[IC] New Years Festival: Arm Wrestling

Started by Throndir, April 21, 2015, 01:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Rabbit

Gandin overheard the excitement (specifically the phrase "Free prize") coming from the room as he walked by and immediately took the man's challenge.

[spoiler=Gandin retrieves his dice and rolls a Strength check!][blockquote]Strength: 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

Kin Sheel

The halfling was excited for his half-orc/possibly a goblin companion. Well, at first. But soon his eyes looked not at the stage, and instead were covered by his hand in a facepalm. "By the gods...that stubborn goblin never knows when to stop."

Kin quickly marched up on stage and began attempting to release the host from his...ally? All while shouting at the thick-skulled orc.

"Oi! Green bean! Goblin! Get the hell off of him already! He's NOT edible! Or do you want me to cleave you off!?"

Quote[blockquote]Strength:  1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Intimidate:  1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Zultar

"Me? A FREE PRIZE?" He exclaims. "I am Zultar MEATBICYCLE. I am not a free prize! I AM THE CONDUCTOR OF THE POOPTRAIN!"

He said as his mouth foams from his burning rage while his neck is gushing blood.

[spoiler]Resisting Gandin's pull
Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/spoiler]

Throndir

Gandin
Try as you might, you were not able to pull the half-orc off, from his death grip on the armored man's hand. Lord Circus looked at the dwarf disappointingly.

"Do you even lift?" Lord Circus asked plainly.

Zultar

[spoiler=vs Kin]Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/spoiler]

Throndir

Kin & Zultar
The battle was intense as the two midgets continued their war. One a relentless half-orc hellbent on staying put, while the other, a champion fighting for change of the status quo. Indeed, as Kin tugged with as much force as a thousand beers, so too did Zultar hold his ground with naught but his teeth. There were murmurings of the crowd as they witnessed the grand duel, and even the strongman could scarcely believe the straining of such muscles that the two short beings could pull.

Soon enough however, the battle was done. With a final push Kin had pulled the frothing half-orc from its quarry - Zultar's mouth still full of frothing red foam.

Lord Circus nodded approvingly. With a quick nod to the strongman, the muscled man took out what looked to be a bag, and threw it Kin's way.

QuoteResolving Isaac next. Start of a new round, so any previous competitors can repost if they want to.

Linwelin

Kin Sheel

Kin was surprised as he caught the tossed bag in his arms. He had only gone back to the stage to keep an idiot from being an idiot, and hadn't even heard the bit about a 'mini-competition'. "Huh? What? I get a prize for tossing a goblin? I should do that more often...anyways, I feel I made up for my showing with that display. Or did you want a rematch, spiky?" Kin says with a grin.

However, he doesn't entirely wait for a response as he plops down on the ground in a criss-cross position and opens the bag to view his spoils.

Vladimir Ludwik

Vladimir eagerly walks up on the stage to give the contest another attempt; if anything, he wanted to know more of these two. They'd possibly seen though his condition, and for his own safety, Vladimir needed to know how. He gives the two men a stern gaze, full of determination. I'll not lose focus again...

Quickly, Vladimir sat once more before the strongman, giving the armored figure a side-long glance once more before setting his arm on the table. "Let's see who can best who, this time." He said simply.

Quote[blockquote]Strength:  1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Isaac went up the stage, Lord Circus examined the cleric from head to toe.

"Another member of that guild. No more strange businesses I hope. Strongman! Give it your all." The armored man said as he beckoned towards the muscled man. In response, the strongman nodded, though didn't look as jubilant with the competition as before. Lord Circus had given him quite a look when he had lost against the clinging half-orc just a few moments before, and the man probably wasn't looking forward to whatever sort of punishment Lord Circus had in store.

Like usual, Lord Circus came up to the competitors. He hesitated a moment as he brought his hand forward, but realizing that this new guild member probably wasn't going to latch on to his hand with nothing but his teeth, Lord Circus eventually proceeded.

