Culinary Arts

Started by Throndir, February 04, 2016, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[spoiler=Open/Close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/qmnHI8qXtzQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The teacher at the front, if she could be called one, looked young, and many would have wondered if she were even old enough to teach. Her eyes opened just a slit, sitting comfortably in her custom-made chair, almost half-asleep. Or at the very least her demeanor was almost apathetic. She waved at the students dreamily as they came in, without much of anything else. Of course this behavior was already something you would have expected and had even grown accustomed to from Ms. Waterstart. She always seemed too relaxed for her own good, and one had to wonder if she had ever been flummoxed or flustered in her life. Indeed, as she smiled lazily to the class, she was the perfect picture of a lethargic teacher.

But the students continued to come, and one by one the students came in, filling her class, and taking their seats in front of various cooking tables. Cookingware of all sorts lined them, each with its own oven, and a sink. Utensils and tools neatly set up, not to mention the cleanliness of the classroom itself. To the side of the classroom were all sorts of foods, from vegetables, to meat, to all sorts of spices. It was ready for any sort of culinary delight.

For those who would meet her, they would think that she was nothing but an overly-sleepy teacher, but Ms. Waterstart was known to be one of the most skilled chefs in the region, and her position in the Academy, of course, would be the culinary instructor.

".. Class." Ms. Waterstart announced. Her voice was quiet as usual. "How are you dooooing?~" She smiled and nodded. It looked as if she were about to fall asleep, but quickly snapped herself awake again.

"Today is cooking~ Yes, yes." She said as she gestured towards the food.

"And your assignment..." She paused as she let out a long drawn out yawn.

"Make me something great."

[info]Goal: "Make me something great."
Success reward:
Reward: 1 Trainer Exp
Monetary Reward: $500 (per player)

Fail reward:
Money: $250 (per player)

Open to students only. Survival RPers can join - note if so, this locks this roleplay to before the events in Survival.

Roleplay as you want, I'll ask for rolls later.[/info]

FoxyPox

I stumbled into the classroom, practically sleepwalking, giving the teacher a mutual wave. I plopped down and tried not to fall asleep. But then, once I realized what I had gotten myself into, there was absolutely no way I was taking a snooze. Even Rose stopped napping on my shoulder.

Food... all kinds of food. Exotic spices from Mew knows where, regions away. Meats i couldn't even name. And the knives, I could cut myself just looking at them...

"Um... teach? Can we use all of this...?"

As I wiped the drool from my face and smoothly swept Rose away from a couple choice cuts of steak, I began formulating some crazy idea I'd never be able to pull off.

Mysticsage

Grey had an apron on it was clean white and crisp with firm black and green stitching. On the breast was a small embroidery of a flower in bloom. He had received it with one of the first few care packages. His family made the work by hand and this was one of his first chances to really use it until now. When the assignment had been given a day before he had thought over what he would make and what kind of preparation would be needed. He knew the others would probably try to make something complex or involved and though he had a feeling that at first glance the teacher may like there's more. His idea of great food always drew him back to memories of his family's cooking. His parents enjoyed rustic food that at first glance may appear simple but had a depth to it that warmed the soul. So he thought he might do one of their classic meals and make a soup with fresh baked bread. No one in his mind could resist freshly baked bread still hot from the oven.

He had worked the night before to make the dough for the bread so that it would have the time needed to rise. Now that it had doubled in volume he went over to the fresh herbs the teacher kept as well as the salt, olive oil, and Asiago cheese  and went back to knead the dough with the herbs, salt, oil and cheese into a baguette shape, The cheese would only slightly melt during the cooking process providing a counterpoint to the soft bread. The soup on the other hand would have to be made today. It was a potato kale and sausage soup. With its deep earthy flavors it would play well with the flavors of the bred and a wonderful herb butter. He was ready to go

"I have a plan in place so I'm ready." He said protecting his dough.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/S1baWtCsK8s&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Lynne let out a sigh as she stood in her apron. It was a plain and ugly thing. She didn't have her own, so she was using one of the ones from the classroom. She hadn't done too much cooking, at least cooking meant to impress people. The assignment was too vague, and Lynne wasn't sure how to react. A cornucopia of ingredients lined the room, and it was tough to figure out what to use. Some items would go well together, others would be a disaster, and a lot of them were not especially common ingredients, at least for her. She looked around, trying to pick out something to make, or at least find something she was familiar enough with to be comfortable using. A lot of the other students seemed to be in varied degrees of preparedness. There was a guy she didn't really know who had a bunch of dough, he seemed to be the most immediately prepared, but Lynne had no way to gauge the skills of the others in the class room.

