A Test of Courage

Started by Linwelin, January 27, 2015, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Just before lunch begins, a fellow student runs up to the front of the class and tries to get everyone's attention. If you recall correctly, his name was George. "Hey everyone! I just heard some really interesting news! It's about that abandoned building on the campus." At first everyone was going to ignore the boy, as were you when you realized the only reason you recognized him was due to his exaggerated stories and love for extraordinary rumors. However, the topic seemed interesting. George smiled excitedly despite the crowd's reaction. "By now I'm sure some of you know it was a lab building intended for the sciences, so they'd have their own building, but funding was cut short on it so it's been left abandoned. Well, recently, it seems odd lights and sounds have been heard coming from the building during the night, meaning it's not necessarily abandoned anymore." He took a slight pause, obviously meant for drama.

"IT MIGHT BE HAUNTED!"

He uttered eerily, moving his hands in a semi-creepy manner for effect.Reactions throughout the room were varied. From gasps, to disbelieving comments, to accusations of lying, and even a couple yawns. Of course, there were suggestions that pokemon were behind the rumor.

"Well, either way, I'm going there tonight to investigate! Can't miss a scoop like this! Who wants to come along? If anything, consider it...a test of courage. Who knows WHAT we'll find!" Many did not share his enthusiasm, whether it be fear or because his excitement was overwhelming. But nonetheless, his offer stood.

QuoteScenario
Help George investigate the incomplete building at night, and find out what started the rumor, and try to confirm, or at least resolve the rumors.

Reward:
1 Trainer EXP
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

kai927

Myra jumps up out of her seat and rushes over to George, completely forgetting about her lunch. "Haunted? Really? By what? Did someone die there?" She fires off question after question, not giving anyone else a chance to reply.

Linwelin

George was nearly taken aback by the questions of a cute girl approaching him, which normally would be quaking at the mention of hauntings. But his excitement kept him from losing his enthusiasm. "I don't know, that's why I'm going to find out!" He puts a hand on her shoulder in assurance. "Either way, it looks like we've got one who's interest is piqued. Anyone else coming to investigate?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"I'm in," called grey from his seat in the back. He wanted to test himself more anyway and a trip into a haunted house seemed like something that would be the perfect fit. He doubted very much that the house was actually haunted anyway so it doubted much would happen beyond a few flickering lights. Walking up to the boy in the front he asked. "So, What time are we gonna be doing this little house tour?"

Linwelin

"Alright!" George cheered, pumping his arm in success. And he was glad someone had asked the question. "I was going to head over after eating...I guess that would make it around 7 o' clock?" The boy almost seemed to ask in confirmation. Of course, only he knew when he'd actually stop eating, so it was a rather rhetorical statement. He nodded in affirmation. "Yes. 7 o' clock tonight."

"And that makes TWO! Anyone else for a mysterious tour and investigation?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Nena Ains

Earlier that day Fayleen had left again on another one of her journeys. Nena was sad of course, but she understood. School life simply didn't fit so well with her older sister, and whenever a new assignment popped up that required travelling the countryside or even other regions, Fayleen was usually the first to sign up. Part of her wanted to go, but there was simply still to many things to do for her classes, and though they didn't require attendance, to Nena she simply enjoyed the book-learning a whole lot more than going into the wilds.

When the other students had begun talking about exploring an abandoned building, Nena couldn't help feel a shiver run down her spine. But at the same time, she had a slight urge to go along with her fellow classmates. After all, Fayleen was out, and she was the most courageous person she knew. She wanted to be like her sister. Something like facing your fears would always help with that, right?

Besides. She thought. There probably isn't any real ghost anyways. She gulped but attempted to laugh, albeit forcefully.

Seven o clock, at the abandoned building. That shouldn't be too hard. I think.

Linwelin

[spoiler]People can enter this story mid-way. I'll note the cut-off point haha. But I wanna get a move on :P[/spoiler]

George looked around one last time, seeing that most of those whose opinions were unclear had begun to simply run off to eat. At that though, his stomach made a rather large growl, to which he quickly blushed in embarrassment. "Haha...so tonight at 7! Come well rested and prepared for some exploration!" With that, the excited boy runs off almost as quickly as he'd announced himself, most likely going to fill his stomach.

