[Ava] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Throndir, January 19, 2016, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Closed RP for Latkei, though potentially bringing in others when needed.[/info]

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/RV4YsgRF7Ss&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

You were new to the town, at least, the suburbs of the city. Your parents had chosen a home that was still close to Celadon city, but also within viewing distance of the prestigious Xan Academy. This had been your first time in Celadon city, in the Kanto region, and from what you heard about the academy, you wondered how prestigious this academy actually was. You knew they weren't like other academies which focused on book-learning, but instead focused on practical applications. You heard rumors that they didn't even bother with attendance, and fully excused students who had assignments to far off regions for weeks at a time.

The move out here was surprisingly faster than you expected. It didn't take long for the movers to move everything, and soon enough the house was set, albeit with some furniture moving and re-decoration still needed.

You were already accepted to the Xan Academy, and today was the day you were told to come in. But strangely enough, you were told that someone was to come to pick you up. Some sort of orientation you figured. Either way, when your Pokedex rang, its alarm set to wake you up in the morning, you excitedly prepared.

It was still morning and it was then that you heard a knock at the door. At first soft, as if hesitant, but shortly after it came again, though slightly more forceful than before.

[info]Unspecified Trainer Exp for your entry post!
You could...
-Talk about the move to your new home. The reasons for  the move if any - new job for the parents? You really wanted to go to the Academy?
-Describing your thoughts and feelings about transferring academies.
-What town were you from? Your previous school? Previous friends?
-What did you hear about the nursing school at the academy?

Or skip the above, and simply write about:
-Opening the door
-Trying to see who it is (that little door peephole, or maybe a window)
-Send out Eve and have her attack whoever is out there
-Or something else ridiculous
[/info]

Latkei

While Ava prepared for her first day at the academy, she couldn't help but wonder about the nursing school. She new that it was one of the best schools in Kanto and the most appealing part of it was attendance was optional. Well, at least that was the rumor. She was thrilled with the idea of starting somewhere new. Ava's Eevee, Eve, seemed excited as well. She was bouncing everywhere like a furry ball of energy.

Ava was busy daydreaming about the academy to hear the first knock on the door. When the second knock was more forceful, it startled Ava and woke her up out of her trance. Eve let out a small growl as Ava ran to the door and tried to peak out the peephole but it seemed oddly high. I guess that's normal for Kanto doors, she thought. She checked the window instead and saw a girl in a school uniform waiting out front. "Oh, that must be the student coming to pick me up" Ava said to herself. She opened the door with a huge smile on her face and waved eagerly. "Hi! I'm Ava Stone and this is my Pokemon Ev-" Ava was cut off mid sentence by Eevee lunging towards the girl at the door.

Throndir

Nena Ains

"Uwa-ha-" Nena gasped as the Eevee pounced on her. It was unexpected and it was all Nena could do to try to maintain her footing. Unfortunately Nena was never the dexterous type, and she eventually lost her footing altogether. The sudden new weight off-balanced her, causing her to foot to slip, and Nena fell to the ground right on her back.

She had attempted to catch her fall, and though it slightly helped she still fell unceremoniously.

"O-owie..." She rubbed the back of her head as she laid on the stone path, flat on her back, looking up towards the sky.

Latkei

"Oh no! Are you ok!?" Ava leaned down to the girl on the ground and offered a hand to help her up.

Ava looked over at Eve sitting happily on top of the student like she had just taken out a villain. "Eve, you can't do that. She didn't do anything bad." Eve's ears laid down in shame.

"I'm sorry, she is just really protective" Ava said looking back at the student on the ground.

Throndir

Nena Ains

She took up the offered hand, as she began to stand up.

"Y-yes" Nena stammered. She had tried to prepare for the encounter all day yesterday, even trying to rehearse lines the day before on what she would say. This was the first time she would be introducing someone to the academy after all, and the first time she made any sort of house-visit.

When she finally mustered enough courage to knock on the door however, she thought she was prepared. But as she looked at the other new-student in front of her, she couldn't help but lose the words she was going to say. She figured the Eevee bumping her down had something to do with it.

She breathed in deeply to calm herself.

"I'm here to introduce you to the school! A-and give you your first assignment." Nena finally said. "I'm Nena. And u-um..." She completely blanked on what the new student's name was. She remembered she was reading it not so long ago too.