[Vahn] Birthday

Started by Throndir, January 08, 2016, 01:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

On your bed lies a small pouch. Inside the pouch looked to be some grey-colored dust.

[info]For roleplaying purposes, anyone can claim ownership of giving the particular gift, if so, I'll PM you what it is. Just let me know. x2 roleplaying exp on these threads.

Vahn receives pouch of dust (unidentified, 1065)[/info]

Valiancy

Vahn stares down the peculiar pouch, for some reason apprehensive about going any closer to the bed.

Poison? Explosives? Candy...? He runs his tongue against one of his molars. Please don't be candy, I can't afford to have another cavity fixed.

With eyes closed, peeking lightly from one, he pokes the pouch and exhales in relief when nothing bad happens.

He opens the bag and peers inside.
Candy...? He dabs an index finger against his tongue then onto the dust, and tastes it.

Hm. Can't tell if candy.

Vahn looks around sheepishly for whoever may have placed this strange thing on his bed.

Linwelin

Vladimir was wandering down the hall, staring at an apple. "It hasn't aged at all..." he mutters to himself. He was headed out of the guild to check on this mysterious object, but stops when he notice's Vahn's door open. "Good day, Vahn- You look unsettled, what's the matter?" Vladimir had to cut his greeting short, noticing that the paladin was looking around nervously, holding a bag.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Valiancy

His eyes light up as soon as he notices Vlad. "Help. Me." With the bag nestled in the palms of his hands, he pokes it towards Vlad. "Can't tell if danger!" The lithe elf seems to have forgotten a chunk of his vocabulary and grammar from the quick onset of nervousness. "I-I don't know what is! Who placed. Where from. No idea! HELP-"

Vahn faceplants in to Vlad in helplessness, his eyes pleading "ME!"

Linwelin

Vladimir was trying not to laugh. He'd never seen Vahn this exasperated and panicked, not that he'd known the man long. It almost seemed like he may've eaten whatever was in the bag. But Vladimir was concerned. It seemed he wasn't the only one receiving bag bagged "gifts" in his room. Vladimir planted both of his hands on the man's shoulders. "Calm down, we'll figure this out. I was actually about to go get my own mysterious gift checked out. Would you like to come along with yours?" Vladimir showed Vahn the mysterious apple.

"Looks delicious right?" Vladimir waits for confirmation. "It's months old, and hasn't aged a bit. Definitely odd. I'll be going to see Cayne for it."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Valiancy

He eyes the apple with suspicion. "Yes. Yes, let's get these checked out. I don't enjoy not knowing what something in my possession is. Time is fleeting, where's Cayne? He's not here, let's go to where he is!" Excitedly, the man dashes through the door past Vlad without a clue of where he's going.

Linwelin

"Vahn wai- And there he goes..." Vladimir says, now to himself, as he watches the paladin rush out the doors and down the hall. "Hopefully he knows where he's going." The methuselan shrugged before running off after the surprisingly excitable man.

QuoteSince this is related to Birthday stuff, and there will still be RP, I'm doing the shop keeping here.

After finally catching up to him and preventing the elf from running halfway around the city, Vladimir led Vahn to the eerie little shop in the backstreets. Despite the location, he was actually quite renowned for his abilities. Upon entering the shop, Vahn felt chills, though Vladimir did not seem to flinch at the odd presence.

"You...!" While browsing the shelves on the way to the counter, you turn to see an old man pointing at you. Yes, you. And it's not just an old man, it's the old man. the one that pointed you to the guild your first day in town. He walks up to you, his finger still pointing. "Destiny continues to bring us together, elf. But it looks like you're discovering that very well!" He nods at your guild emblem.

He begins looking you both over curiously. "So, what have you come here for? Ailements? Curses? Hexes? Mysterious goods that are beyond reason?"

"An apple." Vladimir says plainly, presenting the fruit and catching the man off-guard. "And a pouch of dust." Vladimir motioned for Vahn to present the pouch.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"An apple! And a pouch of dust..." He proceeds to take both as he begins to look and examine them over with a studious gaze. "Ah, yes yes!" He exclaimed as he moved between each item. He began attempting strange actions, such as smelling both the items, he had even begun opening the pouch of dust, though you took note that he didn't pull any of it out. Shortly after that he began going through a huge tome, pouring through the old pages, reading something, then moving on to other parts of the ancient book.

Eventually, satisfied, he gave a description of each of the items.

"Be wary of this particular apple, one bite will send you to an eternal sleep!" He said as he moved the apple back to the front of the counter.

"As for this pouch of dust, it has the ability to hide any evidence of movement. With the amount of dust in here... One usage." With that he moved the pouch to the front as well.

QuoteGo ahead and update your money/inventory. 100 gp for both of these.

Apple of Eternal Sleep
This ripe red apple looks fresh and delicious. Should anyone bite into it (even a small taste), he must make an immediate DC 19 Will saving throw or fall into an eternal slumber as though by the witch's grand hex of the same name. The victim can only be awakened by a casting of break enchantment, limited wish, wish, or miracle, or by a kiss from someone of royal blood.

Dust of Tracelessness
This normal-seeming dust is actually a magic powder that can conceal the passage of its possessor and his companions. Tossing a handful of this dust into the air causes a chamber of up to 100 square feet of floor space to become as dusty, dirty, and cobweb-laden as if it had been Abandoned and disused for a decade.

A handful of dust sprinkled along a trail causes evidence of the passage of as many as a dozen men and horses to be obliterated for 250 feet back into the distance. The results of the dust are instantaneous, and no magical Aura lingers afterward from this use of the dust. Survival checks made to track a quarry across an area affected by this dust have a DC 20 higher than normal.