After a few minutes of thinking about it, Lynne decided she would do something involving fish, though she wasn't entirely sure what that would be. But knowing the main ingredient of her dish was a great place to start, so she went over to the counter and started to browse through the different types of fish. There were also plenty of eggs, and various types of bread that could be crumbled. and flour. Perhaps she could make some sort of deep fried fish with the materials on hand. At least that way the apron would be able to protect her clothes instead of just making her look unfashionable.

Lady Rune

Collette hadn't cooked since moving to the academy, to say she was excited for this class was an understatement! She offered the teacher a smile upon entry, snagging an apron provided by the class before skittering to an empty work station. To say she was giddy was an understatement as the young woman bounced excitedly on the balls of her feet. It was always fun to sit with her grandmother and decide what would be made together, she was sure this would be no different. Though, glancing around, she wondered what the other students present would decide to make.

There was Lynne, whom she offered a friendly wave, looking a tad unsure, a young man in a fancy apron, clinging to a rather fluffy mass of dough, and finally another young man covered in drool. She worried that he'd devour the contents of the table before she even reached them, leading her to inch closer to the ingredients... just in case. Aside from that the only other individual present was the teacher. Though eager herself to begin, she'd been bouncing since she entered the room, Collette tried to wait patiently to begin cooking.
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Throndir

"You can use everything~" She said as her head swayed back and forth gently. She yawned again.

"Three hours exactly from now~ Yes, yes, three ho-" She let out a long yawn again. "... hours." She began to giggle, though softly and almost to herself.

"Make me... something great~" She said again dreamily, her tone of voice seemingly more relaxed and slow than before if that was possible. "If you have any more questions-"

But it was too late, at that moment the teacher completely slumped into her chair and began sleeping.

[info]You can do anything that can be done in 3 hours. Teaming up is perfectly fine. There is a specific win condition I'll look for - though not telling what.

Find a picture if your dish too, and state the inspiration you have of making it, or what motivations, etc. Extra trainer exp for how well those turn out!

Will still be some-what roll-based, players must succeed at least two skill checks.

New players are still welcome to post in as well.[/info]

FoxyPox

"Something Great." Fantastic. As I washed my hands, I couldn't help but munch on a few bits of celery, then sat down for a good minute, meditating on my course of action. I haven't really cooked in awhile, so I had to focus.

Rolled 3d6+3 : 5, 2, 6 + 3, total 16

[spoiler=Open/Close for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/GRMXmtRrUXU&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

I had nothing prepared beforehand like some of the other students, so everything had to be made from scratch. Baking was entirely out of the question - Even if I had enough time to make something that truly stood out, there would be absolutely no room for error given the time constraint. Plus, that dough guy already had something goin' on. Short glances at the others reminded me of the competition. Ideas singled out one by one. Still too many choices. I do a few sit-ups, to get the blood flowing. Nope, nope. Still nothing. While I adjust my apron, I look at Rose. She looks back at me with that one look she always gave, that smug look, almost like a challenge. She knew that I already had a plan, even though I haven't figured it out yet. I look back at the teacher, then it hits me.

Something spicy. That should wake her up.

Stop thinking about it, Foxy. Time is of the essence.
You already know what to cook, Foxy.
If you cook it, they will eat.

With a sigh, I pet Rose and return her to her pokeball. I plug in some headphones to my pokedex, and ring up that one song.
Then I take out a butcher's knife, and begin hacking away.

....Perhaps a butcher's knife was not the correct utensil for preparing ginger.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=Click for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/EUtouZae8Ig&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Three hours was a long time, what Lynne had planned would take a lot less time than that, but if she finished early it would give her time to go play with her Pokemon or something. She remembered hearing that cod was a good type of fish to fry, so she decided to look for some of that, ideally something high quality. She gathered up fish, potatoes peanut oil, flour, eggs, salt, pepper, and a few types of herbs, along with some bread that she could crumb. She brought all of the goods to her station and went out to fetch a fryer as well, she needed something for the oil to go into, after all.

