A Test of Courage

Started by Linwelin, January 27, 2015, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne followed George through the building, and it did have a particularly eerie feeling. It wasn't what a typical haunted building would be in the movies, but there were a lot of different ways something could be creepy. Lynne wouldn't define herself as scared, and felt more along the lines of curious and unsettled. Along the way, a blue glow was in a room that was not the intended destination. Lynne took note of that and kept following George. She figured it would be best to see what he was so excited about first. As they got to the room that George wanted to go to, she decided to tell everyone. As she turned towards Nena, Lynne noticed a hazy... thing floating above her, with a red glow in the center, with varying degrees of intensity. She grabbed her camera to snap a picture. "Nena... There's something above you..." click. click. Lynne snapped a couple of pictures, curious to see if.. whatever it was would show up on camera.

[spoiler=rolls]
Perception: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6+1 : 4, 1, 5 + 1, total 11
Intuition: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6+3 : 4, 6, 4 + 3, total 17
[/spoiler]

Valiancy

Synn tailed the group sheepishly, too cautious to speak up and make friends as she had originally planned. I wish Tanner didn't send me here. I don't like this school so far. She reminisced of her home with the priest and his clergy in Lavender Town. They were family to her- Blood be damned- but now she feels alone, as alone as she used to be with only Hope for companionship and comfort in that blasted manor.

The Espurr wore a pensive face while scanning the group of students that was ahead of them, debating how to rid its master of her source of discontent.

Reality slapped Synn with a brick and brought her back from the tangled depths of her mind, her thoughts jarred by sounds of a camera shutter breaking the accepted.
A smile spread across her face as her eyes were drawn to the misty form. I can do this. I can't talk to other students, but to spirits I can!

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Intuition  3d6+2 : 2, 5, 6 + 2, total 15 This dice roll has been tampered with!
Perception  3d6+3 : 5, 6, 2 + 3, total 16
And what Lupo and I decided to roll for communing with the thing, since I'm a Medium. This dice roll has been tampered with!
Charm  3d6+2 : 1, 6, 3 + 2, total 12 This dice roll has been tampered with!
Edu:Occult  4d6+3 : 5, 3, 2, 6 + 3, total 19[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Perception 2d6+6 : 6, 4 + 6, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Intuition 2d6+1 : 5, 1 + 1, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Nena

You were completely unaware of what Lynne was referring to. Something floating above you? But with the flash of the camera you heard a cry from overhead, and your fears resurfaced. There was something floating around you, you were sure of it. It was then that you felt something press against the back of your head, as though hiding. Yet, it didn't quite feel entirely...solid.

Everyone Else Looking

With the flash of Lynne's camera, the hazy form became more defined out of surprise. It was almost like a purple floating head with similarly colored hair except for the tips. It wore a beaded necklace, and otherwise had a short, billowing body that was almost like a robe. It was not human, though; if anything this must be a Pokemon.

Synn

You recognized immediately, from your studies in the occult, that this was a Misdreavus. It was known for purposely scaring and harming people to some degree, as it fed on those emotions literally. From how Nena acted before, as well as the event that burned you, you guessed that it was what laughed, happy to receive nourishment. You imagined that this was the reason Nena's fear from before seemed to vanish, as it had absorbed it and those fearful memories. In fact, that was probably why it seemed so strangely attached to a girl it didn't know. Continuing to absorb her fearful thoughts.

As for communing with it, the Pokemon did not seem malevolent, if anything it was scared and astonished from being found so suddenly. Your stare and body language did get it to calm down, however. Due to your talents in supernatural matters such as these, your presence seemed to have it less on guard.

About a minute passed as you all responded to the shock, more of these Pokemon seemed to flock toward the group, soon shifting toward Nena and Synn. From the looks of it, there were three more, four total. They were still somewhat on guard, but not at all defensive.

[info]Four Misdreavus appear![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Valiancy

The presence of the critters seem to bring out a different side of Synn. "You're just playful pranksters, huh? We didn't mean to startle you." With a faint & welcoming smile she held a hand towards the group of pokemon, her Espurr calmly sitting by her side.

"Be at ease, there is no danger here." Her words seemed to be directed to both groups; the students and the pokemon. Her thoughts drifted back to before, when passing the other room. She remembered seeing a different light being emitted and wondered if the reassuring words she spoke would hold true.

[spoiler][blockquote]Charm  3d6+2 : 4, 4, 6 + 2, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Nena Ains

When the flash occurred, Nena had felt the fear well up again, and she jumped as she felt something brush up behind her head. For that brief moment Nena felt her earlier fear again from earlier when they had first barged into the supposed haunted building. But the moment she saw four floating heads, she couldn't help but scream.

She quickly covered her eyes and she began backing away.

Linwelin

The sight before you all was both silly and eerie, as Nena was running and cowering around the room, while the four Misdreavus chased after her, giggling happily, with their necklaces glowing. Stranger still, it was like every time Nena turned to look at them, it was the first time seeing them. This continued for a few minutes, with the Misdreavus sating their appetite on the cowering girl's fears. Finally, they stopped chasing, though their laughter continued. They seem to have recognized that you meant them no harm, and were now simply having fun with you all.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Nena Ains

The girl she had attacked had told them to calm down, but Nena was still trying to fight the urge to flee. She felt the panicky feelings assault her continuously as she continued to try to keep her distance from the scary things. Eventually, realizing that something was off about it, she mustered up the courage pointing her Pokedex at it. Her hands shivered as she aimed the device at the four floating heads.

[info]Nena to use her Pokedex at the creatures to see if its a Pokemon![/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne smiled at the creatures, sending Deckard out as she did so. The Mareep bleated joyfully as it popped out of the Pokeball. She drew her Pokedex to scan the creatures, curious what they were. "You guys are mischievous, aren't you. I'll play with you if you want." She motioned for Deckard to stay put as she walked forward. "Want to be friends?"

