A Test of Courage

Started by Linwelin, January 27, 2015, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Yet another surprising flash of light, a much less painful one, passes over the group as Lynne appears on the scene to see, her Growlithe in tow. There was a panicked girl with a Vulpix, and burned girl with an Espurr, and George, the one who set up this exploration. Goerge seems to be looking directly at Nena expectantly, most likely for healing.

[info]Waiting on Nena, but I figured I should reply so you two can say more if you wish.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Valiancy

Hope the Espurr whirls her head and gazes at both Lynne and the Growlithe ,out of curiosity more so than anything else, but quickly loses interest and resumes a hate-fueled staring contest with Nena. Tears well up in Synn's eyes; The stinging from the burns is difficult for her to deal with, no matter how little she moves. The light touch of the air around them is enough to irritate the wounds and cause more unwarranted pain.

Why... Why aren't you helping me? You caused it, you should fix it. Please...

The fluffy little ball of anger hisses lightly at Nena, perturbed by Synn's distress.

Throndir

Nena Ains

It didn't take long for Nena to notice what was going on after the initial shock. She had been too edgy, too easily startled, and when she saw that she had Kippy burn the newcomer, a deep sense of guilt washed over her.

"I..." She started, not knowing where to begin. She had never done something like this before, granted, she had never been in a seemingly haunted place either. But seeing the tears in the newcomer's eyes Nena realized she made a huge mistake. She was embarrassed for sure. After all, she was studying to be a nurse - one who healed wounds, rather than cause it.

"I'm sorry!" She exclaimed, bowing her head fervently as she began to pull out the first-aid kit she kept with her.

"Those burns..." She continued as she approached the newcomer hesitantly, keeping an eye on the Espurr as well as she didn't quite know how they would react, nor did she recognize either of them. She vaguely noticed someone from behind her rush up to them, and normally she would have jumped, but her mind was already busy trying to determine how serious the burns would be, and trying to recall any of her training related with treating burns, as well as deciding how serious wounds Kippy can create. The latter information useful in deciding how much treatment she should apply.

"I should have something that would help." Nena said as she revealed the white box which was her first-aid kit.

Throndir

[Info]Approaching the stranger carefully.

[blockquote]Intuition if it's safe to approach 2d6+1 : 1, 6 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Edu: Medicine for attempted heal if able 2d6+6 : 6, 2 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]

Nena's AP: 4 (if healing goes through)[/Info]

Throndir

[info]An extra 2d6 to that medicine roll, forgot to add it.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Arriving at the scene, the first thing Lynne noticed was a girl and her Espurr, both burned. She assumed it was because of a Pokemon attack, but it was better to ask and be sure. "What happened here?" Lynne scratched Ruby behind the ears, waiting for an answer from either of the two girls. One of them was getting out a first aid kit, presumably to help the burned girl.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Lynne Lockley, I'm new around here. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."
It didn't quite seem like the time for introductions, but Lynne figured it would be rude to continue without giving one.

Throndir

Nena Ains

When the new stranger behind them spoke, Nena jumped, nearly dropping her first-aid kit. But a second later, noticing that it was another student, she forced herself to calm down.

I really need to get a grip on myself! She thought to herself, not wanting to do anything else she might regret in the future.

"I was startled and..." She hesitated. "And.. well.. attacked her." Nena gestured towards the girl in front of her. It was dark, so it might have been hard to see her physical gestures and movements, but she avoided meeting their eyes - she was still embarrassed at her early failure for this self-imposed test of courage.

Linwelin

Nena
Though the Espurr was obviously aggressive toward you for your past actions, the girl on the ground was eager to have the burns looked at. You quickly got to work assessing the damage, spraying the harshest burns with a healing solution, and carefully wrapping the wounds. By the time the treatment was complete, there was only a minor ache. It was quite miraculous work for one so young. The Espurr was a little less aggressive now, but still on edge with you. It obviously needed treatment as well, but whether or not you could give that treatment was up to it and its trainer.

One thing you notice, however, is that your feelings of fear seemed to have slipped away, which is very unlike you. There is no real explanation you can think of for why.

Everyone Else
You watched as the terribly nervous girl began a very practiced procedure of treating the burns. Her hands were suddenly completely steady, and her focus was astounding. She was a completely different person when in her element, it seemed. For a moment, you thought you saw something appear over her shoulder, like a red glow. Though it was hard to tell if it wasn't just the tension getting to you. As far as the group is concerned, nothing too extraordinary had occurred yet.

