[Survey/Ongoing] Mission Ideas

Started by Linwelin, May 26, 2015, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

SO! I'd meant to do this a while ago, but I'm making this thread for the players to pitch game ideas to the DMs. I know a lot of you have plenty of good ideas, and just don't have the expertise and/or time to run them. BUT WORRY NOT, MY FELLOW GAMERS! We'll cover you, and if the idea is well-liked, we'll run it with you as a reference. Sound good? I hope so.

All you need to do is post a vague idea/summary of what you want to be made.

That way, no spoilers for if it's picked. Once everyone's posted a few ideas, we'll make a poll for voting, and the top few will be kept for when we're looking to plan a new mission.

If yours is chosen, we will message you for a bit more detail on what you want to happen.

We'll discuss if things can and can't work, as well as offer suggested compromises, though if you want to play in your own idea, we'll probably not ask for too much. Can't spoil YOU either :P

Anyways, let the brainstorming begin!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

"Can there be one where the guild hall... blows up or something?" A familiar voice rang. "I'd pay to see that."
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Bootman

I think what I'd like to see is a setup for some epic actual story, where we can generate recurring NPCs and running plot lines. I understand the planning inherent in that idea, and that the guild is by and large a lighthearted RP, but it'd be cool be able to be a part of a long term plot.

...But if I were to suggest just a random idea, I'd say playing some sort of sport with a rival guild to solve differences. Or maybe even a series of all small games against eachother

Fellow Rabbit

Eric Whittock

A great of commotion could suddenly be heard nearby. Many guild members were exclaiming either confusedly, angrily, or some combination of the two, and by the sound of it, the screams were growing nearer. More and more members were becoming aware of whatever it was that was causing this great disturbance, and before long it became obvious what this great disturber was. Not that it should have been any surprise anyway.

Eric, in all his mad-hatching of brilliant ideas, was making his way fast and low to the guild's mission board. But he wasn't walking, running, or really relying on his legs at all to get him where he wanted to be. No, he had opted instead to roll to his destination. He had literally laid down on his side and was rolling to the bulletin board like a little kid would roll down a hill. Except in this case, there were many other guild members in his path, most of whom were unaware of his unpredictable antics until the gnome had already mowed them over. Eric, of course, cared naught of their opinions and scolding, for this new mode of transportation was surely the one. His guild mates were stumbling all over and he was grinning happily all-the-while.

Finally, after rousing the whole guild into a great commotion, he came to a halt just next to Katrias, slowly rising to his feet and keeping his eyes fixed on her face the entire time. To anyone else, that would perhaps be entirely awkward, but Eric had no sense of empathy for the way other perceived him and his actions. All he was interested in now was what he had just heard.

There he stood, standing virtually silent as he stared right at Katrias' left nostril, before he finally broke his own silence. "DID SOMEBODY SAY 'BLOW UP OR SOMETHING'?!" he yelled quite loudly as if Katrias was perhaps deaf in one ear. "I THINK I CAN HELP WITH THAT! OH YEAH! I, TOO, WOULD LIKE TO SEE EXPLOSIONS!"

The gnome reached into his bag and retrieved a black ball with a lit fuse and held it high above his head for all to see. "PREPARE FOR FIREWORKS!"
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

@Bootman, yup we got stuff planned. Or at least I do anyways. The other DMs are free to run their own things/stories. And I encourage it too. The main story is pending on the end of the Tournaments, as well as the Tinderbox RP to an extent. I expect those to finish in a few months time.

Linwelin

@Boot and Throndir: Yea, we already have big stories (with more in planning stages). This is for "quick missions". Sorry, should've specified XD

We wanna be able to keep you guys busy while we polish up the big guns :D

So from what I'm seeing, a demolition mission (Yes, I'm considering it after thinking on it. Though not the guild hall. Sorry Katrias), and sporting events similar to the New Year's stuff. What else ya got? :P
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Maeve would like to destroy undead. There should be more undead killing missions.

Throndir

Quote from: Ella on May 27, 2015, 02:01:00 PM
Maeve would like to destroy undead. There should be more undead killing missions.

Flaming undead. Kin would love it.

Fellow Rabbit

I think I heard that some had already been created, but I would like to see a good puzzle mission. Something that could really get you thinking, but isn't too difficult to get through.

That may or may not have been what Skin and Bones was about though. I still have to read it. >.>
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

FoxyPox

Ooh do one where we come back from some adventure and the guild has been taken over by impostor look alikes 0~0

or squatters X3