[Foxy] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxyPox

I pocket my pokedex, not wanting to risk any possible water damage. Slowly, I took a seat.

"Hiya. Something tells me I probably shouldn't feed you my tuna sandwich, soooo.... candy?"

Charm: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+3 : 3, 5, 1 + 3, total 12[/blockquote]
Guile: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 6 + 1, total 12[/blockquote]

All pokemon love candy. Or at least they should. It's only right. I held out a box of rainbow colored treats that Rose always liked. As long as I don't do this next to a creepy white van, it should work without a hitch! Right?

I guess it would usually work on smaller pokemon. Imagine trying to feed an Onyx... without it biting off your hand...

Oath

The Wooper takes a sniff at the candy, then turns its nose up and steps away from Foxy, its seemingly not interested in that flavor of candy.

FoxyPox

...Huh.

I munch on the candy bar absentmindedly. This was going to be tougher than I thought.

"well, if you don't want candy, how about... a playdate?"

I send out Rose. Almost immediately she jumps back, clinging to my shirt, hissing at me. Water isn't her thing, apparently, so back into the ball she goes. Then comes Glitch, who begins splashing around, that cheerful smile eternally across his mouthless face. Maybe they'd be friends. Maybe.

If not, it was high time to see what Glitch could really do...

Oath

Wooper looks at the Porygon, and backs away from it. Clearly it hasn't seen something like it before, and doesn't particularly want anything to do with it.

FoxyPox

I scratch my head as Glitch circles around the Wooper.

"What are you even doing..."

Glitch skips around for a bit, and then skids to an abrupt halt. It seems to be sizing up the Wooper.

[info]Glitch attempts to use DOWNLOAD on Wooper!
Not sure what to use, Glitch's Focus I guess.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 2, total 7[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

[info]Wooper's special defense is lowest. Glitch gets +5 to special attack damage. Also, don't need to roll for stuff like that, but for attacks you need to do a 1d20 accuracy check, and the damage roll for whatever move, which is on the sheet![/info]

Wooper looks at the Porygon with confusion as it beeps and blips, and continues to move away from it.

FoxyPox

Something tells me this Wooper's going to have quite a few nightmares later. I guess if you've never seen one before, a Porygon would be pretty scary. Pink, too. Especially if...

"Glitch, Psybeam!"

Accuracy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 12d6+27 : 6, 6, 6, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1, 4, 1, 5, 5 + 27, total 75[/blockquote]

FoxyPox

...I accidentally rolled 12d6+27 for damage, whoops.

Here's the legit roll.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+27 : 5, 3 + 27, total 35[/blockquote]

Oath

The Wooper reels from the blow of Psybeam, clearly injured. It responds to the attack with a blast of water that smashes Glitch in the face.

[info]Wooper is hit for 29 damage, and takes two injuries. Glitch is hit for 13 damage.

Damage:
Glitch: 46/59
Wooper: 29, -def, -sdef.

FoxyPox

My eyes lit up as Glitch unleashed a ray of laser spacedeath upon the poor little guy. The sound echoed through the marsh, a shockwave that did not belong. The worst part of it was that Glitch only barely grazed the Wooper. Behind him was a gaping hole in a rock. I shivered.

Good thing he's on my side...

The Wooper returned fire with a jet of water, sizzling over Glitch and making him spark a little. Water and Code don't seem to mix. Glitch wasn't smiling anymore.

Now tackle him, Glitch! Just... don't kill him...

Accuracy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+14 : 5, 3 + 14, total 22[/blockquote]

Oath

Porygon charged, and Wooper deftly rolled out of the way, releasing a spray of water as the creature flew by, hitting Porygon in the back.

[info]Wooper dodges Tackle. Wooper uses Watergun, hitting Porygon for 14 damage!

Damage:
Glitch: 32/59

FoxyPox

Glitch missed... but maybe that was a good thing. The Wooper was looking a little woozy, maybe I could capture it...! After Glitch cleared out of the way, I figured I'd toss a pokeball. That'd work, hopefully...
Accuracy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Capture:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 59, total 59[/blockquote]

Oath

The Pokeball sailed over Wooper's head, landing in the water behind it.

[info] Status unchanged, new round.[/info]

FoxyPox

The pokeball hits a nearby tree. Unfortunately, it was nothing close to being a Sudowoodo. Even then I wouldn't have caught it. Another try...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 47, total 47[/blockquote]

Oath

The second Pokeball gets closer, but Wooper ducks under it while sending another jet of water at Porygon.

[info]Pokeball misses. Wooper uses Water Gun! It hits Glitch for 16 damage. Glitch takes 1 Injury. Porygon to act, or pass turn to start a new round.

Damage:
Glitch: 16/59 -sdef