She grabbed a knife and began to  cut the fish into the proper sized chunks, with finesse and fancy knifework, and then prepared the batter. She cut herbs, then combined the dry ingredients in one bowl, mixing them together until it she was satisfied, and the wet ingredients in the other: a couple eggs, some water, a small amount of peanut oil, and mixed those together until they formed a nice coating for the fish. Lynne then started to heat the oil, and peeled the potatoes, then cut them into fries. She put the fish through the batter, the coated it with the mixture of dry ingredients, and put each piece into the fryer carefully. After a few minutes, when each piece floated up to the top fully cooked she removed them from the fryer and set them on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb some of the excess oil. She repeated the process for the fries, and when all of the food was done she arranged it in a paper lined basket. After it was plated, she brought it up to Ms. Waterstart.

"Here you go, Ms. Waterstart, Lynne Lockley's homemade fish and chips. It's a dish that my parents often made at home, so I've tried to emulate their style. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as we do!" Lynne placed the basket in front of Waterstart with a smile, hoping that her meal would be successful.

[spoiler=Click for food!!]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rolls]
Perception, to find good ingredients.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d6+1 : 3, 2, 4, 1 + 1, total 11

Intuition, to know which herbs and spices go well together.
Rolled 3d6+3 : 4, 3, 5 + 3, total 15

Focus, to well, focus.
Rolled 2d6+3 : 5, 1 + 3, total 9

Acrobatics, for fancy knife skills.
Rolled 3d6+1 : 6, 5, 2 + 1, total 14
[/spoiler]

FoxyPox

[spoiler=click for music]
https://www.youtube.com/v/--LnS18xBMQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

I'm chopping away, frantically. I vaguely remember how to make this. Sugar, Spice, Everything that actually tastes well together. Chicken because it's the first protein I recognize. Curry. Ginger. Spice. Glaze. Progress.

FIRE. NO, NOT THAT SPICY!

In the sink with that one. I burned some good time prepping the charred mess, but I still had time to rebound. More importantly, perhaps, I had more time to refine my recipe. A part of me wished I'd just grow a second pair of arms to dice vegetables while I worked on making a choice cut of the chicken, but I got around to doing both promptly enough. In the end, I was aiming for some sort of chicken curry, spiced with exotic peppers and a glaze that tasted predominantly of ginger, and a garnish of whatever looked good.
I think I'll name the dish "The Wakeup Call."

[spoiler=Click for FOODS][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Click for Funny Shaped Virtual Bits of Plastic Making Incomprehensible Patterns]Roll for intuition. A true chef must know in his belly that what he is making is absolute genius.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+3 : 1, 6, 5 + 3, total 15[/blockquote]

focus to resist the irresistible urge to eat my own ingredients.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+3 : 6, 5, 5 + 3, total 19[/blockquote]

Education (Technology) to figure out how to actually work the stove instead of just microwaving the darned things.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 3, 2, 3 + 1, total 9[/blockquote]

Roll for acrobatics for not cutting my own hand off. Or someone else's, on accident.
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 4, 2 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Perception to know that I am actually doing this right, and not just farting around.
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 4, 4 + 1, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lady Rune

Collette wasted no time in slipping on her apron and proceeding to the ingredients table. She was, for once, rather confident in her abilities. Cooking was something she'd done quite often growing up and to get a grade for it was too good to be true. Gathering what she needed in her arms and apron pockets she returned to the bowls she'd had the sense to leave out before walking away. She cleaned her hands, coated them rather heavily in flour, and set to preparing her dish. So far so good. Her inner sweet tooth had all but screamed at her to bake a childhood favorite, Sopapilla Cheesecake, and honestly how could she resist? Equal parts messy fun and hard work, it was a dish she never tired of making. With an impish grin, Collette began mixing the first portion of her dish. The dough. Thinking ahead, however, she quickly preheated her oven before digging her fingers in, making a mental note to wipe down the stove once she was done. Flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and cut up chunks of shortening were mixed up in her first bowl, followed shortly by a splash of milk until she could roll the mass out on the flour drenched counter. She'd have to clean that too and, good grief, if she wasn't pale at the start of the class, she certainly would be by the end of it!

