[Alexander] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 09:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Roleplay for Rescuecat450 only.[/info]
[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Alexander's first night at Xan Academy had been uneventful, he had been able to unpack his stuff, organize his room, and sort of stumble around campus on his way to get dinner without getting too lost. However, he hadn't really managed to meet anyone. People seemed in a hurry, but it made sense with everything he had heard about the Academy before his arrival. It was a place where hands-on experience was valued over sitting around in class with a book on your desk. It was appealing to your interests, and would give you a great chance to get to learn more about Pokemon.

The next morning, you woke up fairly early, and as you were getting ready for breakfast, you heard a knock on your door. It started as a gentle rasp, and slowly increased to a resounding thud.

[info]
Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about academy that made you want to come here for your field of study?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out your Pokemon to attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

Rescuecat450

]As Alexander walk to his door, he tried to avoid any unneeded attention from others as he felt out of place. He wasn't used to so many people because where he come from the town was never this populated. He look around, wondering if he should fit in or figure out a way to do things on his own. This academy was so massive, and full of so many people compared to his home.
"how could he ever hope to fit in?" He thought.
Black City was never this bustling even for a big place, it was small because people kept vanishing and no one knew why or even asked. He had no friends back home, not that they were even able to follow him here. He came to the academy in hopes to find a way back home and bring his family with him.
He approached his door and opened it. In both fear, and excitement as to the journey he was about to embark on.

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

As Alexander opened the door, he saw a girl who looked to be of similar age to him, carrying a notebook, with a camera case and Pokeballs around her waist. She was plainly dressed, with a floral hat, a light pink blouse and a simple white skirt, but she seemed friendly enough. Then, she spoke, with a warm and welcoming tone, and a smile on her face.

Hello, you must be Alexander. I'm Lynne, and the Academy has assigned me to help you out as you get used to the area. It can be a lot to take in. So, if you don't mind, we can start with breakfast, and then go on a little tour of the Academy's grounds. After that there are a few other things we need to take care of; just some stuff the powers that be here at Xan Academy like to have introduced to the new students. Then you'll be free to go about your life here as you please."

She didn't show it, but Lynne was rather nervous. It wasn't too long ago that she was a fresh arrival to Xan Academy herself, and she wasn't fully sure that she was ready to be giving orientation. Someone must have confidence in her, since they asked her to lead some one on one tours, so she hoped everything would go alright.

Rescuecat450

He looked at her and was a little flustered but quickly gained his composure. He spoke with a bit of a deeper voice but not baritone, but just deep enough to notice.

"Hello Lynne, yes i am Alexander but you can call me Alec. I didn't think anyone would be assigned to me but i suppose if that's how this school works, cool."

He paused to hear her next response carefully watching her hands and eyes, almost analyzing her but not to be noticed doing so.

[blockquote]Perception roll 3d6+2 : 4, 2, 2 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]

"I  don't typically eat breakfast but i would be happy to accompany you to breakfast so you may eat. I would love to be shown around, I'm not used to such a massive place, thank you"
He seamed nervous when he mentioned the schools size.

After he analyzed her as best he could he looked at her notebook slightly, and her camera case to see anything out of the ordinary.

[blockquote]Perception roll 3d6+2 : 1, 4, 1 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Shortly their after he nodded in response to her final statements about the powers that be and doing what ever after the orientation.

Oath

[spoiler=Click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

With his closer inspection, Alexander didn't notice anything that seemed to be out of the ordinary. Lynne looked to be an ordinary student, perhaps a bit more fashion conscious than most, but friendly enough. The two left the dorms, walking towards the cafeteria, Lynne pointed out various buildings and fields, and explained what they were generally used for. In the cafeteria, she just grabbed a simple breakfast sandwich, it was something portable. Being shown to the cafeteria was just part of the process of orientation, so there was no need to stick around. The next stop was the academy store. Lynne gave Alexander $1000, a gift from the school.

"Alright Alec, here we have the academy store, they sell things that trainers often need, like potions, Pokeballs, travel supplies, and so on. The first task we have today, is catching a wild Pokemon. The school wants to make sure everyone is able to do it, so they supply us with some funds to go and pick out what we think we'll need for the task. Feel free to take your time and browse the store, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask."

