[Sergio]Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, February 22, 2016, 07:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Roleplay for Inhuman Ronin only.[/info]
[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

You were new to Xan Academy. You'd heard about the programs available, how it was focused on actually doing what you wanted to do, rather than learning about it in a book. Perfect for your goals. The prestigious academy was located in the beautiful Celadon City, the hustle and bustle of the population and all of the academy students was a bit overwhelming, and you had retired to your dorm room to get a handle on things and finish unpacking. It was the middle of the afternoon, and you had finished unpacking and setting up your room the way you wanted it. As you were sitting down to relax, you heard a knock on the door. Lightly at first. Tap. Tap. Then more forceful. Thud thud thud. You had heard that there was an orientation program, where a student who had been there a while would come to help you out as you got used to the academy, and suspected that might be who was at your door.

[info]
Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about academy that made you want to come here for your field of study?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out your Pokemon to attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

InhumanRonin

Sergio came here from Cyllage City in the Kalos region to step out from under his father's tutelage and see what the else the world could teach him in the the ways of all types of martial arts and just life in general. Father's gym was located just outside of Cyllage City and it wasn't anything special every now and again we would have people stop by and train whether its in pokemon battles or actual physical combat. Sergio was fascinated with watching these battles from a young age. Whether it was the speed of the combat, strategies used, or the emotion showed Sergio was hooked and knew one day he wanted to be like his dad. When Sergio was finally old enough his Dad started to teach him a style taught to him when he was younger called Lucha Libre. Dad told me the reason he was going to teach this style to me is because it suited my smaller more agile frame. It was also a style that was steeped in family tradition. One day he would inherit has father's mask as a sign that it is his turn to take over the family dojo and continue the traditions of his family.

Being a student at his fathers gym I got to meet a lot of people passing through not long enough to befriend them. The few students father did have though were more focused on their training then socializing with me which I could understand to a degree. It was at the small school in town where I made a few friends but I was not one you would consider popular. [spoiler]Will come back and add more to this later.[/spoiler]

"Whew its been quite a busy few days between travelling here, getting acquainted with the area, and settling into the dorm. This will be my first big test outside of Dad's Gym so I have to make this count otherwise it will be hard to go back home knowing i couldnt cut it. Sergio heard a thumping at the door and wondered who it could be since he only just arrived a few days ago. "Hello? Who is it? Sergio walked over to the door to await his answer.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

"Hi, I'm Lynne, I'm here to help you get used to the academy." She called through the closed door. "Is now a good time for this?"

InhumanRonin

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot that the orientation was today. Sergio opens the door for Lynne. "Sorry bout that just been busy trying to get settled into the academy.Yeah actually now is great since I just finished unpacking. Lynne was it? Names Sergio nice to meet ya! Sergio extends his hand out for a handshake.

GG - Henon     

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Sergio opens the door, seeing a girl who looks to be of similar age to himself. She had a Growlithe by her feet and a friendly smile. She accepted the offer of a handshake. "Nice to meet you, Sergio. Let's start with some lunch and go from there. Part of the orientation is to make sure you know where important facilities are, and everyone loves to eat, right? After that, we can go to the student store to prepare you for the first major part of orientation: Catching a wild Pokemon."[color] She pointed away from the dorms, in the general direction of the cafeteria. "If you have everything you'll need, the cafeteria is over that way!"

InhumanRonin

"Oh yeah getting to see the school grounds would be great i haven't had a chance to look around much.And now that you mention it I haven't eaten yet today since I have been so busy finishing up unpacking and all of that so the lunchroom sounds perfect. Is there anything I should bring with me or just myself?  [spoiler]Sergio grabs anything that might be needed while they are out [/spoiler] "Well I am ready when you are lead the way!"

GG - Henon     

Oath

[spoiler=Click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Lynne giggled. "Just whatever you think will help you catch a Pokemon. And your appetite." After Sergio was ready, the two trekked off across campus, towards the cafeteria. Inside it was quite busy, students all over the place, talking about various subjects. You could tell that the academy was a diverse place that offered far more programs than you had thought. Lynne grabbed her food - a burger and fries and found an open table before waving Sergio down as he returned with his. "Oh, before I forget, this is from the academy. She slid an envelope across the table, inside was $1000 and a note. May your orientation be successful and enjoyable. Welcome to Xan Academy

InhumanRonin

"I most certainly can bring my appetite along and my gear along." Sergio goes back into his room grabs the gear he had in his bag and his pokeball containing his Hawlucha Aguila and heads out the door. Sergio was amazed at the diversity the academy provided though out the campus he could understand why a lot of people would come here. Entering the lunchroom was overwhelming for a brief moment as Sergio had not been in too many rooms this bustling. Upon getting to the front of the lunch line Sergio grabbed a chicken burger and some fries and went to find Lynne and sit down. Moments later he saw Lynne waving him towards the table she sat at. Sergio reaches out and grabs the later and reads it. "Oh that is very nice of the Academy to help new students with getting gear to get started I wasnt expecting that." Sergio takes the money out of the letter and puts it into his wallet then puts the letter back into the envelope. Sergio takes a few bites of his food then looks over at Lynne. "So where are we going to go after we finish up eating?" 

GG - Henon     

Oath

Sergio seemed like a spirited enough fellow. A bit odd, but friendly. That went a long way at the academy in Lynne's experience. "Yeah, the higher ups in the Academy want to do everything they can to ensure that each student is given the tools they need to succeed in their field. All that matters in the end is skill and determination. It's a great place with a large number of people all driven here for their own reasons. After we finish eating, we'll be heading over to the academy store to outfit you with the gear you'll need to catch your first Pokemon, and after that we'll take to the field."

InhumanRonin

Sergio continues to work on his food listening to Lynne tell him about the school and the next thing they are going to be doing "Ah yeah I can get behind that its hard to succeed without the right tools in place. Oh right you did mention that earlier I had forgotten about that. Sergio finishes up his food and get up and gets rid of his food tray and sits back down. "Well whenever you are ready I am good to head to the store."

GG - Henon