[IC] New Years Festival: Arm Wrestling

Started by Throndir, April 21, 2015, 01:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

5:00 PM

Standing on a raised platform stood a tall heavily armored man. His face completely covered in a full-faced helmet, and his armor too was amazing to behold. The black metal that covered the man from head to toe was covered in decorations of skulls etched on various parts of his armor, and whether or not it was some sort of magical effect or prop, the eyes on each of those skulls glowed a faded blue. His presence was frightening, and the raised platform only helped his already tall stature to tower over the rest of the gathered crowd.

On the platform too beside him was another man, though unlike the first who was completely covered in armor, he only had a plain set of leather armor. His jaw was square, and his muscles visibly bulged under his wear. He had keen eyes, with a set of jet black hair. Sitting on a chair with a table in front of him, he grinned as he stared at both the crowd and the armored man beside him.

"Lord Circus brings upon you my next show for your amusement..." The first armored man began. You knew there was a travelling circus which made its way to the New Years festival yearly, and you wondered if this 'Lord Circus' was part of the group. "But not just amusement... but a chance to showcase your very strength! Who can dare to beat my best man in an arm wrestling competition?"

He moved his arms to his side, palms outwards as if he was preparing for a laugh. A moment later it came, though not in the same form that was expected.

"LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!" He laughed... evilly.

• To participate, have your character get on the stage, sit on the chair, and challenge the muscly-guy to an arm wrestle match! Then roll Strength.
    • I will then roll strength for the muscle-guy. If you fail the opposed check, you're out! At least until the winner for that round is declared.
    • All participants automatically get 1 New Years Festival Competition point, and +200 exp.
    • First person to win will receive 500 exp, 10 New Years Festival Competition points, and a random +3 price bonus item.
    • Second person to win will receive 400 exp, 8 New Years Festival Competition points, and a random +2 price bonus item.
    • First person to win will receive 300 exp, 6 New Years Festival Competition points, and a random +1 price bonus item.

Linwelin

Vladimir Ludvik

The methuselan was looking for some sense of redemption for the mishap at the strength competition. Though it had not been as embarrassing as a certain halfling's attempt, Vladimir did not enjoy his lackluster strike and wished to attempt to prove his strength once more. Once again, however, it was in a way he was not comfortable with. He hadn't arm wrestled since he was human decades ago! This will be...interesting to attempt.

Gracefully, Vladimir sat before the intimidating figure, leveling his gaze to match the piercing one the strongman returned him. For a moment, neither spoke, as if sizing each other up. Those who knew Vladimir noted that this was a much colder stare than normal; it was the type of stare you'd only see on the battlefield. Fluidly, he placed his sword arm on the table, positioned to clasp hands and fight. "You certainly have muscles, but let's see how well you use them."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kin Sheel

Kin was psyching himself up heartily. "This one for sure! THIS STRENGTH CONTEST IS MINE!" Normally even he wouldn't be this excited. But after the stupefying attempt with the mallet only hours ago, he needed to put a good foot forward. Or in this case, a good hand.

The halfling jumped his height in one deft leap in order to get on the stage as quickly as possible, plopping down into the chair and staring down his opponent. He became giddy at the competitive gaze the man returned. "Alright, Spiky, let's get this going! I'll show you strength!" He nearly shouted as he placed his arm in the ready position.
    GG - Kin Sheel
    GG - Vladimir Ludwik
    Hero - Viktor Kozlav
    SA - Uthaal Nailo
    JE - Sebastian Zweigart
    SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
    EoD - Corey Grieve
    EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
    ?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
    Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
    Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
    *Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
    _
    World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
    "Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
    _

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Vladimir Strength:  1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Kin Strength:  1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]
    GG - Kin Sheel
    GG - Vladimir Ludwik
    Hero - Viktor Kozlav
    SA - Uthaal Nailo
    JE - Sebastian Zweigart
    SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
    EoD - Corey Grieve
    EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
    _
    World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
    _

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The first challenger was non other than Vladimir, and the muscled man laughed as he considered him. The crowd too saw the difference in stature, one an abnormally buff and large man, while the other pale-skinned and though toned, was much more lean. Once Vladimir had placed his arm down on the table, the other man did the same his piercing eyes attempting to hold it's own against Vladimir's own deathly cold stare.

"There's only one way I use my muscles pale man." The bouncer replied as he locked gaze with Vladimir.

The armored man then came forth placing a hand on top of the competitors.