Collette flattened the dough out over the counter and cut it in half, spreading one half over the bottom of a buttered casserole dish before tossing it into the warmed oven. Flour coated her forearms, and cheeks where she'd lifted her hand to scratch an itch, and she quickly washed herself back down to proceed to the next step in her treat. What remaining butter she had was placed in a small sauce pan to melt while Collette combined cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a clean bowl. She stirred until her arm ached and her butter had melted fully, humming her content as she quickly pulled the saucepan off the burner. Retrieving her casserole dish from the oven, pleased to see she hadn't accidentally burned anything, she sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon sugar over the warmed dough, followed by the cheesecake mix, and finally the second sheet of dough on top. She double, and triple, checked the dish before nodding her approval. Butter was lathered on top followed by another coat of cinnamon sugar before the completed concoction was slid into the oven to finish baking in its entirety.

Finally, after thirty minutes of bouncing on her heels impatiently, her timer went off and an excited Collette dashed to retrieve the gooey treat waiting in the oven. Some of this would definitely be going back to the dorm with her! Setting the dish off to the side, she pulled out a plate and drizzled caramel over it before cutting two squares out of the sopapilla and placing them strategically in the center. She was beside herself. Memories of home warmed her heart as she delivered her own dish to the teacher. "My dish, Ms. Waterstart, it's sopapilla cheesecake bites. Or, as I've always called them, cheesecake churros! They shouldn't bee too hot, but the warmth reminds me of my granmothers kitchen back home." She smiled politely towards her teacher and bowed her head. "I hope you enjoy them as much as my grandmother and I enjoy making them!"

[spoiler=Click here to make your mouth water!][/spoiler]

[spoiler=This thing does a thing!]
Rolling Focus! I'm a scatterbrain, what can I say?
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 3 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Rolling Intuition! That's helpful in cooking... right?
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6+2 : 5, 3, 4, 5 + 2, total 19[/blockquote]

Rolling Perception! Lets not pick anything spoiled. Not today!
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 6 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]

Rolling Acrobatics! Lets not drop anything on the floor either!
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6+2 : 4, 4, 6, 1 + 2, total 17[/blockquote]

Rolling Charm! Presentation is just as important in cooking!
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 3, 3 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Throndir

[info]Going to give this til Friday to wait for Garret's post, otherwise I'll resolve what I can then.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info][spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/v/EdZOzur9RMg&autoplay=1&repeat=1[/spoiler]
Perception and focus test to keep things going well
percption
Rolled 3d6+2 : 3, 3, 3 + 2, total 11
Focus
Rolled 2d6+4 : 4, 3 + 4, total 11

Athletics to kneed dough
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-1 : 1, 4 - 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Athletics for knife skills
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-1 : 2, 2 - 1, total 3[/blockquote]

[/info]
Grey worked slowly with the soup ingredients while the aromas of rosemary and sage coalesce and spread around his work station mixing with the smell of melting butter and flour he had at the bottom of a pot. He stirred lightly allowing everything to shift under the influence of the sheet from its normal pale complexion till it slightly shifted to a honey like caramel. He let the sounds of the bubbling mixture adhere itself to the bottom of the pot. As he began quartering two different types of potatoes he was drawn back to his home among the flowers. Both his parents laughing as they split some of the wine that was meant for the soup for themselves. The smell of herbs baking always did remind him of home. The depth of flavor they brought that reminded him of times when they had all been home together the five of them.

He minced some onion and let that seep and sweat in the roux with salt and pepper for a few minutes, and went to the back where he thought he might find his teacher's stash of alcohol. The soup needed that fresh bite of white wine to bring out the full depth of some otherwise heavy flavors. His parents always said that the drier the wine the better because it showcased the fall flavors of the soup. Anything to sweet might attempt to undercut the earth tones. Steam gushed from his pot as the fragrant liquid hit the hot container nearly evaporating on contact. The point was to get the burnt bits of what had been sitting in the pan to lift off to become the base of the dish. Like fertile soil for a plant the stars of the soup might be able to bloom. Following it up with chicken broth and the quartered potatoes allowed the soup to begin to thicken within just a few stirs. With only a few steps left his mouth was already beginning to water. Wiping some budding tears away from his eyes, which he blamed on the onions he continued. Quickly pealing then mincing a clove of garlic to add to the broth and potatoes. With it coming full force to a boil he lowered the heat, and began uncasing spicy sausage links to crumble in to the pot. He then allowed himself to sit and watch as everything did its own happy thing. Watching the people around him for the first time he got a little nervious that he had not done enough.

