[Foxy] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[info]Roleplay for FoxyPox only.[/info]
[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

You were new to Xan Academy. You'd heard about the programs available, how it was focused on actually doing what you wanted to do, rather than learning about it in a book. Perfect for your goals. The prestigious academy was located in the beautiful Celadon City, the hustle and bustle of the population and all of the academy students was a bit overwhelming, and you had retired to your dorm room to get a handle on things and finish unpacking. It was the middle of the afternoon, and you had finished unpacking and setting up your room the way you wanted it. As you were sitting down to relax, you heard a knock on the door. Lightly at first. Tap. Tap. Then more forceful. Thud thud thud. You had heard that there was an orientation program, where a student who had been there a while would come to help you out as you got used to the academy, and suspected that might be who was at your door.

[info]I know you've done Roleplaying for years, but would like to try to keep the transfer threads similar, so here we go.

Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about academy that made you want to come here for your field of study?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out your Pokemon to attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

FoxyPox

The move was rather uneventful, surprisingly. There wasn't much to pack, save for several dozen posters I never had room to pin up before, mostly adverts and splashes for Mew knows what saucy new bleeding edge tech. My parents were ecstatic that I was out of the house. Maybe a little too ecstatic, given the alarming speed at which they had enrolled me here following the conversation at dinner. One imagines they had pre-filled the requisite paperwork and had things already packed to expedite any possible event which would involve me moving out. What unimaginable foresight.

My parents had already signed me up for the core. Boring, and nothing a little white-out couldn't fix. Soon I would be drooling all over the Academy's priceless, godlike servers as I learn to build (Or am finally able to build) a real, working Storage Box for Pokeballs, accessible anywhere around the world. Ah, teleportation.... one of my favorite superpowers, besides shapeshifting. Come to think of it, that explains some things.

*Adds more tape sticking the Alakazam and Ditto posters onto the wall, above my bed*

I walked into the Academy with a backpack full of food, too many books (Even though you can never have too many books), and the Pokedex that was my entire life in the palm of my hands. Also an Eevee on my head. What can I say? Rose helps blow off steam. It's been a few hours, and already I feel like I'm at home again... which felt wrong. The whole reason I left home was to be away from home. Obviously. If I was going to stay here, a few things would have to change...

*Hesitantly starts taking down the most nostalgic of posters, including that Gardevoir pin up I loved so much...*

The door. They're at it again. I guess I should stop treating it like a home invasion, it's a dorm after all. Perhaps they brought chocolate!

*Puts my ear up to the door, listening intently*
"What's the password...!?"

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Foxy could hear a muffled response through the door. What sounded like a whisper. "...Hm.. Password huh... Cheese!" The voice was feminine, and sounded as if they were also a student here. There wasn't much else you could hear outside of your door but the person had come to the right place.

FoxyPox

"Close enough." I open the door, not the least bit apprehensive. She sounded nice, and maybe we'll end up as friends! "I hope you don't mind the mess. I'm Foxy, nice to meetcha!"

the person behind the door is greeted by an almost adult boy of slightly taller than average height, more if you include his eternal bedhead. He is wearing, oddly enough, something that looks like a kilt and also a fur-lined jacket with a cool looking dragon Pokemon, seemingly of his own design, on the back. His blue eyes seem  full of mirth and a glean of knowledge beyond. He's also got one of those neat graphic tees, this one emblazoned with the slogan "be a badass, every second of the day."

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/0YEfHOIFcKQ&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Foxy opens the door to see a girl, a bit older than himself. She was dressed in a light pink blouse, with a white skirt and a floral patterned hat. Her hair hung down to her shoulders, and she had a warm smile on her face. Around her waist there was a camera case, and several Pokeballs. "Hi! You must be Foxy. I'm Lynne, the academy has asked me to help you out with your orientation, since you've just transferred here.  So if you're not busy, there's a few things here on the list of things that we've gotta do to keep the academy happy, and help get you situated. First I'll show you to the cafeteria, I don't know if you've eaten, but I could use a late lunch. Then after that, we'll go to the Academy's store, where we can outfit you with all of the supplies you'll need here. After that, well, we can get to that part when we get there.

Her warm smile was inviting, and she seemed friendly enough. Learning more about the academy you'd be living would be a great opportunity as well.

FoxyPox

This... damned blush...!! I thought I'd gotten over it already, but my inescapable nature has rendered me horribly embarrassed, and for no reason in particular. What use is this redness, how self-destructive in form and intent...?! I was standing there like a complete and utter zombie, until Rose whacked me on the head with her paw. She was never one to suffer my idiocy.

"Um... sure, sounds great! I'm absolutely starving..."

There, my gambit was played, albeit rather crudely. Now to see if I was still capable of human interaction after all this time in voluntary solitary confinement.

