[IC] The Guild's White Elephant Gift Exchange

Started by Throndir, December 16, 2014, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Kin had stood back quite a ways after seeing that Lyolf's gift was to be opened. But it was not far enough as the dung scattered through the room. The halfling did his best to shield himself from the debris, but was still covered extensively. "Lyolf, you damned elf! By all the gods, I'll KILL you this time!" Kin immediately began searching for the over-the-top prankster that was his roommate while trying to remove the manure from himself. Once mostly clean, he sighed, then attempted to breath shallowly as he walked toward the gifts. It was his turn, after all.

After a bit of searching, he went for what he thought was the most simple, yet elegant one. The satin-wrapped box.

QuoteChoosing what I imagine is Serena's gift?
[blockquote]Perception toward Isaak:  1d20+12 : 9 + 12, total 21[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Isaák Amantes

[spoiler=Isaák hereby declares loud and clear that he is engaging in a roll of the die to measure his sleight of hand.][blockquote]Sleight of Hand: 1d20+9 : 1 + 9, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Fellow Rabbit

[spoiler=Yeah, I'm not keeping that roll. Using Karma to roll again.][blockquote]Sleight of Hand: 1d20+9 : 12 + 9, total 21[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

QuoteKarma usage resolved and deducted.

Waiting on Callista to choose her next gift.
Waiting on Serena to describe the gift Kin chose.

Ella

Callista Fae

Callista was not sure who had done it, but she had felt through her agony the hands that pushed her away from the monstrous gift. By the time she had recovered, several others had picked and opened their gifts. That included the giant man, Golas, who had decided to steal the gift she had picked for herself. Normally, such an act would anger the faerie, even if it was "legal" in this particular exchange. After all, she pretty much been forced to return all of the pretty things she had found in that inn before she joined the guild, even though it was not her fault the owners of those objects had lost them. And since joining the guild she had been told time and time again that taking without permission was stealing and stealing was wrong.

Golas' theft was worse than any "finder's keepers" she had done. He had watched her pick the present and open it. If it were not for three very important facts, the faerie would have indeed thrown a fit. The first fact being that the item had been so overwhelming, she did not even really want it very much anymore. She did not even know what it was until the big man put it on. The second fact was... well... Golas may have taken the gift, but he had still left her with the pretty paper that she had chosen the gift for in the first place. It was such a pretty paper. She hoped the enchantment lasted forever on it. The final fact was that the rules for this exchange said that if your gift was stolen, you got to steal or pick another gift. Technically speaking, this was a win/win/win for Callista. She could not complain about that in the slightest.

None of the gifts that had already been opened looked interesting to the tiny creature, so she decided to pick again. But first, she had to deal with the nasty, stinky droppings of some unknown creature that someone (she was guessing the strange silvery-haired elf named Lyolf, considering how clean he was in comparison to the rest of the crowd) had thrown  all about. There was no sense in getting the gunk all over her new gift and then have to clean herself and it. It was lucky enough that the golden wrapped present with silver string was one of the few that had gone unscathed. Upon trying to wipe the gunk from Gandin's gift from her body, Callista quickly realized that it was useless and she would have better luck drenching herself and everyone within her area with a combination of her create water and drench spells to wash it all away.

Ah! There! Treating the falling water as a quick shower in the rain, Callista rubbed off most of the feces from her mushroom dress and body. Once finished, she made her way for the shiny golden box with the silver ribbon. It would make the perfect addition to her awesome snowy-effect paper. She wondered if the item inside was as pretty and shiny. Carefully, the faerie removed the silver ribbon and golden paper, placing it neatly on top of her previous gift's paper before turning back to the actual gift.

[spoiler]Callista casts create water to create enough water to drench the entire area in order to clean off the excrement. Characters who do not wish to allow this free shower to cleanse them must roll a reflex save.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Suddenly, water poured from the skies, that is, if the roof could be considered the skies. But more specifically, it came from Callista's spell. Those who understood magic immediately recognized the cantrips she had cast. One to flood the immediate area, and the other to drench those nearby. Those that didn't move fast enough, were hit with the water, drenching them from head to toe - the liquid oozing out of their clothes mixing with the once dry manure, which at the point had started to become more like slushie, though of course, not as tasty or refreshing.

Needless to say, those that were hit with the water did come out clean, but the spot right below them? That's a whole different story.

QuoteIf you choose to avoid  the water roll reflex DC 18, or be drenched.
Waiting on Serena to describe the gift Kin chose.
Waiting on Annia to describe the gift Callista chose.