"When I let go, give it all you got!" The armored man took a moment to look at each competitor, giving each a quick nod, then a moment later he let go, and a moment after that both competitors gripped and pushed as hard as they could. The table creaked and trembled as the two men continued to fight for dominance and the crowd grew silent, hardly did any one believe the thin man could hold off longer than a few seconds at most. But yet the time ticked away and everyone held their breath.

All the while, the full-faced helmeted and armored man stared at Vladimir in particular, and slowly he stood by his side, his eyes hidden behind the helmet, simply staring. It was then that he spoke, his words quiet enough that only Vladimir could hear.

"You're not... alive, are you?" The question sounding more a statement than anything else. Whether or not that had caused Vladimir to lose focus, not a moment later the muscled-man brought down Vladimir's hand.

[spoiler]OODM comment so it's in spoilers, but I'll do the Kin response tomorrow, or later tonight.[/spoiler]

Zultar

"HMMMMMMM!" Zultar quips. "What hard meat this man made of?" He asked as he stared at the chair the man was sitting on. He then goes forth standing on the platform "crawling" towards the man's face close enough that he could feel his evil breathing.

After being overcome with boredom Zultar then starts to crawl towards the armored man.

"What delicious looking... ARMOR!" But of course he was really REALLY thinking of meat. Of course with the thought of meat, came drooling, lots of drooling and SALIVATING!

"Staring leads to drooling, drooling leads to salivating, and salivating - "

[spoiler=leads]

[spoiler=to]
    [spoiler=ANGER!]
    "MEAT BICYCLES."
    [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zultar's activates rage, intimidates, and attack with my teeth at the armored man]
    Rolled 1d20+12 : 2 + 12, total 14
    Rolled 1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26
    [/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Isaák Amantes

The local cleric entered the room just at the same moment Vladimir appeared to have lost to some new and clearly evil man in an... arm wrestling match? What on earth was a man of such obvious evil doing asking people to engage in such an innocent act as arm wrestling? The first conclusion Isaák came to was that this undeniably evil new contender must have had something evil up his sleeve. Naturally, it appeared no one else in the guild had yet come to this conclusion, so Isaák knew that the responsibility of getting to the bottom of the plainly obvious evil fell squarely on his shoulders. He had no choice but to enter the competition himself, lest he risk the destruction of entire guild.

He took a step toward the stage, stopping only for a moment as another contestant, the halfling Kin Sheel, stood up to the challenge. Isaák might have let out a bit of a chuckle at the thought of it, but he realized that Kin appeared to actually be serious about winning this one. He knew the halfling to be strong, perhaps in part because of some enchantments he paid a pretty penny for back in the day, but the clearly evil armored man that offered the challenge in the first place looked much more powerful and brawny. Isaák himself was fairly certain it was a lost cause going up against him, but to find out what distinctively evil plans he must have in store for the guild, Isaák was willing to risk his own humiliation.

He took his place in line, waiting for the determined halfling to finish his turn, before stepping up to the stage and putting his arm in position for the strength test of a lifetime. An evil strength test.

[blockquote]Strength: 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

"Strength? From a halfling like you?" He made no attempt to hide his contempt, but he grinned all the wider when he placed his arm down, grasping Kin's. From the first win, the muscled-man was particularly excited about this next fight. At least to have another easy win. The corners of his mouth raised as he stared at Kin hungrily.

Like before the tall armored man came forward and placed his hand on top of the combatants' own. He looked specifically at the strongman.

"LOLOLOL! Better not underestimate him, or he'd end you." His voice was still ever so serious, yet his words didn't seem to match. Regardless, a moment later, he let go and both competitors had begun.

The crowd expected this to be an easy win for the larger and more muscular man. However, as the two went back and forth, did they realize that the halfling of the guild of Galas'nor could indeed hold off on his own. There were whispers of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' whenever one of them was close to winning, only for the tides to be turned and have their opponent gaining the upper hand. The strongman's arm's bulged, yet Kin was there - a stalwart obstacle and a surprisingly strong one at that. But the time ticked on, and soon enough Kin found himself on the losing side.

Slowly but surely Kin's arm felt the weight of the match, and it didn't take much longer until the armored man came forth signaling the end. He bent down, his helmet and his glowing eyes staring at the halfling.

"You mad?"

[spoiler]Resolving Zultar next.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir Ludwik

Huh? He thought to himself as the man brought up the methuselan's 'condition'. Vladimir hardly had time to respond at all as his opponent suddenly pressed with a burst of force, finally overwhelming Vlaidmir's strength. He sat silent for a short moment, staring into his eyes of the one who spoke. He decided it was best to not respond, whether he knew or not didn't matter. But if word got out but his 'vampirism' without his knowledge of how, at least he now knew where to look.

