[Golas] Looking good for the ladies

Started by Mysticsage, December 17, 2014, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Kryas chuckled at the idea of seeing Golas setting out on the sea like an explorer. To be honest it was hard to imagine the larger man on any kind of boat. He was to large both physically and emotionally to be contained by a floating box. He was built to be on horseback and knew the animals like nothing else. He needed open plains and fields to stretch and move. His previous statement about his past further cemented that image of Golas as some kind of raider.

For a long time the elf thought Golas was from a neighboring village or something from the city. But as he got to know him he began to realize just how foreign the Barbarian was. The slight accent for instance that had faded over the years of city life that none but the most trained ear would pick up on. His dress two was just slightly off what was often considered popular for urban life. The Giant man tended to favor pelts and leathers for more then just his adventuring gear.

?If you are ever in the mood to tell a story you heard at those camps make sure I?m in the audience. I want to know what type of stories produced you my friend!? he laughed poking him slightly while offering him another mug of ale. Every time he downed a mug Kryas had another waiting. ?I?m sure you have some stories of warriors and gods that a bard could really make some good coin off of. You know how people love a good story!? He even occasionally swapped out almost empty mugs with full ones when he wasn?t looking. The tavern master despite a curious glance let this continue without saying a word. Certainly this too was just another one of the bard?s antics and he always paid for his share of whatever trouble he caused.

He kept making sure that the barbarian was well watered with ale while he worked with his plants. Over the next few hours the pair continued to chat and Kryas finally ran out of plants to add to the paste. He had to regularly water down the sticky mess throughout the process. Having nothing better around he used the leftover beer that he had on hand. No more then a few splashes from one of the mugs that Golas had only barely touched. He knew the brew the bar used well and the more he talked to Golas the more of an idea formed of the tattoo he wanted to make, and the subject he wanted to make it for. All the beer really need was a tiny bit of purifying magic and then it worked just as well as well as his usual choices. Besides, it was always best to add character to this kind of thing.

With the base finished he had a loose ink like substance that had a dark blue black and green coloring. All that was left was to add the blood which would act as the perfect binder and colorant for the final product shifting it from a green to an earthy black with some red as base.

But before he did that final step he would need Golas? permission to actually do the project in the first place. He only hoped that the alcohol he had finished at that ?point was enough to get him to relax a bit.

?So Golas?? He started slowly after his friend finished another skewer, ?I was wondering if you would be willing to let me try my craft on you? I really need someone as soon as possible. And I don?t know today really got my imagination going so I think I could create something really special.? Again he was not actually lying just not telling the entire truth. What was truth anyway really?