Oath

[spoiler=Click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Lynne giggled, and pointed down the hall. "Shall we be on our way then?" Lynne walked across campus rather gracefully, always aware of her surroundings, and before too long the two of you had arrived at the cafeteria. It was fairly busy, though it was between peak hours. They got their food and sat at a table to eat. Pausing between bites, Lynne decided to tell Foxy the next part of his orientation. "So Foxy, after we go to the store to buy some supplies you might need, we'll be going out to look for a wild Pokemon to catch. Part of orientation is making sure that everyone is able to catch a Pokemon since you never know what you're going to run into during your time here." This was the part of orientation that people always loved, and Lynne was sure Foxy would be the same way.

FoxyPox

Over time, the uneasiness faded. It was a lot easier than I had anticipated, probably because Lynne was so friendly. She led the way through the school and most of the conversation, and on the way to the cafeteria I had already mapped out several of the wings I'd passed and recognized in the handbook. The food was decent. Rose at most of it, as usual. But then...

"You have wild Pokemon here? Like, your own miniature safari zone or something?"

Never one able to conceal my feelings at all, I find myself leaning in, suddenly quite interested.

Oath

[spoiler=Click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/s8FMgxjl9oM&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Well.. there are zones like that too, but that isn't where we'll be going. We have quite a few Wild zones at the Academy, each with a different habitat. There's also wild Pokemon that just live outside of campus along the roads. You just need to look and you can find them." Lynne knew about the Academy Wild Zones, but she actually hadn't been to one quite yet. They were apparently quite popular, but there were a lot of facilities on campus, and between trying everything and working on her photography, Lynne hadn't found the time to go into one quite yet. It was nice however, to see that each new student was passionate about being at the academy.

"So, Foxy, what are you hoping to study here at the Academy?"

FoxyPox

Note to self: explore these "Wild Zones."

Scratching my head, racking my brain to remember what exactly I came here for, I start to realize how little I planned things out. And then it hit me.

"Welllll I'm really interested in all kinds of technology. I mean, I play a lot of video games, yeah, but have you ever seen inside a Pokedex? Or even a Pokeball? Maybe I'll build my own one day, I don't know. Or pry open a masterball, duplicate it somehow. To be honest, I only really signed up for most of the classes because they sounded fun, or remotely having to do with that goal. Oh, and art."

I lean to the side, trying to sound cool, but really only enunciating the impulsiveness of my choices. Rose hops off of my head, uninterested, and proceeds to curl up in my lap.

Oath

Well, they do sell kits on campus that allow you to create your own Pokeballs, so you might be able to do that sooner rather than later. As for art, I can't tell you too much about the curriculum here, but I'm sure its held to high standards like the rest of the courses offered at the Academy. Lynne finished her meal and returned the tray to the proper area before coming back. "When you're ready, we can head on over to the Academy's store. There's a lot of stuff around there for you to look at."

FoxyPox

"Sure, that sounds like a good plan. The cash I have in my pocket is practically burning a hole through it, begging to be spent."
I took my fourth and final bite of lunch (Rose ate the rest) and returned my tray. Next stop? The store!

"Come on, Rose, we've got to-"
She wasn't on my head. Or my lap. Or anywhere in the immediate vicinity. I did the quick double take you do when you still don't believe what just happened. Yup, still not there. Maybe she's playing hide and seek again - she does that in my room all the time.
"...Oh, fiddlesticks. Lynne, have you seen my Eevee?"

Oath

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 4d6+1 : 4, 6, 5, 6 + 1, total 22[/blockquote]

Oath

http://youtube.com/v/9yc7tDZcCTU&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Lynne's sharp eyes spotted the Eevee before it got too far away, exploring under a table. "She went that way! Lynne pointed towards the Eevee and waited for Foxy to fetch her. She then remembered the gift that she was supposed to give each new student. "Oh right, as part of the orientation and ensuring that you are properly equipped to catch a wild Pokemon, the school  starts each student off with some cash to spend at the store, facilitating an easy capture." Lynne handed the boy the money with a smile. "Alright, when you're ready we can head over to the store, feel free to take your time browsing to find what you are looking for."

[info] Foxy gains $1000, added to sheet.[/info]

FoxyPox

"Thanks, Lynne. Rose, get back here....!"

I chase after Rose, who leads me under a table, over another, into someone's tray (Sending a gratuitous splattering of mashed potatoes into my face), through the lunch line, across the kitchen, down a hallway, Into a crowd of people who will probably bully me later, past some lockers (Three of which I smacked into, probably denting), and face-first into a sign. It read "Academy Store."

As I lay on the floor in a daze, Rose sat on me.

"Ugh..."