The rest of the day went by normally, and at the boring parts you couldn't help but think about the rumor from before lunch, and the anticipation was starting to wear on you. Finally the last bell rang and you rushed home to prepare, gathering your travel gear as a precaution. at around 6:50 PM, almost everyone was gathered outside, minus the host, George. If anything, this gave you a moment to observe your surroundings. The night was cloudless, with a slight breeze, causing the nearby trees to rustle i the wind. The sound would usually be a peaceful one, but with the looming thoughts of the supernatural, it was more eerie than anything. The building itself didn't look decrepit, but it certainly was unfinished, as all the rumors had said. The structure was a stably built two-story building, all smooth concrete, complete with a flat roof. But it was barren, lacking even windows, with the only odd detail being a simple front door, most likely meant as a temporary until its completion. Its incomplete state only added to the unsettling atmosphere, leaving you with thoughts of backing out. But that chance almost immediately disappeared.

"Myra! Grey! Great, you two made it! Oh? Make that three! You're...Nena, right? Quite honestly, I'm surprised. I didn't take you for being this kind of test-taker. I'll make a mental note. George said on his approach, ending the statement with a curt nod and smile. He was wearing mostly casual clothing, with a few exceptions. The glaringly obvious one was that he'd brought a rather impressive DSLR camera with him, hanging from his neck down to his abdomen. The other difference was what you could only refer to as a utility belt. A Flashlight, rope, a belt pouch, a small utility knife, along with all sorts of other equipment. He saw you staring, and quickly commented, lifting his camera in emphasis, "This was part of the plan from the beginning for me. I love photography, and this rumor seemed too good and opportunity to get some interesting shots. And, as for the belt...well, you never know. I...borrowed! Yes, that's it, borrowed. I borrowed these materials from a friend of mine." He floundered slightly before asserting himself, almost like he was confirming he'd done right with himself.

"Anyways, this is a pretty great place at night, huh?" He looked up past the group toward the building. "I checked it out during the day a little bit ago, and it wasn't anything special. But all the reports of lights and such made me think I should take a look around now." He began walking forward, observing each of the windows carefully. "...Huh, nothing seems too out of the ordinary...wait-!" He said sharply, pointing to the window at the top left corner of the building. You could see a wavering, dark blue light glowing from further within the room before disappearing a moment after.

"That's it! There's definitely something here! Let's go!" He called out before dashing toward the door and rushing inside.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Nena Ains

"W-wait!" Nena called out. But the excitable fellow was already inside. She glanced at the others around her uncomfortably. It was night, and the blue light from the window simply made her shiver even more. She wasn't great with strangers, and she would usually keep to herself when others were about, but with the strange eeriness of the place, it made her that much more anxious.

She bit her lip as she called for Kippy to come out. Soon enough her Vulpix had appeared. Kippy was a familiar face, and she knew her small companion would help. At the very least it helped Nena get the resolve to move forward following after George. Her movements were stiff, and she jumped at every slight movement that anyone else had made. She did her best however, she didn't want to seem too scared.

Nena didn't really think there were ghosts or anything. They didn't really exist, right? Right?

[spoiler]Nena follows George.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler=Open for bgm!]https://www.youtube.com/v/I3fL6eneF7E&autoplay=1&loop=1&playlist=I3fL6eneF7E&end=155[/spoiler]

George rushed inside the front door and whipped out his flashlight to examine his surroundings, his camera hanging from his neck at the ready. Once he located the stairs, the boy rushed up and took a quick left, running down the hall. Nena, along with anyone else that ended up following behind the excited photographer barely caught sight of his light before he made his way down the hall. He was obviously too reckless for his own good. After all, who knows what was down that way?

Either way, you were now left without a light source in a dark, abandoned building that was possibly haunted. It would probably be best to solve that issue before going after the boy. Beside the stairs that lead up to the second floor, with a hallways going both left and right, there is a doorway just past the stairs leading into a back room, a doorway to the right in the entrance hall, and two hallways mimicking those on the second floor that led both left and right.

[info]Again, people from Xan Academy are still free to join this.

Note that without light, this is treated as Slow Terrain, and you will move at half speed.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Valiancy

That guy said 6 o'clock didn't he? They should have been here...We've been waiting for a while now. The girl shrugs to herself in a room behind the staircase. I guess I don't need to wait to explore more. Come on Hope, I want to see the rest of this place. Her Espurr jumps into her arms from a dusty desk and they continue out of the room, careful not to bump any furniture.