"Win another one... or don't!" With that, Lord Circus released his hold, and the two combatants were at it. At first the Strongman was winning, and the crowd hushed in quiet tones as Isaac slowly lost ground. But soon enough, the slow inching was stopped, and before the strongman knew it, it was he who was backed up, losing to the surprisingly powerful guild member.

A few more moments brought the strongman's hand closer to the table, and a few more moments after that there was a loud thud as the strongman was defeated. There was a cheer when Isaac won, and the strongman couldn't help but comment.

"'Draw Upon Hold Might' or some other nonsense. Bah!"

Kin
Peering into the bag that was thrown towards you, you look inside and see some sort of cloth. It was dark green, and you also notice some sort of long, silvery, razor needles protruding from specific areas of the cloth. Pulling it out you realize it was some sort of robe, with the needles you had seen earlier adorned on each sleeve.

Quote1st winner: Zultar
Mini-Prize winner: Kin
2nd winner: Isaac
3rd (and last) winner: ?

Kin receives:
Robe (unidentified, 1037)

Update your character sheet when able.

Resolving Vladimir next

Fellow Rabbit

Gandin, son of Gehin

The sight before the poor dwarf made him so angry that he could feel the sweat on his face boiling. In fact, many things ground his gears at that point. The fact that he had missed the announcement of this competition was what kicked it all off, but then to not win the prize and subsequently lose it to - of all people - Kin, was even more infuriating than that time when that horrible elf dared stole a bite of his potatoes! There was nothing in Gandin's life that he could have imagined would make him more angry than he was right now. First prize belonged to him, dangit! Kin clearly stole it like the evil sly thief he is! And Gandin now would have to prove his superiority by summarily destroying this so-called "Strong Man" in a no-holds-barred, knock-down, drag-out, free-for-all brawl. This would be a duel! A showdown! And Gandin's quickdraw would have to deliver the force of a hundred thousand Kame-Hame-Has if he wanted to truly show them who was boss. After all, when you come to a gunfight, you better have the guns to show it. Gandin's guns would blow them away. He subconsciously flexed his biceps in beautiful show of muscular superiority.

But then, by the time he had finished glorifying himself, the furious dwarf was rudely welcomed back to the real world by the cheering of the crowd as yet another contender snatched the honor of defeating this wretched challenger right from under his feet! Unacceptable! He gritted his teeth as his anger mounted, plumes of steam shooting out of his ears like a kettle left on the stove for hours beyond its boiling point. It was the guy from the gift exchange. The one one that had saved Callista from the dangerous gift. If it hadn't been for that act of bravery (as well as the delightful comedy act from the same event), he would have marched right over and given that smug human a taste of his acidic smasher.

After some intense calculation, Gandin determined that that left only one prize remaining in the event! If he stood there fuming and arguing with the voices in his head any longer, he would undoubtedly miss out on the other prize that rightfully belonged to him!

"Everybody out of the way!" he yelled with a mighty roar, even as Vladimir was in the middle of an arm wrestle. "You all think you've shown this 'Strong Man' who's boss! Well I'll show ye all how to show him who wears the Strong Man trousers around here! You watch!" With that, he marched downright seethingly up to the stage, pulled up a chair next to Vladimir, and slammed his elbow down on the table with a great 'thud' that would have knocked over any mugs if there had been any on the table. "Go ahead, laddy! Show me what you think you got!"

[blockquote]Strength: 1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16[/blockquote]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Ella

Maeve Gallagher

"Everybody out of the way! You all think you've shown this 'Strong Man' who's boss! Well I'll show ye all how to show him who wears the Strong Man trousers around here! You watch! Go ahead, laddy! Show me what you think you got!"