Both Nena and Synn, however, knew differently, as they were able to recall the echoing laughter in the room.

[info]Synn is fully healed.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteBumping because I may not have made it clear, you're all free to post again. You have a haunted building to explore! Oh, and an Espurr to heal, via potions or otherwise.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne felt bad for the Espurr, she also wanted to get this situation taken care of so that they could explore the building. "Um... If you guys need it, I have a potion that we can use on that Espurr." She fumbled around her bag and procured a potion, presenting it to the group. "After we take care of Espurr, we should continue exploring the building, and maybe try sticking together so we don't have any more accidents." She looked at George with a smile. "You'll stay with the group, right?"

[spoiler=Charm roll on George.]
Charm [blockquote]Rolled 4d6+3 : 2, 1, 2, 4 + 3, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

The darkness did well to hide it, but George was stammering and blushing for a moment. As the guy who knows everyone- well, seemingly almost everyone in the school, Lynne was known to be a name synonymous with style and looks. She's always the center of attention, and in a sense a sort of celebrity. He hadn't been expecting the request, so it caught his usually perceptive self off-guard. It took only a second to recover from the flustering, but either way he fell in line.

"Sure thing, Lynne, was just eager. Sorry everyone." He managed a sheepish apology, having been called out for his rash behavior.

George graciously took the offered potion and after checking if it was alright, applied it to Hope, with the relieving effects immediately apparent on the Espurr's face. The Espurr had originally been growling at George's movements, but was not aggressive enough to actively resist. You could see she was glad with her decision.

[info]Hope is fully healed.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Nena Ains

It was hard to explain. She was jittery, and cautious of everything when they had first came bumbling into the supposedly haunted building. But for some reason she couldn't explain, she felt almost at ease with herself. Mystery still surrounded them, as well as dark and shadowed corners, but they didn't elicit the response that even Nena would have expected. She was inwardly happy, was she getting used to the place? Or did her mistake of causing injuries really affected her in more ways than she thought? Did she conquer her fear that fast?

Nena began to wonder, but was shaken from her reverie when she noticed George apologizing to them. It seemed like that girl she wasn't familiar with, Lynne, managed to placate him. She had seen her a couple times, but had never really interacted with her before.

Let's explore more!" Nena said, her voice sounding joyful. She wanted to see how much she could handle, and she couldn't help but feel almost elated. Her sister would be proud of her!

Oath

Lynne Lockley

"I can agree with that! Especially if we all stick together." Lynne smiled and grabbed her camera. "If there's something in here, I definitely don't want to miss it! I'm ready when you guys are so lead the way." She was happy to have found the others, but didn't want to lead the way. With what had happened already, it seemed like it would be a terrible idea to split up. She hoped that the other three could stick together. And whoever else might be in here would be willing to join them if they were found.

Mysticsage

Garrett was late to the party as he finally appeared at the house after everyone had already entered, It had taken him forever to get everything he needed together but he had finally made it his Machop Hiro clinging to his leg. " I can't believe that I lost so much track of time," he said as he stood in the rain. George had noticed him earlier right before they left but then Hiro had gotten so scared that he had to slow down for a bit and calm the pokemon before he could continue. With that done he was finally ready to get things started.

"Sorry I'm late Guys Hiro got scared, so I had to calm him down."
He had a hand on top of the fighters head letting him know that he would not be going anywhere. He entered the house alone wondering if he would be able to find his campanions

[spoiler]Hope the way I cut in works tell me if i need to change XD[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Right, well, let's head back upstairs. I'd like to properly search that room." George stated, heading back up to the top left room of the building, but at an easier to follow pace this time.

As you all entered past the entryway, it began to sink in exactly how eerie the building was at night. Considering it wasn't that old, this feeling was surprising. There was no wood to creak, no reflective surfaces to project, but simply the clacking of your shoes on the cement floor was enough to put you on edge.

For Nena and Synn specifically, the thought of that laughter stood out in your mind. The others may not be convinced, but there was something here, you were certain. But you didn't know what.

[info]Everyone roll intuition and perception checks. Do not RP until your results are posted, as your actions might change depending on the results.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_