[IC/Renewed] The Assaulted Caravan

Started by Linwelin, May 10, 2015, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Serena casts mage armor when her turn comes

[spoiler=initiative][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

akicheeto

Ardeth rushed forward drawing her longsword. It wasn't much of a surprise that there were still hobgoblins left but why they stayed would be something she can figure out later.

Attack [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 10 + 9, total 19[/blockquote]

Damage [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Linwelin

The hobgoblin force quickly sprang into action, and into formation. The swordsmen made sure to meet their enemies' ranks in combat, acting as a sort of wall for their archers. However, they'd not expected such ferocity from the newcomers, and did not manage to block their swords in time. That blunder cost one of them their lives instantly as Ryine's blade cut straight through the beast, cleaving its torso, and heart, in two. Blood sprayed and splatted around the immediate area, only fueling the warrior's rage. Following suit, Ardeth and Kynnstitia rush forward toward separate targets. Kynnstitia quickly circles around to the West and charges the next member of the hobgoblin vanguard, landing a solid blow, impaling the creature's shoulder before withdrawing and dodging its retaliative strike. The hobgoblins seemed to have recovered from having their ambush discovered at this point, and quickly began a counter-attack. Using the opening of Ryine's reckless swing, one of the three sword-wielding hobgoblins rushed in and thrusts through a gap in the fighter's armor, dealing a small wound as it gets caught in the chainmail rings before rebounding. With the melee getting into full swing, Ardeth's attention is suddenly grabbed as an arrow sails in front of her face. The magus quickly reacts and approaches the source of the arrow, slicing cleanly into the archer's side. Seeing their peril, the other hobgoblins took a quick look at their sentry, only to be dismayed when they notice him slumped on the ground, asleep. There was a particularly slow hobgoblin left, however, and after some gutteral shouts from the others, he went over to the sleeping creature, slapping him awake.

[spoiler]Actions
Katrias puts Hobgoblin 6 to sleep.
Ryine cleaves Hobgoblin 1 in half.
Kynn spikes Hobgoblin 4 in the shoulder for 7 damage.
Hobgoblins mostly miss, with one hitting Ryine for 4 damage.
Serena casts mage armor.
Gimpy wakes up his sleeping friend.
Ardeth slices into the other archer, dealing 8 damage.

Status
Hobgoblin 6 was put to sleep, but is woken up.
Serena has Mage Armor (+4 AC, 4 hours)

Katrias: 43/43
Ryine: 64/68
Kynnstitia: 31/31
Serena: 24/24
Ardeth: 35/35

Turn Order:
Katrias
Ryine
Kynnsistia
Bunch o' Hobgoblins
Serena
Gimpy the Hobblegoblin
Ardeth

I'd make movement rules to keep things orderly, but I'm the worst responder here, right now...so post when you can and I'll resolve when able.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine stepped into the hobgoblin that had struck him, and let loose a fierce, wild swing with Eclipse. "You gave me a taste of steel, so I'll do the same, though mine might be much larger!"

[spoiler]
Attack Roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 7 + 15, total 22[/blockquote]
Damage, if hit: [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+20 : 4, 6, 1, 2 + 20, total 33[/blockquote]

[Info] Ryine is still in Rage,
STR+4 CON +4 AC-2 HP+10

So 70 HP, 26 STR, 22 CON 17 AC[/info]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Ryine's ferocious retaliative strike sliced cleanly through this hobgoblin as well. His blade sliced downward from the right should to the left hip, leaving the top of his foe to slide cleanly off and plop onto the ground, with the bottom falling back from the force. Blood sprayed freely once more, decorating the berserk warrior in an intimidating cloak of blood and gore. This left two more hobgoblins, the archers, in the vanguard, with the sentry and the laggard in the back lines. The sentry looked to be gearing up for escape yet again.

[spoiler]Actions
Ryine cleaves Hobgoblin 2 in half.

Status

Damage
Hobgoblin 1: Dead
Hobgoblin 2: Dead
Hobgoblin 3: 8
Hobgoblin 4: 7
Hobgoblin 6: 0
Gimpy: 0

Turn Order:
Katrias
Ryine
Kynnsistia
Bunch o' Hobgoblins
Serena
Gimpy the Hobblegoblin
Ardeth

Katrias and Kynnsistia to move.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

"Hey Ryine, I'm not sure you can make steel taste large." Katrias called as she pulled out a wand. "What does that even mean?"

QuoteMove action: Pull out Eternal wand of Mage Armor
Standard action: Use it.
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynnstitia charges her next opponent and attempts to deliver a measured strike.

[spoiler]Kynn charges straight towards the next hobgoblin.
Attack roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d6+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP

Linwelin

Katrias' spell was cast successfully, making her much less likely to incur damage, while the half-dragon Kynnstitia charged into the brush toward the sentry, driving her pick into the exposed side of the one aiding him. The blow was a sturdy one, which caused it to yell out in surprise. But he seemed to back away at the last moment, not taking the full damage. Despite facing death, he stood fast, seemingly trying to protect the one behind him recovering from the sleep magic. Just as he stood in Kynnstita's way, you watched as the remaining hobgoblins retreated, heading back into the woods with the sentry. The slowest stayed behind, staring down Kynnstitia, preparing for what he knew to be his last attack as a distraction.

[spoiler]
Actions
Ryine cleaves Hobgoblin 2 in half.
Katrias casts Mage armor.
Kynnstitia strikes Gimpy for 8 damage.
Hobgoblins retreat further into the woods.

Status
Kartias has Mage Armor (+4 AC, 5 hours)

Damage

Hobgoblin 1: Dead
Hobgoblin 2: Dead
Gimpy: 0

Turn Order:

Katrias
Ryine
Kynnsistia
Serena
Gimpy the Hobblegoblin
Ardeth

Serena to move.

Ardeth to make attack of opportunity on hobgoblin 3.
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Serena will run up to the last goblin or as close as possible and punch the goblin strasight ahead of her once and follow it with a chun lee style upper kick to the things head with her smooth dancer like grace as she sends it flying turning to look at the rest of the scene with a small head flip as it hopefully squishes on the ground. with that she could then defend against the other close by.

[info]
Attack 1
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 6 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]
Attack 2 off hand
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote]

[/info]

Mysticsage

add 1d4 to each of those damage rolls