Academy "Wild" Zones: Grasslands with Meadows

Started by Throndir, January 22, 2015, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteOnly for players who chose this location.

[spoiler=BGM]https://www.youtube.com/v/8JmeiAQnSdc&autoplay=1&loop=1&playlist=8JmeiAQnSdc[/spoiler]

Among all the other Academy "Wild" Zone areas, the grasslands was by the far easiest to first create and populate. Grasslands were already native to the region, not to mention the immediate area that the Academy was at, on the outskirts of Celadon city, was mainly a grassland. These particular ones had very tall grass however. There were also meadows splattered all about. The general area covered a lot, and there were many artificially-created roaming hillsides. This served both as a physical deterrent to the students, but also potential homes for all the Pok?mon that lived among the grasslands. There were a few ponds as well, and these helped serve as both drinking fountains and habitats for even more Pok?mon.

That said, when the students first arrived, there was no Pok?mon in sight. It had taken nearly an hour of looking around, but eventually you and a couple other students found a few of them who were conveniently together.

QuoteStealth required to approach or reposition trainers.

Grid Map
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Lance

"Ah, the grass.. the flowers... this sprightly air..." Aran murmured, while sparing the Vulpix at his side a minor glance.

[spoiler="Kyuubi."]
"Good job."

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Actions]
Kyuubi uses Ember on the nearest target, moving closer if necessary
Aran throws a pokeball at Kyuubi's target
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Nena Ains

"A Minccino!" Nena whispered as she saw the Pok?mon at the distance. There was another student with her, Aran, she thought. He was in one of his classes with their Assignments teacher. He was the one who pulled that awful stunt of going to the front of the class to mess with some of the papers.

To this day she didn't really quite know what he was doing, only that the grade on her quiz was pretty poor...

"Okay Kippy! Go!" She said as she started to attempt to approach the Minccino as stealthy as possible. She sent out her Vulpix as well as close to it, preparing her to use an Ember once it came out.

QuoteMove 5 meters east. Stealth. Send out Kippy a few meters beyond Minccino at max Pok? Ball send distance (8 meters), so Minccino is between her and Kippy. Have Kippy use Ember, should just be in range.

Kippy's Ember
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+20 : 5, 2 + 20, total 27[/blockquote]

No more actions, next round will be Pokeballs.

Throndir

QuoteGrid Map
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Kippy: 15
Minccino
Nena: 10
Kyuubi: 10
Aran: 9
Volbeat
Farfetch'd
Zigzagoon
Oddish
Spritzee[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteOh, Nena's stealth if needed:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6-2 : 2 - 2, total 0[/blockquote]

Linwelin

QuoteAran's Rolls
[blockquote]Kyuubi Accuracy:  1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+26 : 4, 6 + 26, total 36[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Pokeball Accuracy:  1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Check:  1d100 : 23, total 23[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Aran Verse

Kyuubi's flames sweep over the grass before you, revealing a Farfetch'd only a short ways away. The ember with which Kyuubi thinned the grass also happened to roast the bird Pokemon, leaving it visibly blackened and with an obvious injury on the wing it used to shield itself. However, all of this preparation for capture seemed mostly unnecessary due to the near-perfect toss of your pokeball. It was completely unaware of its approach, not even having a chance to attempt a dodge, and merely wobbled once before settling. A by-the-books critical capture.

[spoiler]Caught the Farfetch'd. Added it to sheet and awarded exp to Kyuubi. Kyuubi also leveled, so take care of that when you can.[/spoiler]

Nena Ains

You thought you'd done a pretty good job if being stealthy. Well, except for the branch, or two, or five that you stepped on with several large crunches. The Minccino knew exactly where you were, but before it had any chance to respond, Kippy was upon it spitting fire. The Minccino was caught off guard and took the hit solidly, but wasn't about to give in, rushing forward and slamming it's tail down upon Kippy. From the look of the wild pokemon's condition, you seemed to have the edge in the fight.

[okay]Minccino took 21 damage from Kippy's Ember.[/okay]

[error]Kippy takes 16 damage from Minccino's Pound.[/error]

QuoteGrid Map
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Kippy: 15
Minccino
Nena: 10
Kyuubi: 10
Aran: 9
Volbeat
Farfetch'd
Zigzagoon
Oddish
Spritzee[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Kippy: 34/50
Minccino: 21
Farfetch'd: 29, Captured[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Nena Ains

"Great job!" Nena called out to her classmate, but a moment later she focused on her own battle. "Okay Kippy, hold it down while I try to capture it!" Nena said as she threw the Pok? Ball.

QuoteKippy to use Struggle Combat Manuever (-3 attack penalty), to grapple target.

Combat Manuever Struggle
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-3 : 19 - 3, total 16[/blockquote]

Combat check
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 5, total 15[/blockquote]

Nena to throw ball
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 64, total 64[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteSpending 10 karma to reroll accuracy check, I'll resolve the karma myself.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

Linwelin

Nena Ains

Kippy expertly pins down the Minccino, who at this point is having trouble resisting, being winded from fighting. Before it has a chance to counter the grapple, your pokeball come flying in and hits its head, pulling it inside for a capture. The ball wobbles for around 2 seconds before finally resting. You caught the Minccino successfully!

[spoiler]Minccino successfully caught. Added it, along with exp for Kippy, to your sheet.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

"On to the next target," Aran continued after spotting another figure in the distance.

"Kyuubi, burn that one too."

[spoiler=Actions]
Kyuubi moves to the next closest target and uses Ember if in range.
Aran moves to Kyuubi's target and throws a Pokeball if in range.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Nena Ains

Nena remembered the thrill of capturing her first Pok?mon, and though she'd always wanted a Minccino, she realized that the second time wasn't nearly as amazing as the first. Making her way forward, trying to get closer to the rest of the Pok?mon who she hoped might not have yet been alerted, she picked up the new ball, and spotted her next target: a Spritzee.

Kippy took the cue as well, and together they closed the gap.

QuoteMax movement with Sprint action for Nena. Kippy on the other hand will use regular movement with Stealth towards Spritzee.

Kippy:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d6+2 : 1, 1, 5, 5 + 2, total 14[/blockquote]

Linwelin

[blockquote]Kyuubi Accuracy:  1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+26 : 4, 4 + 26, total 34[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Aran Accuracy:  1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture Roll:  1d100 : 72, total 72[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Aran Verse

Once again, Kyuubi steps forth to raze the grasslands in a fiery roar, aiming at movement directly to the East. Unfortunately, the fire reveals it to be a Volbeat. The reason for the misfortune is the unaware Volbeat was caught heavily by the flames; Volbeat are not good with flames. The pokemon is immediately down for the count, and you have no chance to throw your pokeball.

[okay]Volbeat takes 48 damage from Kyuubi's Ember[/okay]
[info]Volbeat has fainted.[/info]

[spoiler]Added exp for fight to Kyuubi.[/spoiler]

Nena Ains
The Spritzee is completely unaware of Kippy's approach. However, it does see Nena sprinting for it. In a panic, it begins to flee, flying north.

[info]Spritzee flies North 4 meters, but your own movement brings you both within range of it.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_