[Elizabeth]Academy Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, February 07, 2016, 11:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Roleplay for Littlestcrouton only.[/info]
[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

You were new to Xan Academy. You'd heard about the programs available, how it was focused on actually doing what you wanted to do, rather than learning about it in a book.The prestigious academy was located in the beautiful Celadon City, the hustle and bustle of the population and all of the academy students was a bit overwhelming, and you had retired to your dorm room to get a handle on things and finish unpacking. It was a bit after noon,  and you had finished unpacking the night before. As an aspiring breeder, it was important to know as much as possible about various types of Pokemon, and you had been studying that during the morning. Despite the stance of the Academy to let students learn from hands on experiences, understanding the proper nutrition for young Pokemon is something that should be known before hand. There was a knocking on the door. a few quiet knocks, followed by a couple of scratching sounds. You had heard that another student who had been at the Academy for a while would show you around and give you a hand in getting used to life here, and suspected that might be who was at the door.

[info]I know you've done Roleplaying for years, but would like to try to keep the transfer threads similar, so here we go.

Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about academy that made you want to come here for your field of study?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out your Pokemon to attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

littlestcrouton

"All finished!" Beth breathed happily as she set her bag down on her bed. Thea and Aden, who were studying their surrounding carefully, looked up at her happily. Beth brushed her hands on her jean shorts as she heard a knock on the door, followed by a scratch.

"Looks like our guide is here." She spoke to her Pokemon. They crowded around her feet, curiously, as she paused by the mirror sitting beside her door, adjusting her cream shirt and long red hair. She opened the door and smiled sweetly, her two friends poking their heads between her feet.

"Hello." She greeted her guest cheerfully.

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

As Elizabeth opened the door, she could see a girl with brown hair flowing to her shoulders, hazel eyes, and a smile drawn across her face. A Growlithe stood at her feet, the source of the clawing on the door. She was wearing a simple scarf, and had a camera draped over it. she was wearing a brown shawl with a long sleeved shirt underneath, and a simple pair of jeans, with Pokeballs attached to her waist. "Hi, my name is Lynne and I'm here to show you around the academy a bit, as part of orientation. You're Elizabeth, yes? There's a lot to see, but would you perhaps like to start with lunch?" Lynne observed the girl as they spoke, she was excited to see a Growlithe peeking out from the girls feet. Perhaps it would become friends with Ruby. The girl's sense of style seemed to be pretty good, so Lynne figured they could become fast friends.

littlestcrouton

"It's great to meet you. Yes I am." She affirmed cheerfully. She gestured down towards her feet where her Pokemon stepped forward to sniff the air around. Thea pawed at her leg for attention. "This is Thea and that is Adan." She introduced her Pokemon to Lynne. "Let me grab my bag. I'm starving." She turned and into the room and reached for her worn brown leather satchel. She grabbed a Pokeball. "Okay Adan back in the ball for now." Beth said as she hit the button for him to return. She hooked it on the strap and pulled Thea's off. "You too." Hooking Thea's ball to her bag she grabbed her keys and wallet, meeting Lynne back at the door. "Lead the way." She chirped happily as she stepped out and locked her door.

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne waited patiently as Beth went through her things, making sure to have everything and putting her Pokemon away. The two left the dorms, the sun was high in the sky, and there was not a cloud in sight.  Lynne's Growlithe Ruby followed behind her, stopping occasionally to sniff around, then catching up with a brisk trot. Before long, the two got to the cafeteria, and Lynne pointed out the various facilities that were offered. She ended up getting curry, and finding a table before waving Beth down after she got her food. "So, what brings you to Xan Academy? I didn't really get to hear anything about you prior to orientation, so I'm curious what you're studying. Lynne was all smiles, it felt infectious.

"Oh right, so for part of the orientation, You are to catch a wild Pokemon, I'll be going with you too, but first we're going to the Academy's store, where you'll be able to purchase supplies. The Academy pays for this part though! Lynne slid an envelope across the table, and inside was $1000, and a letter wishing Beth luck in her attempts to catch a wild Pokemon.

[info]$1000 Pokebucks added to Beth's sheet![/info]

littlestcrouton

Elizabeth took in all that was to see. She watched the Growlithe by Lynne's feet. Once they arrived at the cafeteria, she went in search of something that sounded good. She found herself a sandwich, an apple, some grapes, and water. As she sat down, let out Thea and Adan out. Thea jumped into her lap and sat happily there as she fed her a grape. Adan went to inspect the other Growlithe, not interested in food. "Behave Adan." She warned him. "I'm here to study breeding, like my father." She explained happily. "It's all I've ever really wanted to do."

"Oh! Thank you." She said picking up the letter. "It should be exciting." She slipped the envelope into her bag and dug into her sandwich. "What are you studying? How long have you been here?" She asked.

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"Oh! My parents and grandparents are breeders themselves, but I am interested in photography, I'm always looking for good subjects to take pictures of. People, Pokemon, or scenery, everything presents a different type of challenge for me. All of the chances to travel that the academy presents the students with is perfect for letting me find a wide variety of things to take pictures of! I haven't been here too long myself, to be honest, Just a few months so far. It's pretty amazing how fast this place can feel like home." Lynne always enjoyed meeting Pokemon breeders, they all cared about Pokemon so much and it made her feel like she was visiting her grandparents.

After she finished eating, Lynne put away her tray and gathered up her things, and when Beth was done as well, she began to guide her to the student store. It was the middle of the afternoon, so the store was quite busy, with students pulling various items off the shelves. Lynne wasn't in particular need of anything herself, but followed Elizabeth in. "If you have any trouble, feel free to ask myself or a cashier about whatever the problem is!"

[spoiler=Click for shop!]
This is the current stock, may change from time to time, so be sure to check back! Alternatively, keep an eye out for wandering traders, or what other players may pick up and want to sell!

littlestcrouton

"Well if you ever feel like it, Thea is a cheese. She loves taking pictures." Beth offered smiling. "I hope I can make this my new home for a while. I've never really been away from my family, so I must admit I'm a bit nervous." She laughed nervously. She finished her food and let Thea down, slipping the apple into her satchel. She carried her tray and put it away, her Pokemon trotting faithfully by her feet.

"What made you get into photography?" She asked as they walked to the store. Once there she looked around, she collected her items. Two Basic balls, two Potions, and a Poke Ball Tool Box. "I'll take these." Beth told the cashier, handing over the 1400 that it was going to cost.

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/FLv7ME5fPfA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"I'm certain that we'll be able to find some time to do that at some point, though it will depend on how the rest of what we have to do goes!"  Lynne had noticed a pattern with many of the students at Xan Academy, and it made sense. None of them had really lived away from home before, she had felt that same fear and apprehension when she started, but it quickly melted away. "I think you'll be able to do it!" Lynne cheered Beth on, it was sort of a habit that she had picked up, but she loved to encourage people and Pokemon.

"Oh. My father gave me his old camera, he probably figured I would mess around with it for a little bit and get bored, but I was hooked. That was around ten years ago, so I decided to try this out and if it doesn't work out I'll go back home and learn from my parents to take over their breeding business someday. " Lynne waited patiently as Elizabeth did her shopping. However, it didn't take too long and she seemed to have a handle on things and knew exactly what she was looking for. She smiled upon Elizabeth's return. "You shop pretty quick. I guess we can get out and see what wild Pokemon we can find before it gets dark. There's a nice grassland not too far from the school, we can probably find something over there, if that sounds alright with you."