Finally, he turned back to his opponent, offering his hand with a defeated smile. "Good fight! Maybe I'll have better luck next round." After the quick handshake, he made his way off stage to watch and wait.

Kin Sheel

Kin grimaced at his waning strength as the strongman pressed on, finally having his arm slammed to the table. "Damn it all! I'm not done yet. You're MINE next round!" He pointed with determination as he hopped out of his seat and started walking off stage. Then the stagehand made his comment.

"Mad? Mad!? Why would I be mad, it was a good competition! Hell, I imagine he'd have been the mad one had he lost! Though I know the stereotype's bull when it comes to me, getting beaten by a halfling in arm wrestling certainly isn't good for the ego" Kin quipped sharply, smirking as he continued to walk away.
    GG - Kin Sheel
    GG - Vladimir Ludwik
    Hero - Viktor Kozlav
    SA - Uthaal Nailo
    JE - Sebastian Zweigart
    SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
    EoD - Corey Grieve
    EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
    _

Throndir

Lord Circus and the muscled man looked incredulously at the half-orc as he began 'crawling' on the stage. It looked as if Lord Circus was just about to say something, though Zultar managed to break the increasingly awkward silence first. After his short words, the half-orc had begun salivating, with a fierce angry look in his eyes. All of a sudden, before Lord Circus could react, Zultar had lunged forth with his teeth, his attack striking true.

His teeth held firmly, so tight was the half-orc's grasp on the armor, that Zultar, the short half-orc, simply held himself aloft in midair.

[spoiler=Lord Circus eyed the half-orc in disbelief]
    [/spoiler]

With his free hand, Lord Circus placed a hand on Zultar's neck and began attempting to pull him off. But his actions were futile.

Zultar's teeth was simply too strong.

QuoteZultar to roll strength check for the competition!

Zultar

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Zultar

[spoiler]Karma reroll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Zultar

"YOU WILL NEVER TAKE ME OFF!" Zultar said as bits and pieces of metal began piercing his throat. His eyes turned red as he blood started gushing from his mouth - which obviously came from the small piercings in his throat. Zultar could feel his jugular slowly breaking.

But still.

He held.

Tasting the bloody metal in his mouth, he realized it tasted really good. In fact...  It tastes like -

"MEAT BICYCLES!" He yelled through his clenched teeth.

Throndir

QuoteKarma resolved.

"STRONGMAN! Get this... this... bloodthirsty creature off of me!" Lord Circus commanded, as he began shaking his arm back and forth in quick bursts. Though as expected, Zultar continued to hold strong as his body continued to be flopped in every direction.

There was a few chuckles from the crowd, and even the strongman grinned.

"Sure thing boss." He said as he made his way forward, placing an arm on Zultar's shoulder, and another on Lord Circus' arm. The muscular man continued to grin, thinking the task simple. Yet, when he started for one reason or another Zultar continued to keep himself attached. Lord Circus turned to him as if not believing the fact his strongest strongman couldn't take the leech off.

"Haha- It'd just be a moment..." The strongman said, redoubling his efforts, and started to pull Zultar.

"Get him off Strongman." Lord Circus commanded again, this time his voice deathly serious. "Consider this part of the competition. You've beaten all these contestants already..."

His voice took on an even lower tone.

"This should be easy." He said with finality.

The strongman tried all he could, and during the excruciating minutes that Zultar held on, the crowd had began cheering. Not for the strongman, but for the half-orc attached to Lord Circus. Many of them had began laughing as well, which only increased Lord Circus' ire. The strongman's face contorted as he continued to put in the effort, ignoring the mirth of the crowd. Finally, Lord Circus, had enough.

"ENOUGH!" He said, his voice filled with annoyance.

"We have our first winner."

He looked at Zultar, expecting him to let go.

Throndir

If his helmet wasn't on his head, everyone would have seen his eye twitch. Instead he stood solemnly, very solemnly, as his eyes began to glow an even fiercer blue. His presence was frightening, yet the stalwart half-orc still didn't let go.

Finally the audience nearby heard Lord Circus breath in deeply; a low rumbling sound that seemed to shake the very foundations of the platform he stood on.

"A free prize, on anyone able to pull this leech off." His words were full of annoyance.

QuoteMini competition. Random reward on anyone who can take him off. First come first serve. Roll strength a check.

With Zultar winning first round, players can again challenge the strongman. Isaac is first though. Will be resolving Isaac after the above mini competition.