Shadows seem to dance and play with the slightest change in light from any movement. The girl's and the Espurr's combined shadow stretches into the hallway, contorting on the edges of the staircase and wall.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne was running late. She hadn't really done anything with the other students at the academy and was a bit nervous. She figured that part of her coursework for photography would involve taking pictures around campus, as well as away from it. She had spent quite some time trying to figure out what to wear, but settled on just going for a more sporty look with loose fitting clothes that allowed her to move freely. With camera in tow, along with her trusty flashlight, and her pokemon Lynne arrived a bit after the assigned time. Everyone else seemed to have gone in already. She sighed. The building was dark, though she wasn't afraid, she was a bit upset since it was her first real chance to meet some of her fellow students.

Turning on her flashlight, Lynne entered the building, wandering down a hall while listening for any people that might be present.

[spoiler= Perception]
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 2, 3, 6 + 1, total 12[/blockquote]

Throndir

Nena Ains

Why was he running so fast? Why did he have to keep dashing forward like that! Nena was already panicking from trying to keep up with him, and when he finally dashed off, she lost sight of him completely. Did he go up the stairs? Through any of these hallways? Or even the rooms? Nena breathed in heavily, panting from the sudden rush of adrenaline as her eyes kept darting to and fro. It was dark, way too dark, though there were some fragments of light from the moon outside. But rather than something surreal, it made Nena feel less at ease.

"There are no ghosts. There are no ghosts. There are no ghosts!" Nena kept whispering to herself as she shivered more realizing that she was alone. Did the others with her not follow? It was then that something moved. Was it a shadow? A playful trick of her eyes? She yelped as the shadows stretched towards her, contorting on the edges of the staircase and wall. Panicking, Nena called out to her Vulpix, Kippy.

"E-ember!" Nena yelled, closing her eyes as she pointed to whatever was coming out.

[spoiler]Ember at Synn+Espurr (assuming I understood it correctly). Just for fun, but here's rolls if you need them.

[blockquote]Accuracy 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Ember damage 4d6+29 : 6, 6, 1, 4 + 29, total 46[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Nena's frightened attack could be heard throughout the building, followed by a frightened and pained female voice and pokemon. The Ember had struck true, singeing both the trainer and her pokemon. Synn and Hope were both caught off-guard by the act, and rightly furious from the pain.

Shortly afterward, you can hear an ethereal cackling and giggling echo throughout the entry way. Though the source is unseen, and not coming from a particular point. What was heat was now shivers up the spines of anyone in the entry hall near the stairs. It was unsettling. George runs back from where he'd been searching to survey the area, his camera at the ready. Of course, he lowers it after seeing the source of the commotion.

"What are you two doing? What happened? Are you alright...huh? I don't know you. And I make it a point to know everyone in this school." He runs down to check on Synn and Espurr.

"Anyways, if this was a false alarm, these two need medical attention. These burns could've been a lot worse, but I bet they sting like hell."

It was apparent at the mention of 'false alarm' that George had not heard the laughter.

[info]Ruling the damage as half to each. So Hope takes 19 damage and Synn takes 14 damage.

Hope: 26/45
Synn: 36/50
[/info]
[spoiler]Note: Jo thinks this was fun. It was not fun. Don't play with fire, kids.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Valiancy

Synn stares at her burns silently with her teeth clenched in an attempt to endure the pain while Hope locks its eyes on Nena.

"I'm Synn. She just attacked me. It's okay, nothing bad happened." she piped up calmly with a wavering voice but the Espurr's demeanor hasn't changed to match that of its master. "Nothing bad happened."
Hope totters to Synn and the trainer hugs her friend, but the Espurr still stares vacantly at Nena; Its round eyes reflect what little light there is and appear to glow in the dark.

Synn buries her face in the Espurr's fur and thinks. Something IS here. I know we both heard it. But they're taking this as a joke for an adrenaline rush! And some of them are obviously too skittish to confront whatever entity calls this home. She's so quick to attack, if she tries that 'defense' on the real deal, it'll end so badly for her and her friends. We gotta help them, Hope. We gotta!

She blushes lightly, although it's difficult to make out her flustered face in the dark, and speaks hurridly "Pleasebemoreconsiderate!Thisissomeoneshomeandwe'redisturbingthem!"

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne rushed towards the female scream, moving as quickly as possible, light from her flashlight gliding over the dark walls of the school building, She didn't think the building was haunted, but someone did scream. Stopping for a moment, she called out her Growlithe. "Alright Ruby, let's go!" She continued on her way with Ruby at her heels,

[info]Lynne rushes to join the others, and maybe gets there? Up to you![/info]