A Trip to Grampa Canyon

Started by Throndir, February 02, 2015, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteSplitting groups. Open to all.

The road to Grampa Canyon took more than half the day, the class being sent out early towards the location. It was near Neon town, the so called "City that Never Sleeps", so it was expected that the students were excited. Though Ms. Firestarter continued to explicitly tell the students that they were not going to the city, but the canyons nearby, there were still more than a couple who continued to talk about the town throughout most of the trip.

"Mr. West, some of the kids can be rowdy... But you'll get used to them soon enough..."[/i] That was Ms. Firestarter as she spoke with the substitute teacher, Carson West. Usually teachers wouldn't accompany the students to their assignments, but this was was different, being dubbed a 'field trip' to study the canyons.

Already the view was becoming more sandy and arid the longer the journey took, you knew it wouldn't be long until you reached your destination.

QuoteIntroductory posts and/or roleplaying among players/NPCs. Story will be moved on once I feel enough has been said.

dawt

QuoteAre we walking? What's the assignment that people are attempting to complete?
I take a look at the students around me. How many are there?

Throndir

The bus ride seemed long, and the seats had started to become uncomfortable. Many students continued to stretch as they made their rounds off from their seats. It was a specious bus, but was to be expected given Xan Academy's prestige and funds.

There were a good number of students, enough to fill up most of the seats on the bus.

astrollinda

My first field trip since I was a kid--and to a canyon no less! Through the lens of my camera (always snugly fastened to my wrist for safety), I survey the landscape outside the bus window, but it's mostly just flat and unimpressive. Where are all the rocks?!

Bored and a little antsy, I turn to the person sitting next to me in hopes they will do something cool to catch on film.