Lynne began looking at the items on some of the shelves, examining what she could, and figuring out what she might need for any future expeditions. She hoped that Alec would have an easy enough time with this, but there were wild Pokemon all over near Xan Academy, so she wasn't too worried about it.

[info]$1000 added to Alexander's sheet. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Pokeballs are 250 each, potions are 200 each, other items you can ask about.[/info]

Rescuecat450

Alexander walked with her believing he could trust her for now. He looked around the cafeteria to see what kinds of foods were offered and the people around him and he suddenly realized he had left his Ralts in his poke-ball after the trip and passed out. He immediately sent him out and put away his Pokeball. Ralts stretched his long sleeved arms and dragged himself along with us almost as a bored child would. As we traveled through the various buildings, and fields Alec took it all in making sure to remember where everything was. When Lynne gave him the gift he was baffled at the amount of money he was given.

"Wow, this is... a lot of money. Thank you. So this is where i will buy my items and supplies, i suppose i should see what we have."
He sounded surprised, but he calmed down knowing this is a different place then his home

Alec proceeded to look at the items he was able to buy at his current level of experience as a trainer as he continued to listen to Lynne.

"So my first test is to capture a Pokemon? I think i can manage that."
He said, confidently

Alec walked a bit around analyzing the amount of people around, the amount of security the school puts to allow so many items to be grabbed and purchased. He tried to see if there were any cameras, guards, or cashiers in sight of him as he walked around but doing so without being noticed that he was observing the observers.

Stealth:
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 4, 4, 6 + 1, total 15[/blockquote]

Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 6, 3, 4 + 2, total 15[/blockquote]

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/9yc7tDZcCTU&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Looking around, there doesn't seem to be any guards, just a lot of students the doors seemed to have a scanning mechanism inside of them, and while you didn't see any obvious cameras, you were sure that there would be some sort of video surveillance, just on the off chance something happened. After a several minutes, Lynne spotted you and approached carrying a bag full of new items.

"Did you happen to find what you were looking for, Alec?" Her demeanor was still extremely friendly as it was before. She seemed to be a diligent girl, trying her best to complete the job she had been asked to do.

Rescuecat450

Alec continues on with just the shop taking the face inspection to memory in case something happens. He proceeds to look for a Pokeball Toolbox hoping they have one in stock.

He chuckles as he sees Lynne have so many items in your bag, and speaks calmly.

"What all did you need from here? I'm just making sure i can make my own poke-balls and repair them, it saves me money that way, or so I've heard. Do you know where i can find any?"

He smiled a little at the amount of kindness she has shown him so far.

Oath

[/spoiler]

"I do a lot of traveling for my Photography course, so I try to keep well stocked on Pokeballs and potions, never know what you're going to find out there. I'll go ask the cashier if they carry Pokeball Toolboxes here.

Lynne approached the counter and after a brief  conversation returned. "They don't have any here, but someone can drive one over by tonight and delivered it to your dorm. It's $500 if you want to buy it."

[info]Pokeball Toolkit added to inventory, can obtain Basic & Great balls for 100 and 175 respectively. $500 deducted from inventory.[/info]

Rescuecat450

Alexander chuckles again after hearing what she does, but not out of comedy but impression
"How did you get into photography, and how long have you been doing it?"
Alexander smiles as she does that for him. He patiently waits still amazed at the amount of people and things in the school.

After Lynne returns from the conversation, Alec looks at her and smiles.
"Thank you Lynne. Do i just hand you the money or do i hand it to them?"

Oath

[/spoiler]

"I got into Photography around ten years ago or so, when my dad gave me an old camera. My parents breed Pokemon, so I always liked taking pictures of all the different ones we would have around. From there it just took off, and now I'm attending Xan Academy as part of my photography training. I'm hoping to be one of the best someday." Lynne thought about Alexander's question a moment, and decided it would make more sense for him to just go pay them. "Oh, you should probably pay them yourself, they'll want your room number too, so they can make sure it gets to the right place. Apparently there's a lot of newer students that are interested in learning how to make their own Pokeballs, so the kits have been flying off the shelves."

The girl waits patiently as Alexander orders his Poke Ball Tool Box.
"Alright, if we're done here, would you like to go out on the hunt for a wild Pokemon? We should be able to find some not too far from campus. Lynne started to seem as if she were a professional tour guide, always patient, friendly, and willing to help.