Maeve heard the rant of the drunkard of a dwarf as she passed the staged area. She had not meant to join in such festivities. She had meant to spend New Years Eve on the prowl. In fact, she was still making herself beautiful within her room in the guild when the 12:30 talent show had gone on. She was not any good at archery, so that was fine. She had forced herself not to go to the strength contest at 2, for that would have made her sweaty and gross and thus less attractive and defeat the purpose of dressing up pretty. The drinking contest at 3 had also been avoided for this reason. Also for the reason that she was on the prowl for a man, not a woman or whatever else she was likely to flirt with when drunk. She would have participated in the fashion show at 4 if it had not meant changing out of the clothes she had already picked out for the festival. Instead, she had chosen to take that time to flirt with attractive men.

"..." But now, Maeve was upset. Several men had been complete and utter jerks. She really wanted to beat something up, but with so many people, she might hurt someone innocent. Instead, arm wrestling would have to do. The crowd surrounding the stage seemed to be made up mostly of men, with the only women looking to be those who had encouraged their men to participate to show off or women who were fawning over a popular boy or man who had participated. Well! She would show them all that men were not the only ones who could pick a fight!

As soon as the dwarf had cleared the stage, Maeve moved in. "Behold, men losing left and rrright! We all know it takes a real woman to defeat a man!" Noticing one of her favorite men, the tigress winked at Vladimir and wondered if he had participated or planned to participate in the event. Maybe he had won something already? Well, she would have to show him she could win, too! Maybe then he would accept her as a date for New Years Eve! And if not him, then maybe that other white-haired hottie that she recognized from their guild. She could not quite remember his name, but she had gleaned enough information to know that he was a cleric like that blue-haired ice witch cleric. She tried to catch his eye and winked at him, too.

[spoiler]Strength: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Callista Fae

Uplifted by everyone's enthusiasm, especially that of the strange cat woman who Callista was even more afraid of than Nyaoko and Nyuko even though it was the two siblings who had brought the dead bird to show off their hunting skills, the tiny faerie decided to give it a try, too. She was not very strong, this was a very true and completely undeniable fact. However, Zultar had won by using his imagination. She could win, too!

Morphing herself into her larger shape, Callista flew up to the stage. "My turn, my turn!"

As soon as the man's hand started to move away from their clasped hands, Callista cast her spell.

[spoiler]Callista casts her bloodline power, Laughing Touch. (At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Strength: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20-2 : 19 - 2, total 17[/spoiler]

Throndir

Vladimir & Gandin
Right when Vladimir was in the middle of his match, Gandin came forward and smashed his elbow on the table getting both of their attention, but at that point it was too late. Vladimir's arm had tipped over his opponents, with the so-called 'strongman' defeated once again. The strongman stood in shock, certain that he had defeated this pale and thin man before.

"No, it can't be! I defeated you already! First the midget... t-then the..." His voice quivered and face turned pale as he glanced at Lord Circus. He finally noticed the dwarf who had pulled up a chair, and whether it was from fear of losing, or something finally got loose in his head, the strongman bellowed.

"I'm beating you next!" With that the muscled-man let go of Vladimir's hand, quickly accepting Gandin's, and before anyone else could have acted. The strongman started pumping with all his might, pushing the dwarf's arm down. His eyes were wild, but like before, though he put up a fight, Gandin easily won, smashing the man's arm against the table.

"That doesn't count, but it looks like our pale friend wins the third round..." Lord Circus responded.

QuoteOfficially ending arm wrestling
1st winner: Zultar
Mini-Prize winner: Kin
3rd place: Vlad
Mini-Prize: Gandin

Resolving Maeve and Callista next.

Throndir

Next was a woman. A woman. With that, a glint of hope appeared from the strongman's almost shallow eyes. He knew he could do this, it was a woman after all. That said, his demeanor was still wild, but he steadied himself on his chair, grabbing it with one hand, and with the other placing it on the table.

The strongman refused to say any words then, only continue leaving his hand on the table, with his eyes dead set on the victim in front of him. He would show them.... He would show them all! In his mind, he was the one challenging her, so when Maeve finally grasped his hand, without waiting for Lord Circus to begin the match, he started pushing the other arm down.

