who called out for the Maw Sword of Galas'nor. Finally when Roxanne began her performance, the crowd at first went silent, as if to admire the almost mystical singing. They had no clue what was being said of course, but they loved it.

Lyolf's Legion
Lyolf's Legion started off better than the first team. And when Lyolf finished his own attempt at acrobatics, the crowd cheered, though not with the same enthusiasm as Kin's earlier. Zultar, the short half-orc, yelled in rage bellowing about meat which the audience took in with stride as some laughed enjoying the show. Markus was up next, and though he attempted, the crowd continued to simply clap and cheer, though with no particular enthusiasm.

Everyone
"Well folks! I  hope everyone is as excited as I am to see the upcoming fight! Both sides are ready to go, and I daresay, I'm hoping this match is one to remember!"

There was a loud cheer once again, and soon enough the battle started.

QuoteCharacters not in the PVP can still free to post anytime on who they are voting for. Upping freeform exp to x5 to encourage it.

Audience Attitudes
[spoiler]Kin's Fan Club: Friendly
Lyolf's Legion: Friendly[/spoiler]

Guild Member Votes
[spoiler]Kin's Fan Club: 1
Lyolf's Legion: 0[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Lyolf: 28
Kin: 25
Markus: 25
Zultar: 21
Katrias: 18