[Foxy] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/FLv7ME5fPfA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne followed the boy as he chased after his Eevee. It didn't seem to be very well trained. He ended up running into a sign and falling to the ground with a thud, by the time Lynne caught up to him, the Eevee was sitting on his chest, victorious. Lynne offered him a hand, to get up.

"You may want to train your Eevee a little bit, Foxy. At any rate, we should probably get to buying supplies, who knows how long it could take us to flush out one of the wild Pokemon in the area. Feel free to take as long as you need in the store, and ask any questions you might have about merchandise. The store had lots of products available, with Pokeballs and potions and other adventuring items lining the shelves. The staff seemed friendly and willing to help.

FoxyPox

"Heh, I guess for the most part, she trains me."

I get up, and put Rose back on my head, where it's quite hard to lose track of her. Then I proceed to meander through the store, trying not to snatch up all the little trinkets along the way. Inevitably, I'd probably end up buying a few action figures I'd never play with. How much were those pokeball toolkit thingamajiggers, anyway...? Oh, plus, Rose probably wants some more of that candy...

Oath

A cashier informed Foxy that the Pokeball Toolbox was $500, and that there was not any candy of any sort in stock currently, they then left him to browse the shop as he liked, waiting for him to decide what he would like to purchase.

FoxyPox

"No candy, huh? Seems like a rare find these days. I guess I'll buy one of those toolkits...and also this scarf. In case Rose catches a cold."

I plop down one of the fancy toolkits, and what appears to be a roll of colored toilet paper. Rose rolls over on my head, completely uninterested.

After a minute, I start to wonder if there's anything I can buy that would help Rose get some kind of an edge in battle...

FOXY seems to be looking forrrr....:
.Rare Candies (Fat Chance...)
.Any kind of pokemon clothing (No one will know, he has a thing for playing dressup...)
.Technical Machines for later use (Of course, he understands some people can be quite toxic about it)
.Perhaps some leftovers for Rose to snack on...
.That Pokemon Toolkit he's itching to buy
.Any video games. Any at all. Even Flappy Pidgey. Yes, even that.

Oath

[info]Clothes for Eevee are free. Unless you insist on paying. [/info]

[spoiler=Click for shop!]
This is the current stock, may change from time to time, so be sure to check back! Alternatively, keep an eye out for wandering traders, or what other players may pick up and want to sell!

FoxyPox

[info]Foxy purchases the Pokeball Toolbox, Cooking Set, a flashlight, and two pokeballs. He gets Rose a fancy scarf, too.[/info]

The scarf's like this one 0~0

"Thank you! ^~^ Okay Lynne, where's the next stop on our tour?"

Oath

[info]Purchases resolved, items added to sheet, money deducted.[/info]

"Next, we're going to go look for a wild Pokemon! There's a somewhat marshy area near town that it should be easy enough to find something in. Not a lot of people go there, so hopefully some Pokemon went out to play." Lynne pointed to a path and started walking. She was curious how Foxy would do at capturing a Pokemon, everyone had a different approach to battle, so it was interesting to see.

FoxyPox

"Whoo, Pokemon!!"

Unable to contain myself, I break into a run along the path. About twenty feet down the path, I skid to a halt.

What a dork, I'm gonna scare all the wild pokemon away...!

From that point on, I practically tiptoed down the path, Rose's pokeball in hand...

Oath

[spoiler=Click for Music]
http://youtube.com/v/0_dH20QC9M4&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The two travel through the marshy areas, the ground started to get softer, squishing beneath your feet as you go. The hustle and bustle of town has slowly faded, being replaced by the sounds of nature. Birds fluttering around and chirping as they fly tree to tree, frogs and other small creatures hopping around. Willows hanging down towards the marsh. A faint splashing in the distance.

[info]Foxy to roll Perception.[/info]

FoxyPox

https://www.youtube.com/v/N2Ikt9RJCNk&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]
[info]Roll for Perception...
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 3 + 1, total 9
Roll for Education (Pokemon) to recall what kind of pokemon live in marshes...
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 1 + 1, total 7[/info]

I trudge along the path, the canopy degenerating into a shade of darkness that could only be felt. Instinctively clinging onto my flashlight, I couldn't bring myself to flick it on. This was a test of courage. Evil doesn't lurk here, pokemon do. Even if it did, I'd catch it all the same. I walked at a slower pace, inspecting every tree, twig, bush. Not even the dirt beneath my feet was below my notice.  Around me, the world grew silent...

Oath

Foxy doesn't recall any specific pokemon that could be living here, but figures that if one is splashing around, it's likely a water type. As he looked in the distance, he saw a small, blue Pokemon splashing about. It didn't seem to notice you from how far away you were.

[info]Foxy to roll Stealth if you want to approach.[/info]

FoxyPox

https://www.youtube.com/v/FhER1h_Qhx4&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 3, 2 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]

I slowly edge towards the water, trying to get a closer look.

Oath

The Pokemon notices you, but doesn't flee. It seems a bit guarded, and wary, but doesn't seem to want to give up its position.

FoxyPox

Slowly, I retrieve my Pokedex and turn the volume way down.

"Psst, Dex, who's that Pokemon...?"

Education (Pokemon)
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 3, 2 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Oath

The Pokedex lights up as you close in on the Pokemon. Displays it as a Wooper, the Water Fish Pokemon.