Annia Siadon

The box Callista had chosen was wrapped fully in a golden sheet. It's hue was bright and dazzling, in fact it looked to be the same hue that was used in Annia's armor. The silver-colored ribbon that adorned the box was just as pleasant to look at with its silvery sheen, and soft but tight texture that felt like silk. Opening the box was an easy enough task, and once it was opened, revealed numerous amounts of vials, bottles, and flasks, containing all sorts of liquids. Each one was properly labeled with a tag tied near the top of the bottle. The liquid's colors were all different, and the containers that held them too each had their own separate designs. There was a note at the top, and was easy to read in a neat and scrawling hand writing.

I hope these will helps my fellow guild mates. The drinkable ones are flavored!

QuoteGift contents are as follow
Elixir of Love x2 - Heart shaped potion bottle. Pink liquid. First creature seen, treated as if under the Charm Person spell. Will DC 15 negates. Wears off in 1d3 hours.
Elixir of Truth x2 - Curved potion bottle. White liquid. Answer the truth for 10 minutes Will DC 13 to negate.
Elixir of Vision x2 - Cube-like vial. Green liquid. Mint flavored too. +10 Perception for 1 hour
Alchemist's Fire x5 - Spherical bottle. Red liquid. 1d6 fire damage on direct hit. 1 fire damage to everything within 5 ft. Next round target takes another 1d6 fire damage.
Acid (flask) x5 - Spherical bottle. Green liquid. It's not mind flavored. 1d6 acid damage on direct hit. 1 acid damage to everything within 5 ft.
Liquid Ice x5 - Spherical bottle. White liquid. 1d6 cold damage. 1 cold damage to everything within 5 ft. Can be used to instantly freeze liquid, or coat an object in a thin layer of ice.
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds x2 - Heals 2d8+3
Holy water (flask) x4 - Brown flask. Vladimir's favorite drink
Holy Weapon Balm x5 - Circular container. Deals 2d4 extra damage to undead. DC 10 reflex or take additional 1d4 next round. Mundane weapons become a magic weapon in relation to affecting undead or evil outsiders. Magic weapons get ghost touch. Lasts 1 minute, or after 1 successful attack.
Better a truth to be told openly, than lies spun to mask it.

Ella

Callista Fae

It was sooooooo shiny! So pretty! And the contents were amazing as well! It was mostly things she would find useful on missions. Some things she did not recognize, but that did not matter. What did matter was that she actually really liked this gift. Eyeing the others, she wondered which of them might be thinking to steal this gift from her. Maybe she should leave while she could, before someone tried to take her treasure. Pulling out her bag of holding, the faerie quickly crammed the entire box into the bag. Flying back over to where she had left her precious papers, Callista grabbed those, flew up, and then away, calling out a thank you to whoever had left the gift. Though she was guessing that either it or the other smaller gold one had been Annia's because of the golden wrapping.

[spoiler]Callista attempts to flee. If you really want to stop her, ask Throndir what you have to roll.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=If Callista Flees Successfully]Once safely away, Callista sat down to better examine her loot. Elixers of Love? Eh, she didn't need something like that, she was already more than charming enough without them. Maybe she would sell them to someone who could put them to better use. Elixers of Truth? Hehehehe~ That would be fun, wouldn't it! What a great item for pranks! Hehehe~ Elixirs of Vision? They were in one of her favorite colors! The tag said they were mint flavored, too. Oh, she loved mint! The next few items were some of her favorites. She loved to toss flasks of Alchemist's Fire and Acid down upon enemies during battle. She had never heard of Liquid Ice, but the tag said it also dealt damage. Although Callista usually used more explosive items, this one would definitely be quite handy in the future.  As would the potions. Hadn't she seen Holy Waters before? This one's tag said it was Vladimir's favorite drink. She still was not sure who exactly this Vladimir was, but maybe she would give him one someday if he ever needed it.[/spoiler]

Lance

As the faerie flew away, Lyolf eyed the misplaced tag with a grin.

"Enjoy, Vladdie," he muttered under his breath, hoping his little messenger would be able to deliver the "medicine" to where it properly belonged.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Mysticsage

As kin opened her box Serena peeked out from behind Golas since she had used him as a human shield for Lyolf's trap. As he opened the box she would see an intricately crafted crystal pin that looked like a mix between tendrils of flame or twisting vines. It glowed faintly with a calming white light that pushed off the piece like tiny waves.

Moving around the piles of dung she bent down in front of the halfing to make her tall frame at his eye level. Gently taking the pin from the box she pinned it to his chest. "I apologize its not more, but I made it myself with my currently limited ability I hope it serves you or whoever ends up with this little guy gets full use out of it." She smiles at kin.