[spoiler=actions]
[info] Lynne sends out Deckard, just in case things go south. Lynne scans the creatures with her Pokedex, and offers to play with them, using charm.

Charm : This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d6+3 : 2, 2, 1, 6 + 3, total 14
[/info]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Pokedex
Misdreavus. The Screech Pokemon.
It likes playing mischievous tricks, such as screaming and wailing to startle people at night. It gets nourishment from the fear that it absorbs into its red orbs. In daytime, it sleeps in darkness.

Nena
You realize that they are, in fact, Pokemon. And judging by the Pokedex, it was most likely this Pokemon that was behind your lack of fear. It seems it ate it for nourishment.

Lynne
The Pokemon, which you now know to be Misdreavus, react favorably to your offer to play. What you were not prepared for, however, was how Misdreavus play. All four go invisible in an instant. You're confused for a moment, everyone starts to hear whispers and wails from random parts of the room. If that wasn't eerie enough, your hair was quickly and suddenly brushed against, or even pulled slightly. You couldn't sense them, and were at the mercy of their play. There were moments where you were even lifted from the ground for brief periods of time, floated around against your will. Deckard was at a loss for what to do.

[info]Roll Focus to keep your wits and recognize this for what it was.[/info]

Everyone else
George had also been snapping pictures the entire time. "cool! Misdreavus! I would have never guessed they were here. But...wouldn't they make a red light? I'm certain I saw blue-"

The Misdreavus suddenly disappear, and you see Lynne being poked and prodded, even picked up in the air and moved around. Coupled with moans and wails, this was becoming a very eerie sight.

"What the- are they doing this!? That's...AMAZING!" Though it was dark, you recognized that tone from class before. You could easily imagine George's excited look, his eyes almost glittering. The snap of his shutter added to the noises in the room at an even faster frequency than before.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

[spoiler=focus roll]
focus: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+3 : 3, 1 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Nena Ains

It's just a Pokemon! It's just a Pokemon! It's just a Pokemon! Nena kept repeating in her head as her face portrayed her horror. She couldn't shake off the feeling that they weren't floating heads. The PokeDex had even explained why Nena's emotions ran in a strange loop of calmness and terror, but it would take Nena more time until she were used to it.

When the Misdreavus began disappearing as sounds of wailing and moaning echoing around them, the nurse-trainee began to sit down. Closing her eyes tight she felt Kippy next to her, and she began to hug her Pokemon tightly.

Mysticsage

Grey was taken aback at the grandeur of the home as he walked through the halls. With Hiro clutching to his leg he was moving slowly making it through the halls. It was the flashing of the camera which caught grey's attention until the moaning began as he rounded the corner to see if he could find the others. The moaning scared Hiro so badly that it caused Grey to suddenly trip causing him to bump into Nena out of no where from behind and them both go flailing to the ground with a yell. "OH, Hiro that hurt!" He said looking down at his pokemon before he even realized that he was ontop of someone.

When he finally realized he yelped and rolled to the side, "I'm so sorry are you okay?" Looking around he said, "what's going on?"

[info]
Focus test
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+4 : 3, 2 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
[/info]

Linwelin

Grey

As you got up from knocking over the cowering Nena, you watched as Lynne was seemingly tossed about the room, with everyone standing awestruck. Objects in the room were swirling around and ghastly wails and moans could be heard all over. Though you tried to wrap your head around it, to make it okay, you just couldn't. Both Hiro and yourself began quaking at the unknown phenomenon. You could only think one thing. 'This place is really haunted!'

Lynne

You had asked to play, but you didn't think it would be something like this! Your limbs were shoved every which way without your consent as you floated above the ground, the wailing only heightening your unsettling situation. With the increased poltergeist-like behavior of the room, you began to wonder if it really was just the work of those Misdreavus. Maybe there really was a ghost. And maybe the Pokemon themselves weren't as friendly as originally thought. Could you be in danger? But you can't move from being suspended in the air!

Nena

While your eyes were closed, you feel an impact from behind and plummet to the ground. Now able to see once more, you realize it was Grey, who'd tripped behind you. However, seeing his panicked expression does not help your own feelings in the least, and you turn to see that things had gotten even more out of control. Lynne was now squirming in mid air, with Synn standing by completely stoic and George was frantically taking pictures. It was chaos, and you have no idea how it got to this.

Synn

Your supernatural knowledge had you well aware of the situation. If anything, such a sight was almost normal to you. Reinforcing that all was well was the fact that you could even see the residue left from the Misdreavus' actions. It was an impressive sight, to be sure; the four ghost Pokemon were flying every which way to move objects while still invisible, boosting the actions with their psychic powers. Though no actual telekinesis happened, their invisible movement might as well be the same to the untrained eye.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Valiancy

Synn shook her head slowly, as if in disbelief that her classmates were so naive in dealing with Ghost-type pokemon, especially considering it was their idea to come here in the first place. Did they not expect something like this?

"Misdreavus, please dial it down a bit. They aren't used to how you play." Her calm voice stood out amid the chaos. Hope smiled and made a happy cry, whether happy from the students' torment or the presence of Ghost-type pokemon unknown.

[spoiler] Unsure of what to roll for that, so just did the ones that made sense; GMs call on what to use.
[blockquote]Charm  3d6+2 : 5, 3, 4 + 2, total 14[/blockquote][blockquote]Command  3d6+2 : 2, 3, 3 + 2, total 10[/blockquote][blockquote]Edu:Occult  4d6+3 : 2, 2, 5, 5 + 3, total 17[/blockquote][blockquote]Edu:Pokemon  2d6+3 : 6, 4 + 3, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]