[Foxy] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxyPox

Something told me I'd end up bludgeoning Wooper to death with Pokeballs before I'd end up catching it. Still, one more go wouldn't hurt. At least it would be better than letting the little guy bite another Psybeam. Actually, Glitch wasn't looking so hot either. He was sparking. That little squirt gun might have only tickled Glitch, but that didn't mean it wasn't dangerous.

"Glitch, come on back. Let's switch you with Rose."

[info]I switch out Glitch with Rose, and toss another Pokeball. Not sure if I can do it all in one go.
Accuracy then Capture:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

The Pokeball managed to hit Wooper this time, and sucked it inside. There was a struggle, and after a few moments you heard the click of the ball locking. "Good job! You caught him!" Lynne cheered from the sidelines, after offering no advice for the battle. She had to ensure that the new students could take care of themselves.

[info] Adding Wooper to Foxy's sheet.[/info]

FoxyPox

"Whoo! We did it, we did itttt!"

I started another of those ridiculous victory dances again. Actually, I didn't even know how do dance. Just flailing your arms around and jumping randomly usually does the trick, I guess. Rose danced a little, then jumped onto my head, holding on tightly. That didn't save her from me splashing around, though - inevitably a few drips of swamp muck ruined splotched her fur.

I look up at the Pokeball. My own first Pokemon battle in the... semi-wilderness. Awesome! All I had to do was name the little guy...

...I mean, Girl...

I sat down in the muck and the water and the dirt and began to lose myself in thought. After a minute, I sent out the Wooper. I figured she should have a say in this, too.

"You okay?"

Oath

"Make sure to give it a good name!" Lynne was all smiles as the Wooper popped out of its Pokeball. It was a little banged up but seemed chipper enough despite the previous encounter. It turned its head up at Foxy, as if expecting something.

FoxyPox

"How do you like the name Flufflewump Cuddlekins?"

I pulled this out of the blue, as all good names should come from. It was received with a well-placed water blast to the face.

"Okay, okay..."

The Wooper blasted me again.

"What about... um... Bloop?"

She was about to drench me, but stopped short. After a second, she started hopping around, Blooping. It was a little adorable, every time she said the word, small jets of water would shoot out of her mouth.

"Okay, it's settled! Bloop it is. Sorry I scared you earlier."

Oath

[spoiler=Click for Music]
http://youtube.com/v/0_dH20QC9M4&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

After the naming was complete, Lynne pointed down the path they had come. "Congratulations on catching a Pokemon! We should probably head back to the school now though. We'll have one more task after we get back, but we should visit the Pokemon center first and get your Pokemon back in their best shape." The two head back through the marshes towards the academy. It was an uneventful trip without any problems, and before they knew it, the two of them were in the Pokemon center.

FoxyPox

"Right! I almost forgot about Glitch..."

I started down the path, running. It's probably best to keep him happy - that way he wouldn't use his secret weapon on anyone else...

Oath

The attendants at the Pokemon center saw Lynne and Foxy enter, and shortly after, Foxy's Pokemon were tended to. "So, Foxy for the last part of your orientation, you have to battle another trainer. We have various arenas on campus for this purpose, so hopefully you're up for it!" Lynne always liked to see the reaction to a Pokemon battle, it could say a lot about someone's character.

FoxyPox

I flashed Lynne a crafty grin. That was just the thing to pique my interest.

Pokemon battles? You mean, against other students...?

I figured trainer battles would be a little more difficult, but all the more rewarding. Sure, I couldn't catch their pokemon, but a battle like that would be perfect for learning teamwork and strategy. And if my Pokemon and I got even stronger...

The monolith of a ladder loomed in front of me, the Elite Four at the very top. Between me and them lay an infinite array of forces poised to strike me down. The first rung lay within my reach.

"And who exactly would I be fighting?"

Oath

"That depends on who is around when we get to the arena, if there isn't a suitable trainer around, then you will be battling me, of course." Lynne smiled and pointed into the distance. "The arenas can be found over there, so we might as well check if anyone is there!" She left the Pokemon center after Foxy's Pokemon were returned, and briskly walked towards the arenas.

FoxyPox

I followed shortly behind, only beginning to appreciate the scope of the curriculum here. Slowly I begun to let my mind wander to the other students. They were no longer simply my peers... they were enemy combatants, and most with a significant head start. Of course, I wasn't going to let that faze me. I took a deep breath and vowed to be the badass I always wanted to be, like it said on my shirt.

"Alright, let me at 'em! Who's first!?"

Of course, my voice had to crack about halfway through...

Oath

The arena seemed to be rather sparse as the two got there, without any competition in sight, Lynne turned to Foxy. "Guess you're stuck battling me. We'll each use three Pokemon. Since that is how many you have. If you take out three of mine, you're the winner. Lynne set aside all but three of her Pokeballs, and proceeded to one side of the arena. "Ready when you are, Foxy!"

FoxyPox

[spoiler="Click For Battle Musicssss .~."]https://www.youtube.com/v/j6qaPxf7EV4[/spoiler]

"Alright! Let's do this!"

Something about Pokemon battles just hyped me up beyond all reason. I almost skipped across to the other side.

"Okay, Let's show 'em what you're made of!"

I took out my Pokeballs and realized something: I had no idea which pokeball was which. They were all white, red and round. Greeeeat.  Might as well just choose one and hope for the best.

[info]
Rolling for what pokemon I summoned:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
1 is Rose,
2 is Glitch,
3 is Bloop[/info]

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/YHqKz-Y6VnQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Lynne tossed out a Pokeball of her own. "Alright Queenie! Show them what you've got!" The Combee flapped its wings hard, bringing up a Gust of wind!

[info]Combee acts after Eevee, but action is declared in reverse order. So Combee will announce what it is going to do, then Eevee then resolve. Will make rolls public for this.

Gust Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
Gust damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+15 : 4, 4 + 15, total 23[/blockquote]

Next: Rose to declare actions+roll

FoxyPox

Rose rolls out of her Pokeball and into a combat stance, ready for battle right out of the gate. She couldn't help but hop around a bit - she's always bursting with energy, and this was the best kind of exercise.

"Rose, you know what to do. Just like we practiced."

[info]Sand Attack Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote] Aaand no damage roll.[/info]