[spoiler=cha beauty atk]

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Make a will save or else get taken in by her feelings of happiness of being able to give back to others

5 karma reroll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 4 + 10, total 14[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteAegis of Recovery
Aura faint abjuration and conjuration; CL 3rd
Slot neck; Price 1,500 gp; Weight —

DESCRIPTION

An aegis of recovery grants its wearer a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws made to recover from a continuing effect, such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack. This bonus does not help against initial saving throws against such effects. Should the wearer ever drop below 0 hit points, the aegis heals the wearer for 2d8+3 points of damage and then crumbles to dust.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS

Craft Wondrous Item, barkskin, cure moderate wounds; Cost 750 gp.
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler=I smell a will save]NOT :D

Using "Moment of Perfect Mind", swap will save for a perception check.

[blockquote]The save:  1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin could see what she was trying for from a mile away. But if there was one thing that went over Kin's head the most, or maybe that he least cared about, it was feminine wiles. Yes, she was beautiful, but so what? Kin didn't see any reason to treat her any differently than the rest. "Aye, it's not much. But ya did a good job crafting it." Considering she'd been so courteous as to stoop to his level to see him eye to eye, Kin thought it was only proper to show his appreciation in kind.

So he patted her head in appreciation as he had said 'good job crafting it.' Like one would a dog.

His grin beaming, he pinned it on his collar. "This is how you wear it, right?" He figured as long as it wasn't meant for one's hair, it would work.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Mysticsage

kryas picks the overly large rectangular box that was wrapped in the stange paintings curious to see what is inside

Throndir

The spell that the fairy had cast drenched everyone, likewise what made it worse was the large amount of dung, now wet, started to drift towards the group. Shortly after everyone sees Callista fleeing the scene with her haul.

QuoteFirst Gift
Second Gift: 1 times stolen. Held by Golas. Contains cloak.
Third Gift: 0 times stolen. Held by Kin. Contains amulet.
Fourth Gift
Fifth Gift: 0 times stolen. Held by Isaak. Contains crystals.
Sixth Gift
Seventh Gift: 0 times stolen. Held by Callista. Contains various potions.
Eighth Gift
Ninth Gift
Tenth Gift
Eleventh Gift: 0 times stolen. Held by Gandin. Contains everlasting dung and a bag.
Twelvth Gift
Thirteenth Gift

Order
[spoiler]Callista: 5
Isaak: 6
Gandin: 7
Golas: 8
Kin: 8
Kryas: 8
Serena: 11
Lyolf: 19
Annia: 20
Katrias: 21
Grey: 23
Vladimir: 23
Nyuko: 24[/spoiler]

Gift Descriptions
[spoiler]The first gift was wrapped up with some sheets of pretty gift-wrapping paper with little decorations of holly and red berries all over it. What made it more unique was the fact that it had red sparkles over each of the berries, and instead of a bow like most of the other gifts, had actual holly leaves glued to it as a makeshift bow.

The second gift was completely wrapped in shiny red paper. Though unlike regular paper, small snow flakes drifted across it on its surface, the stylized-snow mimicking the decent of the real thing. The tag stuck to it was special too, in that it looked as if it was stuck frozen in a block of ice.

The third gift was a small satin box. There weren't any other furnishings beside this fact.

The fourth gift was a long rectangular box wrapped up in a pine-green wrapping paper. The ribbon tied to it was white, and it neatly finished, almost a craftsmen's work, though of course, in a gift-box form.

The fifth gift was a small box. It was small enough to fit in one's palm. What made this unique was the golden wrapper paper with a striking maroon ribbon that tied the gift together.

The sixth gift was wrapped in a vivid blue wrapping paper, tied with a set of white ribbon. It wasn't an entirely large gift, but it looked hastily prepared. That said the wrapping was still well done and neatly placed.

The seventh gift was also wrapped in a golden sheet. It had a silver-colored ribbon that spanned the box.

The eighth gift was a flat box. It had equal dimensions on two sides, but the last one was only two inches thick. It was wrapped in a simple brown-colored wrapping paper, and there was no ribbon that held it in place.

The ninth gift was a large one. It was a few feet in length, width, and height. It was wrapped in a crimson-red wrapping paper, however like the previous gift this too did not have any further embellishments, and looked as if it had been quickly thrown together.

The tenth gift looked to be a simple card. It was placed in a purple envelope, though it still had a red ribbon across it, though it acted more as decoration rather than actual use.

The eleventh gift was an extremely large box. The proportions on it were strangely even however, and it looked like great care was done to ensure both the lid and the wrapping paper were just as large. The box itself was around 16 ft. even on all sides.

The twelfth gift was a box just as large as the previous one. Instead of gift wrap, it had various pieces of art on the side, one with a giant egg revealing a sunset, a large ship with butterflies as sails, a mechanical-like horse, and a gorilla eating some strange-looking food.

The thirteenth gift was a smaller package, it was cubic-shaped, wrapped in a paper with a red and green Escher-esque interlocking bird pattern. It had a bright green bow with a tag on it with a simple greeting written in calligraphy.[/spoiler]

Gandin to describe the gift.