But it was to late to turn back now. With the bread almost finished and little over twenty minutes to spare, He gathered all the kale that he though could ever fit in the pot and began shoving as much of the green leaf as he could. He knew as it withered and cooked while releasing its oils it would lose almost all of its size, So he had only done a rough chop before manhandling the plant into the pot and slamming on a lid to wait for time to be called. Everything was in the hands of fate at this point.

He waited to bowl some out some until the final moment. He garnished the soup with a fine helping of grated parmigiana, and buttered a few slices of the still warm and fragrant bread. As he stepped up to the teacher he could not help but feel a bit nerveos as he walked up to the teacher. "This is one of my family's specialty a perfect soup for the fall and winter." 

Mysticsage

[info]Intuition check as requested
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+4 : 6, 4 + 4, total 14[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Lynne Lockley

[okay]You managed to find all the ingredients you needed, though they were ordinary ingredients. +0
You managed to cook well, figuring out which of the ingredients work well the best with each other. +1
Unfortunately there were times in your cooking where you had trouble focusing on the task, you were certain you didn't make any mistakes but you still had that nagging doubt. +0
When it came to preparation you masterfully sliced up the potatoes and fish well. +1[/okay]"O-oh. Hi..." Her eyes looks towards the student in front of her, though you could tell she wasn't quite focusing. In fact, you found it hard to believe that she was even realizing that you were there. Eventually however, she began to perk up more when you offered the basket of fish and chips.

The smell of the battered fish coupled with the aroma of warm potatoes was enough to get the teacher to look curiously at the food. She smiled almost lazily at you as she used some nearby utensils to eat a piece of the fish.

[spoiler=Open/close for music]https://www.youtube.com/v/Z1o7QO9rjHs&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The aroma was amazing, and as the piece of battered fish entered her mouth the richness of the flavor was exquisite. Immediately she was transported to a sunny side beach as waves rolled by the sparkling white sand. The sand was warm to the touch as her bare feet strode through the white ocean beach, comfortable, relaxed, as if she were on a lengthy vacation. It was sunny, but yet there was shade in the form of large towering french fries blocking some of the sun's rays. It proved to be invaluable, as coupled with the ocean's breeze, made the entire scene that much more relaxing.

As she took in the sights and smells of the beach, she noticed then too, off in the distance, fish jumping out of the water. Those with drew closer and closer to the shore, and only then did she realize that they were flying fried and battered fish. Soaring through the skies only to fall back down into the ocean, it was an amazing sight, and something the teacher would not forget any time soon.

"The taste... of the seas." Ms. Waterstart said, a lot more relaxed than you would have expected.

Foxy Kettu

[okay]You managed to cook well, figuring out which of the ingredients work well the best with each other. +1
You excelled in making your dish, you managed to finish your creation in record time. +2
Figuring out the stove went well, and after dialing random buttons and turning seemingly random knobs, you at least made it hot. +0
As you continued chopping, it was a bit sloppy, and you ended up cutting yourself. -1
Your attention to detail with your cooking wasn't the best, but you still managed to pick out the ingredients best suited for the task. +0[/okay]As always the teacher had had been daydreaming. She was wondering what kinds of different foods her students would prepare for her. And soon enough her daydreaming was ended as the smell of spices filled the room. It came gentle at first, but the aroma became stronger and stronger, and soon enough a curry dish of some sort was presented. She smiled happily at Foxy, and began to cut a small piece of the chicken.

[spoiler=Open/close for music, close previous spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/v/1kzEseZyOOk&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The smell of the chicken coupled with ginger and spices overwhelmed her. Some of the students too looked on over to the front, curious as to what smelled so delicious. The teacher saw herself in a busy bazaar with all sorts of people bustling about trading in spices, ginger, and chicken. They were moving quick, yet the sight was fascinating as it continued to entrance her as she watched the scenes unfold. They moved so efficiently, so quickly that she knew whatever task they had set upon themselves would be finished in no time.

All of a sudden she felt herself be picked up, and she gasped as she found herself suddenly sitting atop of a majestic creature. It was a great fiery chicken, and before Ms. Waterstart could process all of this, the chicken jumped, spreading its wings and flew. Soaring through the skies,  breathing out huge flaming bursts of flames, the chicken flew above clouds of ginger.

The thrill of the flight was breathtaking. She never felt more alive. It was exhilarating.

"Wonderful!" She said almost excitedly, no hint of sleepiness in her voice.