This was for his honor. He couldn't let all these weak people defeat him! He couldn't let midgets just walk all over him. Or even frail thin men! He certainily wouldn't let a-

THUD.

But it was too late. The strongman stared in shock as Maeve easily creamed the fight. He couldn't believe what just happened. In fact, it didn't even register in his head. Seconds passed with the crowds blaring cheers, but to the strongman he heard nothing. Not the cheers, or insults thrown from the crowds. Or even the words that Lord Circus had spoke then calming the roundy bunch.

He hardly even noticed when his arm was lifted right up again, and a child took her place on the seat.

"My turn, my turn!" The child had said.

Turn...? For what? What... is this? He blinked. His eyes glazed over as he stared at the newcomer. Then it clicked. This was a match! He was here to show his strength! There was a moment of recognition as the strongman once again started another round.

But there was a flash of light.

And before he knew it, that young child in front of him, seemed like one gorgeous babe.

He felt his hand hit the table hard, signaling his defeat.

My god... I'm a pedo. His thoughts whirled in disgust and shame.

Then... he started laughing. His sobs were evident in his eyes and demeanor, affected was he by the spell Callista had cast. To the onlookers it looked as he had completely lost it, and in truth perhaps that was indeed close to the mark.

He lost his strength, his honor, his prestige, his self-worth. He would have kept running through these thoughts, but his fits of laughter continued to break his sullen thoughts.

He broke down shortly after; a shadow of his former self.

Quote1st winner: Zultar wins
Mini-Prize: Kin, wins Robe (unidentified, 1037)
3rd place: Vlad
Mini-Prize: Gandin
Mini-Prize: Maeve
Mini-Prize: Callista

Throndir

With a flick of Lord Circus' fingers, some girls had come up, dressed in tights with makeup to make their skins seem white and pale. They had bright clothing, and red cheek marks, and they seemed to be some sort of clowns. Something about them seemed off, but the crowd simply cheered on. They each had a brown bag which they passed towards the winners.

Zultar
Opening the bag you see a falchion. It looked as if it glowed a reddish hue, though not as vibrant as fire or flames. You had a feeling of unease about the weapon.

Isaac
Opening the bag you find a heavy crossbow. It was well-made, and you see some engravings on the side of the weapon. It read "Return to me".

Vladimir
Opening the bag, you find a well-adorned rapier. Dark-colored gems adorned the hilt, and the craftsmanship too was something to behold.

Gandin
Opening the bag you see a face stare back at you. Upon closer inspection, you realize it to be some sort of mask. It was made out of leather and it depicts an earless catlike creature. For the most part it looked creepy.

Maeve
Opening the bag, you see a pile of grey cloth. The texture was unique, though it looked like a cut of stone, pulling it out, it was as soft as any other cloth. When it was finally pulled all the way out, you realize it to be some sort of robe.

Callista
Opening the bag was disturbing. Peering out back at you was a mask. But it was what it was made of that gave you pause. It looked as if the mask was made out of pieces of human flesh, preserved as to stay fresh. Stitches were clearly seen piecing together the mask from various pieces of flesh.

Quote1st winner: Zultar wins Falchion (unidentified, 1041)
Mini-Prize: Kin wins Robe (unidentified, 1037)
2nd winner: Isaac wins heavy crossbow (unidentified, 1042)
3rd place: Vlad wins rapier (unidentified,  1043)
Mini-Prize: Gandin wins Mask (unidentified, 1038)
Mini-Prize: Maeve wins Robe (unidentified, 1039)
Mini-Prize: Callista wins mask (unidentified, 1040)

Please update your character sheets

Throndir

QuoteBest Post: Zultar and Callista
Best Overall Roleplayer: Vladimir
Most Improved: Zultar
Most Developed: Zultar

Exp granted.