Collette Thorne

[okay]Over and over again you kept being distracted. Every time someone would say something outloud it would disturb you from your thoughts and preparation. -1
But, you knew your dish well, and you managed to create possibly your best cheesecake bites yet. +3
You chose the right ingredients, and though they were nothing special, none of it was bad either. +0
You carried them back to your station with so much grace and efficiency that you were done before the other students had even started collecting. +2
Finally, it was time to present it to the teacher... But you seem to have woken her up. -1[/okay]"A-ah!" Ms. Waterstart said as you presented the food. She had been fast asleep just moments before. She attempted to shake herself from her reverie to focus on the new dish presented to her.

The little 'churros' looked so delicious, that even Ms. Waterstart licked her lips as she examined the food that was prepared for her. Collette had done her best to present both the food and herself well, but she couldn't help but be slightly dismayed about losing her dream of cotton candy clouds.

She decided to try a piece of the cheese cake bites however.

[spoiler=Open/close for music, close previous spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/v/00Bki1-MnEY&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The sweetness was something the teacher was wanting just at that very moment. Sure she lost her dream of fluffy cotton candy clouds, but something sweet to actually eat was just as good, if not better. It reminded her of her time long ago when she had stayed a week with her upbeat and rather joyful grandma. They would bake all sorts of sweets and delicious creations, and every time they finished they would quickly gobble them up. Making sure that nothing was left! She giggled at those days.

Days long gone. She sighed quietly, missing that grandma of hers. She was gone now, sitting somewhere on her own heavenly cotton-candy clouds, but the taste of the cheesecake bites reminded Ms. Waterstart of that certain homely and distinct spunk her late grandma had.

She smiled sincerely at Collette, her eyes full of emotion and saying just two words.

"Thank you."

Garret Miles

[okay]You continued to keep an eye on the proceedings, and you chose ingredients that were mainly average. They didn't have imperfections on them, but they weren't the best either. +0
At times there was something that distracted you, but for the most part you were able to finish you dish well. +0
However, when it came to kneading the dough, it took you a couple of tries, and much longer than you anticipated. -2
You were slow with cutting as well, ensuring that you didn't needlessly cut yourself. -2
The end result was satisfying however, and as you finished your dish, you were certain the teacher would appreciate it. +1[/okay]As you finally finished your soup, it's fragrance wafted in the air. Though most of the students had already finished their cooking, Ms. Waterstart, patient as usual, waited excitedly for your dish. She had seen you work on the dish diligently, and though you had stumbled at times she only smiled the more when you finally completely your creation. She took a moment to admire the arrangement of the food, it was neat and tidy, yet had a sense of comfort. Using a spoon she began tasting the dish.

[spoiler=Open/close for music, close previous spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/v/q0FRWdNlgE4&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The flavors were a mixture of various things that the teacher would point out, yet they worked well with each other. The way the cascading flavors blended into something so cohesive was spectacular. The taste of the broth was absolutely delightful, and the earthy flavors reminded her of something so familiar, though at the time she couldn't quite place it.

Suddenly she found herself in the thick of fall, and the leaves had already begun piling up in all the orange, red, and yellow hues. She stood patiently outside watching the falling leaves. The trees, the road - everything looked so familiar. Turning around, did she finally realize where she was. This was her childhood home, a place where she shared most of her favorite memories, along with the all fun and exciting times she had when she was much younger.

Excitedly, Ms. Waterstart began heading towards the door. And soon enough it opened, with a regal lady smiling at her. It was her mom. Her smile only grew more, she hadn't seen her in awhile since becoming a famous chef, and getting her position at the academy. Before she could say anything, her mother grabbed her hand, leading her towards the ever so familiar hallways. Others were there too. Her dad who waved, cousins who still looked so very young. Finally when they reached the dining room, an array of food covered the table.

At the end of the table was her grandma.

She sipped on the soup one more time as she was sent back to the real world, facing one of her students, Garret. She smiled softly, turned around, and looked out the window, towards the direction of home.

Perhaps she'll visit her mom today.

[info]Success condition met.
+1 Trainer Exp for each player.
+$500 for each player
Extra +1 Trainer Exp for each player for RP.

Scores
Lynne: 2
Foxy: 2
Collette: 3
Garret: -3

Extra +1 Trainer Exp to Collette for highest score.[/info]